Travel Places you have been 2 that you have no interest in ever going back 둘

Remove this Banner Ad

fair call about Eudunda

problem I had with those small towns is they were run by families. if you weren't part of one of the big families, you literally weren't worth knowing. Kapunda was no different in that regard

Yeah I lived a couple of years in Nuriootpa. You weren't a local unless you had a German surname and your family had been in the region for 3 or 4 generations.

Yeah I lived a couple of years in Nuriootpa. You weren't a local unless you had a German surname and your family had been in the region for 3 or 4 generations.
yeah, lived there for 6 or 7 years too. same feelings. the whole Barossa region is like that. I blame Patsy Biscoe..

yeah, lived there for 6 or 7 years too. same feelings. the whole Barossa region is like that. I blame Patsy Biscoe..

What did she do sorry?

Not a huge fan of old mining towns. Obviously has a bit of a creepy reputation and always had a weird vibe for me. Same with other towns close by like Eudunda.
Broken Hill is cool ,Ive been there a few times ,not for a long time now, but I quite liked it.
You could be in red dirt/outback in a days drive from Melbourne with all the pubs and "culture"...basically just drank at a lot of pubs and hung out with the locals when I was young and silly

definitely on the might go back for another look list

Broken Hill is cool ,Ive been there a few times ,not for a long time now, but I quite liked it.
You could be in red dirt/outback in a days drive from Melbourne with all the pubs and "culture"...basically just drank at a lot of pubs and hung out with the locals when I was young and silly

I imagine Broken Hill would be somewhat better being a bit more of a regional centre. But old mining towns where 'tourism' is the main drawcard just rub me as incredibly dull, depressing and weird. Burra another example in SA, as opposed to Claire which I quite liked and was about 30 minutes away.

New York would be the only US city I'd return to

Los Angeles - absolute hole If I ever go to the States again I will fly to San Fran
Manila - dirty, crowded and smelly
Novosibirsk - not terrible but boring as bat s**t
Adelaide - see Novosibirsk

Rome, Paris, New York, Disneyland, Hong Kong, Cairo, Sydney, Camperdown.
What ?
the only one on that list I would avoid is Disney, Ive been to both a few times and the French one,my wifes a fan so I will be going to Tokyo Disney this year too.....

The others are my faves ...except for Camperdown,Ive driven through a few times never stopped

I would be a bit worried about revisiting Cairo though now but would love another spin through the museum and bazaar and stay at the Sofitel (it was an old Victorian Building)??? , we used to have lunch there sometimes.

Last edited:
No love for Chicago?

I'd definitely go back there over NYC.

I only spent a day in Chicago and half of that was taken up by a baseball game. It would technically be returning there but I'd be seeing it properly for the first time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ?
the only one on that list I would avoid is Disney, Ive been to both a few times and the French one,my wifes a fan so I will be going to Tokyo Disney this year too.....

The others are my faves ...except for Camperdown,Ive driven through a few times never stopped

I would be a bit worried about revisiting Cairo though now but would love another spin through the museum and bazaar and stay at the Sofitel (it was an old Victorian Building)??? , we used to have lunch there sometimes.
The bigger cities, I've been to multiple times, usually 7-10 days at a time, so there's nothing else I'd like to see there. Too many tourists these days as well.
Did all the big ticket items in Egypt. Luckily King Tuts mask was in display at the time. Nothing there I feel like I need to revisit.
I love theme parks but Disney is hell on earth to me and full of weirdos.
Camperdown was our annual holiday when I was in Primary school because we were povo, and I hated it.
But in general I'm like you and tend not to revisit places and rather do something new.

The bigger cities, I've been to multiple times, usually 7-10 days at a time, so there's nothing else I'd like to see there. Too many tourists these days as well.
Did all the big ticket items in Egypt. Luckily King Tuts mask was in display at the time. Nothing there I feel like I need to revisit.
I love theme parks but Disney is hell on earth to me and full of weirdos.
Camperdown was our annual holiday when I was in Primary school because we were povo, and I hated it.
But in general I'm like you and tend not to revisit places and rather do something new.

Islands of Adventure + Cedar Point >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Disney.

Absolutely! Us two would holiday well together I reckon.

FWIW i enjoyed my days at Disney- but its like the place has only two or three good rides and thats it. Went Magic and MGM. Fast passes worked a treat tho, i used them to their full advantage.

Cedar was even better- you had a separate line you could just stroll in and legit skip 3/4 or more of the queue, everytime and no limits on that either.

Fave rides would be Incredible Hulk at Islands (smoothest coaster imo) and Dragster at Cedar.

Gympie. Qld.
I did not realise that you could fit that many rev-head bogans into one town
And culty Christian types
...I think wacko jacko lives there????
the footy club surprising AFL in rugby country is called the Gympie Cats,must have been lots of Mexican, footy loving, happy clapper that joined the local cults.
Horrible place with the worst value for money Motels in Australia.
I plan all my trips to avoid it......though surprisingly I found a nice little boho cafe in the main street of the real town (not the freeway)
It was 6 or 7 years ago and he has probably been run out of town or kidnapped and exorcised by now

Gympie. Qld.
I did not realise that you could fit that many rev-head bogans into one town

I drive through there quite often. I do so as quickly as possible.

And culty Christian types
...I think wacko jacko lives there????
the footy club surprising AFL in rugby country is called the Gympie Cats,must have been lots of Mexican, footy loving, happy clapper that joined the local cults.
Horrible place with the worst value for money Motels in Australia.
I plan all my trips to avoid it......though surprisingly I found a nice little boho cafe in the main street of the real town (not the freeway)
It was 6 or 7 years ago and he has probably been run out of town or k5idnapped and exorcised by now

There is actually a decent pie shop on the freeway too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back