Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 6, 2011
Norf
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Crutchy Push
I can't see us finishing lower than 9th.

Freo won't beat the Doggies over here and the Doggies would need to make up 25 goals on us to dislodge us from 9th spot.

Three clubs will have priorities and the lions are using their compo pick from last year. Thats at least four slots back for our second and third.

• Banned
Three clubs will have priorities and the lions are using their compo pick from last year. Thats at least four slots back for our second and third.

Thanks.

The news just keeps getting better.:rolleyes:

If we win = 9th.

Lose and we could drop as low as 12th.

Future-Tanks.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading for Mcintosh for a lower pick...would just be stupid...MCintosh is a ready made player...while there is no garentee the lower draft pick will ever play an afl game...Trade Mcintosh for a running half back!

Trading for Mcintosh for a lower pick...would just be stupid...MCintosh is a ready made player...while there is no garentee the lower draft pick will ever play an afl game...Trade Mcintosh for a running half back!

He should have played last night, he will play next week, and he will line up for North in round 1, 2012.

I must admit I've changed my mind on Mcintosh. Worst time to trade him. He will never be worth as little as he he is at the moment and if he gets back into good form then maybe we shouldn't be trading him anyway.

H and Goldy rotating between forward and ruck with Drew settled in the forward line is probably our best bet going forward. Based on last night we need a few more running types to get the ball out to in the midfield and we'll need a dominating ruck division to do it. We need to persist with our talls and look at moving on some mid sized back men and mid paced midfielders.

Whilst I think Monster might be the one that actually requests the trade anyway, anyone we replace him with isn't going to fix our current issues and it's virtually counter-productive to our current issues. With at least six blokes, maybe couple more, who have ordinary nine-irons for legs, surely we need someone else in the fwd half with half a chance of catching the sky balls continuously pumped in.
I just think we r better off keeping him for this reason alone. Last night showed we are several players with terrific foot skills off being able to challenge the bigger boys.

With a low pick (rookie?) we need to identify a quick and talented small forward that we can turn into a small defender who can play tight, but run and carry, with an exquisite precision Swiss-army-knife-style kick . We seem to always rely on not-quick-enough-to-be-midfielders to be our small defenders, which seems a bizarre concept given the number of lightening quick (or at least nimble/agile) small forwards who are around.

To me, I'd take the best available (Key forward or mid - focus on foot skills and leg speed) at pick 18, and the best 'other' not taken at 18 with pick 36. Ready made small defender, or if not a rangey HBF'er/wingman at 54, same focus on foot skills and leg speed.

Did Hawthorn deliberately recruit players for their foot skills, or are they just very good at coaching it? I'd like us to consider poaching from their coaching panel if it was coaching.

Who cares if he requests a trade? He has 2 years on his contract to go. We cannot let him go until Goldy is signed up. Any suggestion to the contrary is madness. Ignore Moti.

Weak, weak response. Fits the team perfectly based on last night.

Wanna win a premiership soon, harden up. Mc Intosh will be the best VFL ruck man next year if he stays and his value will decrease further. Needs to happen now.

Weak, weak response. Fits the team perfectly based on last night.

Wanna win a premiership soon, harden up. Mc Intosh will be the best VFL ruck man next year if he stays and his value will decrease further. Needs to happen now.
What happens if Hamish leaves this year and then Goldy takes GWS cash next year? By then Petrie will be 31. Just Mabon and Daw? That's your Premiership ruck duo?

Makes no difference where we finish really. Weak draft, might get one decent player out of it. We had our last two first round picks missing on Saturday night, so you'd think they will benefit from a preseason, along with the likes of Wright, Speight, Macmillan, Mullett, Ziebell, Basti, Black, Mabon, C. Delaney. Most of the pieces are in place so we just need to draft shrewdly from this point on and allow for development. Little chief will be a good F/S get in two years aswell.

Will that be enough? Who knows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back