PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they're pretty decent, although Sony have been going backwards on the headsets a bit. The original Sony Gold Headsets (the foldable one - 2.0) were outstanding and easily the best value headsets anywhere, bar none. They were really good at blocking external noise - not actually a feature, just the ear padding was so solid that it blocked noise super well - and the sound quality was up there with anything more expensive that I've used (like Astro's). The latest Sony Gold are relatively poor make in comparison.

Now they're just decent value for money. I found the band weird at first but now that's fine, they don't block much noise at all either. The one disappointing thing about the PS5 version too, is that they took away the app for the sound. I really liked the individual game profiles that came out with most 1st party Sony titles and the odd 3rd party. I usually found the profile with the most bass and would just tend to use that for all games, but now that's gone.

I'd like to try the Astro A10 or 20's for comparisons, but not going to bother spending more just to try some headsets out as the Sony ones are completely serviceable.

My bro in law who never wanted to spend as much as me on wireless headsets went through a heap of s**t ones but by the time he got those Gold ones for PS4 he was really happy. They were really good.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from the Pulse 3D headset. I didn't need them but they were a good price and seemed like something cool to try out for a new console with their proprietary 3D stuff even though I can use the surround with mine anyway. I thought they were pretty comfy in my brief time and I do like the mic monitoring as that's the only thing missing from my current pair. I don't think the mic could be any better though seeing as it's not on an arm so it's something you've just got to deal with. The big issue at the moment with the headsets I think is with the removal of the optical port they're all going to need the HDMI splitter which just makes them all more expensive when they're already too expensive anyway. The current prices of things like the A50s, Razer Backshark V2 and Arctis Pro and 7P are just ridiculous, and unless they have a promo for the HDMI splitter then chuck on another $30-40 to actually be able to make the most out of them by being able to use the receiver properly.

I'll definitely try them with something else and not base it off about 20-30minutes with one game that doesn't seem to have the best audio anyway, but I was definitely disappointed. I doubt I'll switch to them full time anyway as I more curious than anything. I am such a big fan of my GSP 600 (PC) and GSP 670 (wireless for console) pairs that when Sennheiser rebranded them under EPOS I was worried about them being discontinued at some point so I stocked up on replacement memory foam ear cushions direct from Sennheiser as they're the only things that wear out and need replacing on them.

My bro in law who never wanted to spend as much as me on wireless headsets went through a heap of sh*t ones but by the time he got those Gold ones for PS4 he was really happy. They were really good.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from the Pulse 3D headset. I didn't need them but they were a good price and seemed like something cool to try out for a new console with their proprietary 3D stuff even though I can use the surround with mine anyway. I thought they were pretty comfy in my brief time and I do like the mic monitoring as that's the only thing missing from my current pair. I don't think the mic could be any better though seeing as it's not on an arm so it's something you've just got to deal with. The big issue at the moment with the headsets I think is with the removal of the optical port they're all going to need the HDMI splitter which just makes them all more expensive when they're already too expensive anyway. The current prices of things like the A50s, Razer Backshark V2 and Arctis Pro and 7P are just ridiculous, and unless they have a promo for the HDMI splitter then chuck on another $30-40 to actually be able to make the most out of them by being able to use the receiver properly.

I'll definitely try them with something else and not base it off about 20-30minutes with one game that doesn't seem to have the best audio anyway, but I was definitely disappointed. I doubt I'll switch to them full time anyway as I more curious than anything. I am such a big fan of my GSP 600 (PC) and GSP 670 (wireless for console) pairs that when Sennheiser rebranded them under EPOS I was worried about them being discontinued at some point so I stocked up on replacement memory foam ear cushions direct from Sennheiser as they're the only things that wear out and need replacing on them.

Both AC and Fenyx Rising sounded really good on the PS5 headset.

Both AC and Fenyx Rising sounded really good on the PS5 headset.
AC was s**t with a surround sound set up. i saw something about it being s**t with headphones too or at least with the 3d audio activated. The sound is just s**t and low bitrate.

AC was sh*t with a surround sound set up. i saw something about it being sh*t with headphones too or at least with the 3d audio activated. The sound is just sh*t and low bitrate.

That's cool, I enjoyed it with the headphones on.

AC was sh*t with a surround sound set up. i saw something about it being sh*t with headphones too or at least with the 3d audio activated. The sound is just sh*t and low bitrate.

That right, AC had horrible audio anyway and nothing to do with the platform. It was heavily compressed (as in the frequency range) on top of the confirmed poor bitrate. I found this out after playing for about 15 minutes on PC with my external headphone DAC/amp, wondering wtf was going on and looking it up. Stereo only sounds better because it mixes 5.1 channels down to 2.0 so it boosts previously quiet channels.

The audio in AC might of worried me more if the story was good. the game itself wasnt good. and far far far too bloated. at least 30hrs could of easily been cut. so many copy/paste missions in new regions.

got the platinum but man it was a huge time sink and not even a good one.

Don't like the console mods much, white still looks the best

Controller mods are pretty nice tho

PS5-Faceplate.jpg

PS5-Face-Plate-770x433.jpg

yes. Rang EB again and still no new shipments.
EB are copping it on socials like twitter and rightly so. Sony and EB screwed the preorders to the point there still is no update on new shipments for their preorders. Especially since US have had multiple restocks of the new gen consoles.

Feel sorry for the 15th Dec preorderers who have had theirs delayed.

Anyone else like me who had the 2021 preorder date, I have a gut feeling we wont see it till December at tue earliest. I reckon it will be more like 2022

inb4 cancelled due to legal threats again in 3... 2...

This new console generation has shown it’s a bit short-sighted when people say, “I never buy a console at launch because I don’t want to be a beta tester”. It’s not like Sony will manufacture the next wave of consoles with new hardware inserted that will make the console run better than the launch consoles, everything is fixed in software patches. I wonder how many people have that thought process and then stress and get irritated in January because the new console is seemingly a long way away from being widely available.

This new console generation has shown it’s a bit short-sighted when people say, “I never buy a console at launch because I don’t want to be a beta tester”. It’s not like Sony will manufacture the next wave of consoles with new hardware inserted that will make the console run better than the launch consoles, everything is fixed in software patches. I wonder how many people have that thought process and then stress and get irritated in January because the new console is seemingly a long way away from being widely available.
I definitely did but I don’t play games as much as I used to though

I certainly am not one to wait until they fix issues. I just missed the preorders going live at ridiculous O'clock due to work (and subsequently just scraped in getting a 2021 place at midday).

However they actually do fix some minor hardware issues. I remember with some ps4s in the first batch having cds eject randomly. They fixed that. Also there have been reports of some of the first batch of ps5s bricking themselves so they would naturally look into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I definitely did but I don’t play games as much as I used to though

I reckon a lot of people would have done the same, too. Around the same point, I am a digital only gamer (I find it neater) but I bought the disc console. Better to have it (4k player) than not.

I certainly am not one to wait until they fix issues. I just missed the preorders going live at ridiculous O'clock due to work (and subsequently just scraped in getting a 2021 place at midday).

However they actually do fix some minor hardware issues. I remember with some ps4s in the first batch having cds eject randomly. They fixed that. Also there have been reports of some of the first batch of ps5s bricking themselves so they would naturally look into it.

What sucked about the preorders going live was there was no word from Sony that the preorders would be up after the showcase to announce the release date. The showcase just finished and then the preorders started going live within half an hour. I actually read on here within minutes that the Target, EB, BigW and JB preorders were all starting to go live one after the other, otherwise I wouldn’t have known and missed out myself. Sony definitely could have handled it better. Hopefully there’s word of when they will be freely available soon.

No batches made are without faults, it's normal to have a small percentage of issues on mass produced products. It's why they hold back stock for warranties.

What sucked about the preorders going live was there was no word from Sony that the preorders would be up after the showcase to announce the release date. The showcase just finished and then the preorders started going live within half an hour. I actually read on here within minutes that the Target, EB, BigW and JB preorders were all starting to go live one after the other, otherwise I wouldn’t have known and missed out myself. Sony definitely could have handled it better. Hopefully there’s word of when they will be freely available soon.

I reckon they did it on purpose. Not broadcasting the sale time actually prevented a lot of bots and automated systems buying up all the stock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back