Universal Love Players throwing a sign before and after the song 🤟 Rest In Peace Michael 🤟

Club write-up from the SEN interviews from this morning 🤟

Andy McGrath said:
Andrew McGrath, one of the five Bombers in the photo published on the club's social channels, said Johnson’s speech had a massive impact on the players.

“We listened to his video during the week and were really touched by everything we heard and the perspective he gave us. He’s an amazing man with an amazing story,” McGrath told SEN 1116.

“There were so many sticking points, but the ‘I love you too’ part was probably the main sticking point. Getting to do what we do every day, spreading love and making somebody else’s day better is something we’re really focusing on.”
uncyherb you were spot on :)

Ernie Johnson said:
“I was just blown away when I saw the photo of the players making the ‘love you’ sign,” Johnson told SEN 1116 on Wednesday.

“Social media to me can sometimes be the worst thing in the world. Sometimes it’s a breeding ground for hate and for people to obliterate each other, but sometimes you look on there and find a picture of five Bombers making the ‘love you too’ sign and I’m just blown away. That’s brought this full circle for me.

“They’ve got a brand new fan who lives all the way in Braselton, Georgia, wherever the heck that is. I’m pulling for them this weekend. They’ll never know how much it meant to see that picture.”

"I was just trying to get a message across to them (Alabama players) that there’s more to life than the next game. There’s waking up the next day trying to say, ‘How can I make someone else’s life better?’" he said.

"If you think that’s going to happen, that’s a really cool thing because as the day goes on you think, ‘Wow, is this where I’m going to make someone’s day better? Is this an opportunity?’ The whole thing is you have to take yourself out of the equation and put your agenda aside.

"At a time where there are a lot of people at each other’s throats, you know, grown people having beef with each other, let’s get past that. Let’s look at the other side and say, ‘Hey, can’t we have a day here where I recognise something that was outside of my agenda to make somebody else’s day better?’"

Essendon Football Club said:
The club would like to thank Johnson for inspiring the players with his messages of love, and has an Essendon guernsey on the way to the US to officially welcome him to the red and black family.
rumply ^

I do like that Matt Gwelfi.

the legend even apologised

E8A10946-E15A-4854-B38A-F7A0A1F530BE.jpeg

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
A few talls to bolster our KPP stocks.

For reference Kenny 'the Jet' Smith is about the same height as Jake Stringer.

Last edited:

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons

It's related to this

And it's beautiful. There's too much hate in the world, this sort of thing needs to be celebrated more. It could've been Carlton players and I would've given a nod of respect. This is our boys and it's brilliant that, on a global scale, a bush league is getting recognition for joining a really great but simple thing.

It's harder to love than hate, but you get so much more out of focusing on the good in life, not just for yourself but everyone you're around.

Do we play Shaq back or forward?
We get Sam Draper to sit on his shoulders and have them as a intercept defender/forward/ruck/midfielder

We get Sam Draper to sit on his shoulders and have them as a intercept defender/forward/ruck/midfielder
Take it out of the ruck and kick the goal from atop the shoulders, don't need a defender or a mid :p

Back