Competitions Pieman Round 20 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

dogwatch let's be reasonable is there any point for me to do anything in the pieman anymore? :p

I also can't remember my team, could you remind me?

dogwatch let's be reasonable is there any point for me to do anything in the pieman anymore? :p

I also can't remember my team, could you remind me?
You're playing for pride in the jumper son! Imagine if the WB took that attitude and got thumped by 80 points every week! What would the fans say?

Come to think of it, you don't have to imagine. It happened last year.

Here's your team. Be grateful that you've got nearly a full list to choose from.

• Cooney
    Giansiracusa-T2
    Liberatore-T2
    Addison-T2
    Hunter-T2

You're playing for pride in the jumper son! Imagine if the WB took that attitude and got thumped by 80 points every week! What would the fans say?

Come to think of it, you don't have to imagine. It happened last year.

Here's your team. Be grateful that you've got nearly a full list to choose from.

• Cooney
    Giansiracusa-T2
    Liberatore-T2
    Addison-T2
    Hunter-T2
And what a horrible end to last year it was. I think I might be heading the way of the Dogs of last year :oops:

Addo for banker thanks :) Watch him get 5 behinds, no goals :p

Only chance for me to take lead was Addo kicking some goals,
You have been added to my s**t list ;)
That was timtam's fault:
And what a horrible end to last year it was. I think I might be heading the way of the Dogs of last year :oops:

Addo for banker thanks :) Watch him get 5 behinds, no goals :p
Addison 0 goals 3 behinds

(This weeks' results up soon ... interesting)

PIEMAN RESULTS - ROUND 20 v CARLTON
Well, Grant's resurgence has made things pretty interesting for the Pieman comp. No changes in the top 3 but they might just be getting a bit nervous ...

Pieman Player of the Week
No surprises here. Jarrad Grant (28) was the standout ahead of Tom Young (22).

Leading five players for 2013 (on pre-season handicaps) are:
  • 125 - Markovic
  • 120 - Dahlhaus, Giansiracusa
  • 110 - Addison
  • 108 - Murphy
Those five would give you 583 for the season.

The KELVIN
Stunning result here. threenewpadlocks (95) got the highest score of the year. Not far behind was last year's Pieman, josh the gent (84), and then a l-o-o-o-ng way back to Kennel Master (48) and QPRangers (40).

What do these four have in common? Grant. What do 3np and josh have in common? They are the only two with Grant as banker. Special congrats to 3np who not only stuck with Grant when others traded him out, but he cunningly traded him out with a handicap of 7 and brought him back in the same trade period with a handicap of 10. Very astute!

The PIEMAN
The top eight are unchanged. grassman75 (634) has slightly increased his lead over StringyDog (607) and Palace03 (598). Moving closer in fourth and fifth respectively are cecil (594) and Fossie 32 (584).

However the real threat and a massive mover this week is threenewpadlocks (559) up 17 places this week and 27 places in just two weeks! Obviously this depends on Grant, but to give you an idea of why he's a threat: if Grant had kicked 6 instead of 4 today (as some are suggesting he should have done), 3np would now be in 3rd place on 599. Not bad after being in 36th place two weeks ago.

The other huge mover is josh the gent (513) who is up 18 places to 21st, but may have left his title defence just a bit late.

The COLLINS
Cause for celebration here too, as Fossie 32 has cracked the ton! (Something Jack Collins was never able to do - maybe we'll have to call it the Fossie next year?) cecil (92) remains in second and forget the rest.

Full leaderboard will be posted here soon.

Here's the leaderboard after Round 20.

Just to pump up threenewpadlocks tyres a bit more, I just noticed that after Round 17 he was 46th (and 50th after Round 15). Now three weeks later he is 9th with a silver bullet. Never give up hope!*

* I'm talking to you timtamWB!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back