Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
PMB .... Whats the pros and cons on Tsatis... CT say he is chance to slip thru to Saints ......
Accumulation, run and carry and just his power (acceleration, leap, top speed) are things that he does better than 95% of the draft class, and his balance as a midfielder is superb, can switch from a receiver to inside ball winner immediately, but also can play on the wing well, and his stoppage craft is superb.

The main things that will see him slide, if he does, would be his ball use at top speed/ under pressure and lack of defensive game. I actually think his ball use is decent out in space, can sometimes get under the ball too much on his kicks but imo that's an easy fix in a full time environment, and when he's kicking on an angle you barely ever see it which tells me he's got good technique at his core. His handballing in the thick of things can be a bit loopy too, looks like he goes 100% in getting out of a tackle and then panics with what to do afterwards

The defensive stuff is, to be blunt, inexcusable though, there are times where he's been in the best position of his team to lay a tackle and he hasn't gone for it, that stuff I don't think is easily coached so I reckon that's the main sticking point.

Humphrey will be at Essendon, Gold Coast or Hawthorn. I'm also certain of it.
not listening stephen colbert GIF

Yep, going to the Giants at 15

Phantom Draft Round 1
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
boy am I hoping there's no pick trades between now and Tuesday that ruins all of this work!

Now before we get into it, I really need to stress that this is based on what I think will happen, draft positions here aren't necessarily a reflection on how I rate the talent order this year, to be perfectly honest there's some guys in this phantom going way too high and way too low in my opinion. Some of it is well informed, some of it is based on other reliable rumours, some of it is pure guess work based on what I perceive a clubs needs as, and at the end of the day none of it matters come the actual draft, because I don't work for a club and like everyone else am just putting names to random numbers/ clubs

Anyway, lets get into it xx

R1.PNG

Pick 1 - GWS - Aaron Cadman
GWV Rebels | VIC Country
Tall Forward
195 cm 91 kg
Snapshot;
The leading Key Forward in this years pool, Cadman has earnt some lofty comparisons in terms of his play style, with Jeremy Cameron being the most popular one due to how much of the footy he accumulates and how hard he works to create up the ground as well as inside 50. Cadman really comes across as a safe KPF selection with his only notable weakness for the role being his set shot conversion, but his work rate, ground level work and marking are all top class, giving him a good platform to impact in all aspects of the game, not just inside 50

Rationale; Seems pretty much locked in at this point with GWS in desperate need of some reinforcement for their tall forward stocks, and the draft being their primary method of list building, they'll almost certainly reach for Cadman given that need and the go-home risk of other top prospects in the range. On top of all that, the fact that Cadman is physically ready to impact next year, probably not as a main target mind you, is a real boost to a side that struggles with getting their best KPF in Hogan on the park consistently, and the others suffering from being inconsistent or just not up to standard

Other considerations; The only other option for Pick 1 is to bid on Will Ashcroft, which isn't something GWS traditionally do without a reason other than "make other teams pay", he doesn't fit a list need which I think is the main factor here, but the deal for Pick 15 did seem to favour GWS a little bit so may have some sort of agreement there. Plus Northern Academy sides look out for each other where they can

Pick 2 - Brisbane (Matched Bid) - Will Ashcroft
Sandringham Dragons | VIC Metro
Balanced Midfielder
181 cm 78 kg
Snapshot;
The most dominate player in the pool, and arguable ever in the NAB League, there's literally nothing else Ashcroft could've done this year to push his case as the best player in the class. He's won nearly every award he's eligible for, impressed at VFL level and remained nothing but level headed throughout. A consistent threat in the midfield, there's little flaws to Ashcroft's game and it's not out of the realms of possibility that he'll have a bigger impact than Nick Daicos next year given his play style and more readymade frame, I could see him lining up in the centre square in Round 1 alongside Dunkley and Neale.

Rationale; Brisbane have made the right pick trading moves to allow them to match a bid on Ashcroft and will likely make some live pick trades the night of to avoid going into a major deficit when matching Fletcher, there's nothing that will see either end up in other colours

Brisbane use picks 34, 35, 36 and 38, leaving them with a surplus of 17 points

Pick 3 - North Melbourne - George Wardlaw
Oakleigh Chargers | VIC Metro
Inside Midfielder
182 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
If there was a chance someone would dethrone Ashcroft this year, it was with Wardlaw, and it can be argued that he's still the top prospect given his performances early in the year and the traits he has. Whilst the hamstring hiccups will have caused concern for some, even with that slight risk Wardlaw's positives make it difficult to overlook him with a top pick, especially for a team that recently lost their future contested bull. Wardlaw ticks pretty much every box for a contested midfielder; strong in the contest, athletic, defensively minded and clean with the footy, but also is able to impact on the outside when forced into those positions, however I doubt a club is going to try and put him in that role too often

Rationale; As stated in the snapshot, they've just lost JHF who was billed to be their star contested bull for a decade, so bringing in someone of that quality in the midfield is a hard opportunity to pass up. Even though he is a little small compared to what modern midfielders are becoming, his A+ competiveness more than makes up for it, along with his willingness to throw himself at opposition and ball alike. He'll get early opportunities if he really is over the Hamstring complaints, and despite limited exposure in other roles he's got the skill set to impact anywhere.

Pick 4 - North Melbourne - Harry Sheezel
General Forward
185 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
Arguably the best and most effective user of the footy in the class, Sheezel is an invaluable asset in the front half for any team he's part of, with his dynamic style allowing him to wear all sorts of different caps within the 'small forward' role. He's strong above head and at ground level, evasive enough to get around opponents to slot a goal but smart enough to know when to do it, he possess everything that anyone is looking for in a forward half player except for top level athleticism, but even that aspect has been overblown a bit.

Rationale; North's interest in Sheezel has been known for quite a while, even prior to trading down it seems like he was always their guy at the top of the order. Players like Toby Greene, Charlie Cameron, Tyson Stengle, etc. that are reliable as smaller targets but also able to impact at ground level have proved to be worth their weight in gold, and whilst Sheezel doesn't share all their traits he makes up for it with his supreme disposal. Although I think he's a 'set and forget' up forward, his skills translate to every role on the ground, so if North feel they need someone in the midfield or backline as well Sheezel could fill in pretty easily, another one that'll have early opportunities

Considerations; The only other player I can realistically see North taking with these picks is Elijah Tsatas, but I don't think they're going to move from the combo of Sheezel and Wardlaw between now and the draft unless they get an extremely compelling trade offer.

Pick 5 - Essendon - Bailey Humphrey
Gippsland Power | VIC Country
Inside Midfielder/ General Forward
185 cm 86 kg
Snapshot;
Even with a mid season break due to injury, Humphrey has pushed up from being 'stiff to miss out on the Vic Country Hub' to an almost guaranteed Top 10 selection. With the rise in prominence of players that can act as top class on ballers and as forward 50 targets when resting it's not hard to see why Humphrey is being so sort after, with a strong contested game and burst speed in the centre, and ridiculously good contested mark up forward, Humphrey is going to be one that'll hurt opposition in either role in the long run. I also think his disposal quality has been severely undersold recently, his goal kicking is obviously an area of improvement but I do believe his disposal in general play is pretty good for a player winning so much of it at the coalface

Rationale; More than anything Essendon need some physicality in their midfield, and Essendon fans continue to scream about getting a bigger body in there, and Humphrey fits the bill. We've also seen how much of a game changer Stringer can be for them when on song, so bringing in someone that can act as an understudy for a few years will be an attractive prospect. No one player is an immediate fix, but selecting Humphrey is a step in the right direction, and like those taken before him he's physically ready for AFL footy, with his endurance the only thing I can see holding him back

Considerations; Like every year there's a lot of players being linked to Essendon, trying to wade through it all isn't easy, but I ended up tossing the coin between Reuben Ginbey, Elijah Tsatas and Mattaes Phillipou here for them as well. Ultimately I just believe that Humphrey is the most likely of that group given Dodo is a massive fan.

Pick 6 - Gold Coast Suns - Reuben Ginbey
East Perth | WA
Inside Midfielder/ General Defender
189 cm 82 kg
Snapshot;
Arguably the biggest bolter of the season, Ginbey burst onto the scene, and draft boards, after his Round 1 debut with the East Perth senior side, looking more than capable at the level with bigger bodies and more developed footy skills, matching it with some of the best forwards the WAFL has to offer. What's really piqued clubs interest with Ginbey is his high level athleticism, contested game and potential as a midifelder, with clubs looking for players with speed and endurance to match the increasing demands of AFL running, Ginbey fits the bill well with his skillset.

Rationale; What do Gold Coast even really need apart from Key Defenders and some luck with injury? Not much imo, so taking a punt on a guy who at best could be an A grade contested midfielder, or at worst could fill in as a third tall defender capable of locking down tall or small opponents isn't a bad way to go about it. I still have questions as to whether he'll end up a full time midfielder, but the more I think about it the more the pick makes sense, with the top end of Ginbey's ceiling essentially a perfect picture of what a modern day contested midfielder should be.

Considerations; There's really not much else that will happen here, if Ginbey's gone to Essendon then perhaps Bailey Humphrey is the one to try and fill a similar long term role? There has been interest in Jhye Clark as well so that looms as a possible surprise

Pick 7 - Hawthorn - Elijah Tsatas
Balanced Midfielder/ Wing
186 cm 79 kg
Snapshot;
A pick 1 contender at the start of the year, Tsatas has gradually become one of the most polarising prospects in the top rung of the class. His best traits are ridiculously eye catching, with his athleticism and ability to translate it into every situation the main thing catching the eye, like Ginbey that speed is something clubs are always looking to add to their midfield mix. A strong accumulator and flexible within his role in the midfield, he gives whichever club takes him options, with no decision really effecting his output.

Rationale; I mean, Hawthorn need midfielders and it's hard to see them passing up one that brings something so different to their current mix. I know the Hawks faithful are split on Mackenzie/ Phillipou/ Clark/ Tsatas/ Humphrey, and it's hard to see this pick not being one of them, but ultimately I just sense that if Tsatas does fall here come draft night they won't pass him up even with the question marks. It's a really hard talent v fit debate here, Tsatas is, in my opinion pretty clearly the top talent left here, but Hawthorn's drafting last year indicates to me he's not really the type they're looking for, with more emphasis on footskills and workrate

Considerations; Jhye Clark and Cam Mackenzie are the main ones here, both fit Hawks drafting profile under Mitchell more and for that reason this is the pick I most expect to get wrong from the Top 7

Pick 8 - Geelong - Jedd Busslinger
East Perth | WA
Tall Defender
196 cm 82 kg
Snapshot;
Just clearly the best tall defender in the pool, if it weren't for a Shoulder Injury ending his season early I reckon Busslinger would've been a lock to the Suns. Outside of lacking a bit of speed and not being overly convincing one-on-one at WAFL league level, there's very little about Busslinger's game that causes concern. A good mark, reader of the play, user and intercept player, Busslinger has a lot of traits clubs are looking for when it comes to tall timber down back, and will more than likely make as a very good second tall in the long run.

Rationale; Is it the 'Selwood connection' that I'm overblowing? Possibly! But looking at Geelong's list after trade period it's hard to poke holes in their young talent around the ground. With a strong young forward and midfielder crop already, that got added to over the trade period, a few promising young tall options for the front half and ruck, it's hard to see a bigger need than a young KPD to partner with SDK in the long run. Even outside of a long term view, they're light on for current KPD's, so whilst Busslinger is likely to develop in the VFL for a year or so, he's ready enough to come in if injury hits as well.

Considerations; It would've been the easiest thing to do with locking in Jhye Clark as the local and most heavily linked in the media, but I just don't understand a midfielder selection with Bruhn and Bowes coming in, and Parfitt, Holmes, Knevitt, etc. waiting in the wings. As a best available selection I get it, but I don't think the gap between these two is big enough to warrant that.

Pick 9 - West Coast Eagles - Jhye Clark
Geelong Falcons | VIC Country
Inside Midfielder
181 cm 76 kg
Snapshot;
Well renowned for his competitive nature and leadership, Clark has long been in and around the top 10 but perhaps doesn't offer the same excitement levels as others in the same area. It is what it is, not every draft pick has to have the capacity to be the next Bont, sometimes a safe selection that's likely to contribute to a high level for 200 odd games is the way to go about it. Clark is a clean and consistent contested mid with a surprisingly good aerial game and footy smarts, and is going to be a player that will turn up each week and give it his all. I think his lack of athleticism has been overblown a bit, whilst he doesn't have the burst power of some others, his top running speed is more than good enough.

Rationale; A non-WA based player to the Eagles? What! West Coast are at the start of their rebuild, and desperately need to address their midfield ASAP. We know they're interested enough in Clark to have interviewed him multiple times, doesn't necessarily mean everything but I think his attitude and approach to each week will appeal to a club that's going to need some drive and leadership with the likes of JJK retiring and Shuey/ Hurn towards their end. As I said in the snapshot, it may be an unexciting pick but I think it's the perfect spot to start for the journey.

Considerations; As much as I disagree with it, Ed Allan could be the pick here given the links, and as I said with Ginbey, the speed and endurance mix is going to be saught after heavily this year, and with Carlton looming and others within the next 5-10 interested and possibly trading up, they might just take him for themselves to avoid the risk. Cam Mackenzie also fits as a hard working midfielder with links there and Mattaes Phillipou seems to be a sneaky chance. And of course, Jedd Busslinger!

Pick 10 - St Kilda - Cameron Mackenzie
Balanced Midfielder
188 cm 83 kg
Snapshot;
Coming into the year as a back flanker, it was a pleasant surprise to see Mackenzie playing as forward/ midfielder in Round 1 and standing out. From there, he's only gone upwards as a well balanced midfielder. There's really not a lot Mackenzie does wrong, he's got a good defensive work ethic, solid athleticism, a well balanced approach to the midfield, strong stoppage craft, strong team ethic and some impressive disposal. So much he does well without being elite means that one of the only concerns with him is whether he's a "good at everything, great at not much" type of player, which I don't agree with but is worth bringing up. If it weren't for a particular Brisbane F/S prospect sharing his side at Sandringham this year, I reckon Mackenzie would've been averaging low 30's and a goal a game such is his quality.

Rationale; You spend enough time developing a kid through the NGA and you're bound to take him if he's available right? Even without the connection, it makes sense for St Kilda to bring in something different to their current on ball brigade in a strong user of the footy, and with his frame there's scope to develop into a big bodied ball winner that everyone loves so much

Considerations; It's a hard one with St Kilda, and it seems they may be left picking the leftovers of the top 9. Mattaes Phillipou has been linked a bit, as has Jedd Busslinger should he reach here. Matthew Jefferson is the smoky here, some quieter links but makes sense as another young KPF to partner with King long term.

(write ups for Picks 11-21 to come sometime within the next 24 hours xx)
Pick 11 - Carlton - Oliver Hollands
Murray Bushrangers | VIC Country
183 cm 71 kg
Snapshot;
The hardest runner in the class, Hollands is a flexible midfield option that is consistent in his output, Hollands proved this year that he's a capable inside ball winner as well as receiver, and then of course as a winger. With his high work rate and gut running, Hollands is a damaging link up option from defensive50 and generally hurts opposition in transition

Rationale; The links have been consistent for a while and Carlton's need for someone that runs hard in both phases of the game. They brought in Acres which relieves a bit of pressure on Hollands in terms of needing to impact right away as he builds some size and strength to prepare for the next level

Considerations; There's a couple of links here, Ed Allan is the other one that pops up a bit which makes sense as he can fill a similar role with arguably higher upside. Matthew Jefferson could be considered here given they're somewhat light on for key forwards, but I reckon it's between Allan and Hollands, as well as any other slider.

Pick 12 - Western Bulldogs - Mattaes Phillipou
Woodville-West Torrens | SA
Balanced Midfielder/ General Forward
190 cm 89 kg
Snapshot;
A long with Tsatas, Phillipou is one that's divided opinion given some of his interview answers in articles, I like a kid with confidence though so don't really see an issue with those. As a player, he's got the highest upside of anyone in the crop given his age and athleticism. Regardless of whether he lives up to the Bont potential, I think the worst case is that he ends up a damaging third tall forward with how strong his overhead marking is.

Rationale; Dogs are hard to get a grip on, they need a few things that Phillipou doesn't address, and I reckon most of the links are coming from the fact his Dad played for the Dogs, but it's undeniable that his upside alone is tantalising at this point in the draft. They managed to turn Bont into what he is, no reason to think they can't do it with Phillipou.

Considerations; As I said hard to get a grip on, from a needs perspective I reckon Lewis Hayes and Josh Weddle fit for KPD reinforcement, and Olli Hotton or Jacob Konstanty could fit the small forward needs. There's word that they've got interest in Charlie Clarke, is it too early for him here?

Pick 13 - Brisbane (Matched Bid) - Jaspa Fletcher
Sherwood | QLD
Wing/ Outside Midfielder
183 cm 76 kg
Snapshot;
The leading Northern State prospect in the pool, Fletcher is in a unique position where he's eligible as both a Father/Son and Nothern Academy selection for Brisbane. He's a classy and clean ball user who's shone his ability to impact as a winger and a centre square player, but has traits that'll allow him to play on a flank at either end as well.

Rationale; As said with Ashcroft, they're not passing on first round talent with the position they're in. They cop a heavy deficit due to the fact I'm not predicting live trades, but come actual draft night I doubt they don't have a trade lined up to avoid one this big.
Brisbane use Pick 52 + 17 point surplus from Ashcroft to match, taking on a 707 point deficit for their first pick in 2023

Pick 14 - West Coast Eagles - Ed Allan
Claremont | WA
Wing/ Balanced Midfielder
194 cm 83 kg
Snapshot;
One that has 'bolted' in the eyes of the public in the back end of the year, Allan has piqued interest as a key position sized midfielder that's shown some strong form on the wing. There's a lot of hype around his potential to turn into a contested ball winner and start unlocking his athleticism a bit more on field

Rationale; It was tempting to pull the trigger at Pick 9, and it won't surprise me if it happens in the real thing, but I feel some more proven talent will be favoured when it gets started. There's a lot to like about Allan, but it's hard to deny that it's a speculative pick this early on, but the Eagles have enough picks to take a risk.

Considerations; WA talent is inevitably getting linked, so Elijah Hewett and Darcy Jones could be pounced on, but it seems a bit early for Jones at the very least. Olli Hotton may be a sneaky chance given he can fill in through the midfield and forward, but I think it's most likely they'll pick whoever remains of the top 12 if Allan is gone/ selected by them at 9

Pick 15 - Melbourne - Matthew Jefferson
Tall Forward
195 cm 84 kg
Snapshot;
A low possession but high impact key forward, Jefferson rarely goes a game without impacting the scoreboard. Although he plays closer to goal most of the time he's shown a good capacity as a tall that can push up the ground and help more with link up play. His marking is his biggest strength, even without being super strong as it stands he's a good one-on-one mark and displays solid body work

Rationale; They need a young KPF to pair with JVR in the long run, and the styles of the two would compliment each other well. I think with Melbourne's game style a player like Jefferson that can take some ridiculous marks and smart leads will thrive with their ball movement forward and damage in transition where he could get one-on-one inside 50

Considerations; There's interest in Ed Allan and this is probably the first pick of the draft I think the club will actively be trying to trade up with. The next couple of picks in Olli Hotton and Jacob Konstanty might be of interest, as might Lachlan Cowan with Jayden Hunt leaving and other options getting older. Elijah Hewett plays like a Melbourne player as well

Pick 16 - Sydney - Olli Hotton
Sandringham Dragons
Balanced Midfielder/ Small Forward
182 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
Flagged early in the pre season as someone with draftable traits, Hotton progressively rose up rankings early in the season, but put himself into first round contention with his game for Metro v South Australia. Incredibly gifted athletically and clean below his knees, Hotton brings a lot of what people are looking for in smaller players, there's some development left in his forward craft, but how dynamic he is will make him a dangerous player

Rationale; Sydney are always the hardest club to get a read of, but I think Hotton fits as a dual position player that's improved with each outing, is clean with his ball use and ground balls, and whilst small in stature has athleticism that allows him to play taller than his height.

Considerations; Always difficult with the Swans, Lachlan Cowan and Josh Weddle could come in and add to their backline quite quickly I imagine, with a slight edging towards Weddle given his potential to play as a Rampe sort of third tall. I also imagine they'll be looking to trade up if the opportunity presents itself, but don't think many with higher picks are looking to move down

Pick 17 - GWS - Jacob Konstanty
Small Forward
177 cm 73 kg
Snapshot;
The most defensively solid small forward in the crop, with pressure forwards proving their value recently Konstanty looks like on that'll draw a bit of attention for this at the draft. He's got athleticism, he's crafty in difficult situations, but most importantly he runs hard in defence and offense.

Rationale; If rumours are to be believed GWS have been into Konstanty for a long time, and as they look to address the front half of the ground Konstanty fits modern football well as a small forward and would add some much needed pressure in the forward line.

Considerations; Charlie Clarke is really the only other player being linked with any sort of strength here which makes sense given he addresses similar needs and there's other clubs in this range interested, but Konstanty is more likely to ranked higher imo

Pick 18 - Essendon (Matched Bid) - Alwyn Davey Jnr
Outside Midfielder/ Small Forward
181 cm 77 kg
Snapshot;
A classy ball user who's proven his value in the midfield and forward line, Davey is a team orientated player that prides himself on setting teammates up with his shrewd ball use

Rationale; Much like Brisbane with Fletcher, if a bids coming up here Essendon will trade for more points, or look to get ahead of the bid, so he'll end up at the Dons but it may not wipe them out of an open selection like this.
Essendon use Pick 24 to Match

Pick 19 - Collingwood - Josh Weddle
General Defender
192 cm 91 kg
Snapshot;
Despite being a little under traditional KPP height, Weddle has successful competed against some of the best talls and smalls in the crop alike, with his outstanding athleticism allowing him to match anyone in the air or in a foot race. It stands out to me that Weddle has been the only player this year to effectively keep Cadman quiet, it's why I personally view him as the second best KPD in the pool

Rationale; There's links to Collingwood that have popped up a bit since the end of the trade period and it makes sense, I think the Pies have shown they're ok with going for smaller KPP's if they've got the athletic tools to match it on bigger opponents and Weddle fits that well, with the mentioned athleticism and strong one-on-one work it's not out of the question that he can be an effective key post at the next level

Considerations; I think the most likely scenario is that the pies go tall here, or for someone that can play as a tall, with Harry Barnett, Isaac Keeler and Lewis Hayes all linked at various points. Henry Hustwaite and Charlie Clarke have interest, but is it too early for either?

Pick 20 - Sydney - Lachlan Cowan
Devonport | TAS
General Defender
187 cm 81 kg
Snapshot;
Joint winner of the NAB League best and fairest award, Cowan has attacked the season with incredible consistency off the back flank, drawing eyes with his run and carry, as well as his accurate long bombs from kick ins. There's midfield potential there as well, and at 187 cm that potential as a bigger mid may see him go higher

Rationale; Linked a bit to the Swans, and has the capacity to replace Lloyd long term as a high accumulating HBF. Has that mix of speed and endurance that may appeal as a future midfielder as well

Considerations; Sydney are always capable of pulling out something left field, they got moved around pretty easily in the midfield in the GF, so could a physically strong midfielder like Harry Rowston appeal here? Henry Hustwaite as another taller mid might be worth a look, or a more traditional tall defender like Lewis Hayes

Pick 21 - GWS - Charlie Clarke
Small Forward/ Inside Midfielder
182 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
An electric forward half player, Clarke uses his athleticism to make things happen around the ground, and loves a goal celebration. Although there are some still some aspects of his game that are a little raw, his improvement this year and ability to crack in for a contested ball is a promising sign for what's to come

Rationale; Again forward half players seem to be the go for GWS, and Clarke's attitude around moving interstate along with his on field capabilities make him an attractive option for GWS. It'll probably be seen as a bit early for majority of the comp, but given the amount of picks GWS has and how their list building works I don't think traditional range is much of a concern

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
The two best small forwards in the draft both going to the Giants? Interesting. Cadman, Clarke and Kostanty is a massive injection of talent into their forward line. I guess it makes sense considering their other lines are still stacked with A graders.

boy am I hoping there's no pick trades between now and Tuesday that ruins all of this work!

Now before we get into it, I really need to stress that this is based on what I think will happen, draft positions here aren't necessarily a reflection on how I rate the talent order this year, to be perfectly honest there's some guys in this phantom going way too high and way too low in my opinion. Some of it is well informed, some of it is based on other reliable rumours, some of it is pure guess work based on what I perceive a clubs needs as, and at the end of the day none of it matters come the actual draft, because I don't work for a club and like everyone else am just putting names to random numbers/ clubs

View attachment 1552891

GWV Rebels | VIC Country
Tall Forward
195 cm 91 kg
Snapshot;
The leading Key Forward in this years pool, Cadman has earnt some lofty comparisons in terms of his play style, with Jeremy Cameron being the most popular one due to how much of the footy he accumulates and how hard he works to create up the ground as well as inside 50. Cadman really comes across as a safe KPF selection with his only notable weakness for the role being his set shot conversion, but his work rate, ground level work and marking are all top class, giving him a good platform to impact in all aspects of the game, not just inside 50

Rationale; Seems pretty much locked in at this point with GWS in desperate need of some reinforcement for their tall forward stocks, and the draft being their primary method of list building, they'll almost certainly reach for Cadman given that need and the go-home risk of other top prospects in the range. On top of all that, the fact that Cadman is physically ready to impact next year, probably not as a main target mind you, is a real boost to a side that struggles with getting their best KPF in Hogan on the park consistently, and the others suffering from being inconsistent or just not up to standard

Other considerations; The only other option for Pick 1 is to bid on Will Ashcroft, which isn't something GWS traditionally do without a reason other than "make other teams pay", he doesn't fit a list need which I think is the main factor here, but the deal for Pick 15 did seem to favour GWS a little bit so may have some sort of agreement there. Plus Northern Academy sides look out for each other where they can

Balanced Midfielder
181 cm 78 kg
Snapshot;
The most dominate player in the pool, and arguable ever in the NAB League, there's literally nothing else Ashcroft could've done this year to push his case as the best player in the class. He's won nearly every award he's eligible for, impressed at VFL level and remained nothing but level headed throughout. A consistent threat in the midfield, there's little flaws to Ashcroft's game and it's not out of the realms of possibility that he'll have a bigger impact than Nick Daicos next year given his play style and more readymade frame, I could see him lining up in the centre square in Round 1 alongside Dunkley and Neale.

Rationale; Brisbane have made the right pick trading moves to allow them to match a bid on Ashcroft and will likely make some live pick trades the night of to avoid going into a major deficit when matching Fletcher, there's nothing that will see either end up in other colours

Inside Midfielder
182 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
If there was a chance someone would dethrone Ashcroft this year, it was with Wardlaw, and it can be argued that he's still the top prospect given his performances early in the year and the traits he has. Whilst the hamstring hiccups will have caused concern for some, even with that slight risk Wardlaw's positives make it difficult to overlook him with a top pick, especially for a team that recently lost their future contested bull. Wardlaw ticks pretty much every box for a contested midfielder; strong in the contest, athletic, defensively minded and clean with the footy, but also is able to impact on the outside when forced into those positions, however I doubt a club is going to try and put him in that role too often

Rationale; As stated in the snapshot, they've just lost JHF who was billed to be their star contested bull for a decade, so bringing in someone of that quality in the midfield is a hard opportunity to pass up. Even though he is a little small compared to what modern midfielders are becoming, his A+ competiveness more than makes up for it, along with his willingness to throw himself at opposition and ball alike. He'll get early opportunities if he really is over the Hamstring complaints, and despite limited exposure in other roles he's got the skill set to impact anywhere.

General Forward
185 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
Arguably the best and most effective user of the footy in the class, Sheezel is an invaluable asset in the front half for any team he's part of, with his dynamic style allowing him to wear all sorts of different caps within the 'small forward' role. He's strong above head and at ground level, evasive enough to get around opponents to slot a goal but smart enough to know when to do it, he possess everything that anyone is looking for in a forward half player except for top level athleticism, but even that aspect has been overblown a bit.

Rationale; North's interest in Sheezel has been known for quite a while, even prior to trading down it seems like he was always their guy at the top of the order. Players like Toby Greene, Charlie Cameron, Tyson Stengle, etc. that are reliable as smaller targets but also able to impact at ground level have proved to be worth their weight in gold, and whilst Sheezel doesn't share all their traits he makes up for it with his supreme disposal. Although I think he's a 'set and forget' up forward, his skills translate to every role on the ground, so if North feel they need someone in the midfield or backline as well Sheezel could fill in pretty easily, another one that'll have early opportunities

Considerations; The only other player I can realistically see North taking with these picks is Elijah Tsatas, but I don't think they're going to move from the combo of Sheezel and Wardlaw between now and the draft unless they get an extremely compelling trade offer.

185 cm 86 kg
Snapshot;
Even with a mid season break due to injury, Humphrey has pushed up from being 'stiff to miss out on the Vic Country Hub' to an almost guaranteed Top 10 selection. With the rise in prominence of players that can act as top class on ballers and as forward 50 targets when resting it's not hard to see why Humphrey is being so sort after, with a strong contested game and burst speed in the centre, and ridiculously good contested mark up forward, Humphrey is going to be one that'll hurt opposition in either role in the long run. I also think his disposal quality has been severely undersold recently, his goal kicking is obviously an area of improvement but I do believe his disposal in general play is pretty good for a player winning so much of it at the coalface

Rationale; More than anything Essendon need some physicality in their midfield, and Essendon fans continue to scream about getting a bigger body in there, and Humphrey fits the bill. We've also seen how much of a game changer Stringer can be for them when on song, so bringing in someone that can act as an understudy for a few years will be an attractive prospect. No one player is an immediate fix, but selecting Humphrey is a step in the right direction, and like those taken before him he's physically ready for AFL footy, with his endurance the only thing I can see holding him back

Considerations; Like every year there's a lot of players being linked to Essendon, trying to wade through it all isn't easy, but I ended up tossing the coin between Reuben Ginbey, Elijah Tsatas and Mattaes Phillipou here for them as well. Ultimately I just believe that Humphrey is the most likely of that group given Dodo is a massive fan.

East Perth | WA
189 cm 82 kg
Snapshot;
Arguably the biggest bolter of the season, Ginbey burst onto the scene, and draft boards, after his Round 1 debut with the East Perth senior side, looking more than capable at the level with bigger bodies and more developed footy skills, matching it with some of the best forwards the WAFL has to offer. What's really piqued clubs interest with Ginbey is his high level athleticism, contested game and potential as a midifelder, with clubs looking for players with speed and endurance to match the increasing demands of AFL running, Ginbey fits the bill well with his skillset.

Rationale; What do Gold Coast even really need apart from Key Defenders and some luck with injury? Not much imo, so taking a punt on a guy who at best could be an A grade contested midfielder, or at worst could fill in as a third tall defender capable of locking down tall or small opponents isn't a bad way to go about it. I still have questions as to whether he'll end up a full time midfielder, but the more I think about it the more the pick makes sense, with the top end of Ginbey's ceiling essentially a perfect picture of what a modern day contested midfielder should be.

Considerations; There's really not much else that will happen here, if Ginbey's gone to Essendon then perhaps Bailey Humphrey is the one to try and fill a similar long term role? There has been interest in Jhye Clark as well so that looms as a possible surprise

186 cm 79 kg
Snapshot;
A pick 1 contender at the start of the year, Tsatas has gradually become one of the most polarising prospects in the top rung of the class. His best traits are ridiculously eye catching, with his athleticism and ability to translate it into every situation the main thing catching the eye, like Ginbey that speed is something clubs are always looking to add to their midfield mix. A strong accumulator and flexible within his role in the midfield, he gives whichever club takes him options, with no decision really effecting his output.

Rationale; I mean, Hawthorn need midfielders and it's hard to see them passing up one that brings something so different to their current mix. I know the Hawks faithful are split on Mackenzie/ Phillipou/ Clark/ Tsatas/ Humphrey, and it's hard to see this pick not being one of them, but ultimately I just sense that if Tsatas does fall here come draft night they won't pass him up even with the question marks. It's a really hard talent v fit debate here, Tsatas is, in my opinion pretty clearly the top talent left here, but Hawthorn's drafting last year indicates to me he's not really the type they're looking for, with more emphasis on footskills and workrate

Considerations; Jhye Clark and Cam Mackenzie are the main ones here, both fit Hawks drafting profile under Mitchell more and for that reason this is the pick I most expect to get wrong from the Top 7

East Perth | WA
Tall Defender
196 cm 82 kg
Snapshot;
Just clearly the best tall defender in the pool, if it weren't for a Shoulder Injury ending his season early I reckon Busslinger would've been a lock to the Suns. Outside of lacking a bit of speed and not being overly convincing one-on-one at WAFL league level, there's very little about Busslinger's game that causes concern. A good mark, reader of the play, user and intercept player, Busslinger has a lot of traits clubs are looking for when it comes to tall timber down back, and will more than likely make as a very good second tall in the long run.

Rationale; Is it the 'Selwood connection' that I'm overblowing? Possibly! But looking at Geelong's list after trade period it's hard to poke holes in their young talent around the ground. With a strong young forward and midfielder crop already, that got added to over the trade period, a few promising young tall options for the front half and ruck, it's hard to see a bigger need than a young KPD to partner with SDK in the long run. Even outside of a long term view, they're light on for current KPD's, so whilst Busslinger is likely to develop in the VFL for a year or so, he's ready enough to come in if injury hits as well.

Considerations; It would've been the easiest thing to do with locking in Jhye Clark as the local and most heavily linked in the media, but I just don't understand a midfielder selection with Bruhn and Bowes coming in, and Parfitt, Holmes, Knevitt, etc. waiting in the wings. As a best available selection I get it, but I don't think the gap between these two is big enough to warrant that.

Inside Midfielder
181 cm 76 kg
Snapshot;
Well renowned for his competitive nature and leadership, Clark has long been in and around the top 10 but perhaps doesn't offer the same excitement levels as others in the same area. It is what it is, not every draft pick has to have the capacity to be the next Bont, sometimes a safe selection that's likely to contribute to a high level for 200 odd games is the way to go about it. Clark is a clean and consistent contested mid with a surprisingly good aerial game and footy smarts, and is going to be a player that will turn up each week and give it his all. I think his lack of athleticism has been overblown a bit, whilst he doesn't have the burst power of some others, his top running speed is more than good enough.

Rationale; A non-WA based player to the Eagles? What! West Coast are at the start of their rebuild, and desperately need to address their midfield ASAP. We know they're interested enough in Clark to have interviewed him multiple times, doesn't necessarily mean everything but I think his attitude and approach to each week will appeal to a club that's going to need some drive and leadership with the likes of JJK retiring and Shuey/ Hurn towards their end. As I said in the snapshot, it may be an unexciting pick but I think it's the perfect spot to start for the journey.

Considerations; As much as I disagree with it, Ed Allan could be the pick here given the links, and as I said with Ginbey, the speed and endurance mix is going to be saught after heavily this year, and with Carlton looming and others within the next 5-10 interested and possibly trading up, they might just take him for themselves to avoid the risk. Cam Mackenzie also fits as a hard working midfielder with links there and Mattaes Phillipou seems to be a sneaky chance. And of course, Jedd Busslinger!

Balanced Midfielder
188 cm 83 kg
Snapshot;
Coming into the year as a back flanker, it was a pleasant surprise to see Mackenzie playing as forward/ midfielder in Round 1 and standing out. From there, he's only gone upwards as a well balanced midfielder. There's really not a lot Mackenzie does wrong, he's got a good defensive work ethic, solid athleticism, a well balanced approach to the midfield, strong stoppage craft, strong team ethic and some impressive disposal. So much he does well without being elite means that one of the only concerns with him is whether he's a "good at everything, great at not much" type of player, which I don't agree with but is worth bringing up. If it weren't for a particular Brisbane F/S prospect sharing his side at Sandringham this year, I reckon Mackenzie would've been averaging low 30's and a goal a game such is his quality.

Rationale; You spend enough time developing a kid through the NGA and you're bound to take him if he's available right? Even without the connection, it makes sense for St Kilda to bring in something different to their current on ball brigade in a strong user of the footy, and with his frame there's scope to develop into a big bodied ball winner that everyone loves so much

Considerations; It's a hard one with St Kilda, and it seems they may be left picking the leftovers of the top 9. Mattaes Phillipou has been linked a bit, as has Jedd Busslinger should he reach here. Matthew Jefferson is the smoky here, some quieter links but makes sense as another young KPF to partner with King long term.

183 cm 71 kg
Snapshot;
The hardest runner in the class, Hollands is a flexible midfield option that is consistent in his output, Hollands proved this year that he's a capable inside ball winner as well as receiver, and then of course as a winger. With his high work rate and gut running, Hollands is a damaging link up option from defensive50 and generally hurts opposition in transition

Rationale; The links have been consistent for a while and Carlton's need for someone that runs hard in both phases of the game. They brought in Acres which relieves a bit of pressure on Hollands in terms of needing to impact right away as he builds some size and strength to prepare for the next level

Considerations; There's a couple of links here, Ed Allan is the other one that pops up a bit which makes sense as he can fill a similar role with arguably higher upside. Matthew Jefferson could be considered here given they're somewhat light on for key forwards, but I reckon it's between Allan and Hollands, as well as any other slider.

190 cm 89 kg
Snapshot;
A long with Tsatas, Phillipou is one that's divided opinion given some of his interview answers in articles, I like a kid with confidence though so don't really see an issue with those. As a player, he's got the highest upside of anyone in the crop given his age and athleticism. Regardless of whether he lives up to the Bont potential, I think the worst case is that he ends up a damaging third tall forward with how strong his overhead marking is.

Rationale; Dogs are hard to get a grip on, they need a few things that Phillipou doesn't address, and I reckon most of the links are coming from the fact his Dad played for the Dogs, but it's undeniable that his upside alone is tantalising at this point in the draft. They managed to turn Bont into what he is, no reason to think they can't do it with Phillipou.

Considerations; As I said hard to get a grip on, from a needs perspective I reckon Lewis Hayes and Josh Weddle fit for KPD reinforcement, and Olli Hotton or Jacob Konstanty could fit the small forward needs. There's word that they've got interest in Charlie Clarke, is it too early for him here?

Sherwood | QLD
Wing/ Outside Midfielder
183 cm 76 kg
Snapshot;
The leading Northern State prospect in the pool, Fletcher is in a unique position where he's eligible as both a Father/Son and Nothern Academy selection for Brisbane. He's a classy and clean ball user who's shone his ability to impact as a winger and a centre square player, but has traits that'll allow him to play on a flank at either end as well.

Rationale; As said with Ashcroft, they're not passing on first round talent with the position they're in. They cop a heavy deficit due to the fact I'm not predicting live trades, but come actual draft night I doubt they don't have a trade lined up to avoid one this big.
Brisbane use Pick 52 + 17 point surplus from Ashcroft to match, taking on a 707 point deficit for their first pick in 2023

Claremont | WA
194 cm 83 kg
Snapshot;
One that has 'bolted' in the eyes of the public in the back end of the year, Allan has piqued interest as a key position sized midfielder that's shown some strong form on the wing. There's a lot of hype around his potential to turn into a contested ball winner and start unlocking his athleticism a bit more on field

Rationale; It was tempting to pull the trigger at Pick 9, and it won't surprise me if it happens in the real thing, but I feel some more proven talent will be favoured when it gets started. There's a lot to like about Allan, but it's hard to deny that it's a speculative pick this early on, but the Eagles have enough picks to take a risk.

Considerations; WA talent is inevitably getting linked, so Elijah Hewett and Darcy Jones could be pounced on, but it seems a bit early for Jones at the very least. Olli Hotton may be a sneaky chance given he can fill in through the midfield and forward, but I think it's most likely they'll pick whoever remains of the top 12 if Allan is gone/ selected by them at 9

Tall Forward
195 cm 84 kg
Snapshot;
A low possession but high impact key forward, Jefferson rarely goes a game without impacting the scoreboard. Although he plays closer to goal most of the time he's shown a good capacity as a tall that can push up the ground and help more with link up play. His marking is his biggest strength, even without being super strong as it stands he's a good one-on-one mark and displays solid body work

Rationale; They need a young KPF to pair with JVR in the long run, and the styles of the two would compliment each other well. I think with Melbourne's game style a player like Jefferson that can take some ridiculous marks and smart leads will thrive with their ball movement forward and damage in transition where he could get one-on-one inside 50

Considerations; There's interest in Ed Allan and this is probably the first pick of the draft I think the club will actively be trying to trade up with. The next couple of picks in Olli Hotton and Jacob Konstanty might be of interest, as might Lachlan Cowan with Jayden Hunt leaving and other options getting older. Elijah Hewett plays like a Melbourne player as well

Sandringham Dragons
182 cm 80 kg

Small Forward
177 cm 73 kg

181 cm 77 kg

General Defender
192 cm 91 kg

Devonport | TAS
General Defender
187 cm 81 kg

182 cm 80 kg
Thanks Bangers for all your hard work here. Love the picks and your analysis and reasoning behind them. Will you be going past pick 21? Was really hoping to see who you would have selected for North’s pick 23.

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Excellent work Mr. Bangers, a wonderful read.

May i enquire as to where the fudge Allan has come from? Surely a more established midfielder like Hewett would be more enticing for WCE?

Am I missing something?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thanks Bangers for all your hard work here. Love the picks and your analysis and reasoning behind them. Will you be going past pick 21? Was really hoping to see who you would have selected for North’s pick 23.
Yeah I do round by round to break it up a bit, so once I finish the write ups for Round 1 I'll put up round 2
Excellent work Mr. Bangers, a wonderful read.

May i enquire as to where the fudge Allan has come from? Surely a more established midfielder like Hewett would be more enticing for WCE?

Am I missing something?
If I was West Coast that's the direction I'd be going personally, but everything points to Allan for the Eagles somewhere and Hewett sliding a bit overall.

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
East Perth | WA
Tall Defender
196 cm 82 kg
Snapshot;

Yes he is a list fit... I have massive concerns based on what I have seen in the WAFL. Non competitive and couldn't touch it. Add the fact he is slowish which means he struggles to get to good positions early. I think he has a massive amount of work in front of him

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Yes he is a list fit... I have massive concerns based on what I have seen in the WAFL. Non competitive and couldn't touch it. Add the fact he is slowish which means he struggles to get to good positions early. I think he has a massive amount of work in front of him
Majority of 17/18 year old KPP's are going to struggle to be consistently involved at WAFL level, so that has to be taken into consideration, especially for a guy that wasn't as physically well built as previous prospects like McDonald, DGB and Thilthorpe. Busslinger's shoulder was also an issue at the time of playing seniors, so I reckon there was a little bit of hesitance on his part due to that

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
You don't think Carlton are/would be considering Hotton? Or Phillipou if he does last to our pick?
Phillipou yes I could see, Hotton is harder to judge, I feel like he'll fit more into the 15-20 range on the night with others being more proven/ having clearer paths to an AFL position. He fits what I reckon Carlton need as a small forward, but I imagine if Carlton are going to take one, they'd be looking at a more traditional one later on like a Jed Hagan, Blake Drury, Noah Long, etc.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Phillipou yes I could see, Hotton is harder to judge, I feel like he'll fit more into the 15-20 range on the night with others being more proven/ having clearer paths to an AFL position. He fits what I reckon Carlton need as a small forward, but I imagine if Carlton are going to take one, they'd be looking at a more traditional one later on like a Jed Hagan, Blake Drury, Noah Long, etc.
I think we more need a mid/forward or high half forward with speed (and skill).
Assuming Phillipou doesn't last till #11, I'd be much happier taking a player of Hotton's description slightly high, than a Jefferson or Allen.

But that might be me thinking too needs based, rather than talent.

pushintheback

All Australian
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 1552891

GWV Rebels | VIC Country
Tall Forward
195 cm 91 kg
Snapshot;

Balanced Midfielder
181 cm 78 kg
Snapshot;

Inside Midfielder
182 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;

General Forward
185 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;

185 cm 86 kg
Snapshot;

East Perth | WA
189 cm 82 kg
Snapshot;

186 cm 79 kg
Snapshot;

East Perth | WA
Tall Defender
196 cm 82 kg
Snapshot;

Inside Midfielder
181 cm 76 kg
Snapshot;

Balanced Midfielder
188 cm 83 kg
Snapshot;

183 cm 71 kg
Snapshot;

190 cm 89 kg
Snapshot;

Sherwood | QLD
Wing/ Outside Midfielder
183 cm 76 kg
Snapshot;

Claremont | WA
194 cm 83 kg
Snapshot;

Tall Forward
195 cm 84 kg
Snapshot;

Sandringham Dragons
182 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
Flagged early in the pre season as someone with draftable traits, Hotton progressively rose up rankings early in the season, but put himself into first round contention with his game for Metro v South Australia. Incredibly gifted athletically and clean below his knees, Hotton brings a lot of what people are looking for in smaller players, there's some development left in his forward craft, but how dynamic he is will make him a dangerous player

Rationale; Sydney are always the hardest club to get a read of, but I think Hotton fits as a dual position player that's improved with each outing, is clean with his ball use and ground balls, and whilst small in stature has athleticism that allows him to play taller than his height.

Considerations; Always difficult with the Swans, Lachlan Cowan and Josh Weddle could come in and add to their backline quite quickly I imagine, with a slight edging towards Weddle given his potential to play as a Rampe sort of third tall. I also imagine they'll be looking to trade up if the opportunity presents itself, but don't think many with higher picks are looking to move down

Small Forward
177 cm 73 kg
Snapshot;
The most defensively solid small forward in the crop, with pressure forwards proving their value recently Konstanty looks like on that'll draw a bit of attention for this at the draft. He's got athleticism, he's crafty in difficult situations, but most importantly he runs hard in defence and offense.

Rationale; If rumours are to be believed GWS have been into Konstanty for a long time, and as they look to address the front half of the ground Konstanty fits modern football well as a small forward and would add some much needed pressure in the forward line.

Considerations; Charlie Clarke is really the only other player being linked with any sort of strength here which makes sense given he addresses similar needs and there's other clubs in this range interested, but Konstanty is more likely to ranked higher imo

181 cm 77 kg
Snapshot;
A classy ball user who's proven his value in the midfield and forward line, Davey is a team orientated player that prides himself on setting teammates up with his shrewd ball use

Rationale; Much like Brisbane with Fletcher, if a bids coming up here Essendon will trade for more points, or look to get ahead of the bid, so he'll end up at the Dons but it may not wipe them out of an open selection like this.

General Defender
192 cm 91 kg
Snapshot;
Despite being a little under traditional KPP height, Weddle has successful competed against some of the best talls and smalls in the crop alike, with his outstanding athleticism allowing him to match anyone in the air or in a foot race. It stands out to me that Weddle has been the only player this year to effectively keep Cadman quiet, it's why I personally view him as the second best KPD in the pool

Rationale; There's links to Collingwood that have popped up a bit since the end of the trade period and it makes sense, I think the Pies have shown they're ok with going for smaller KPP's if they've got the athletic tools to match it on bigger opponents and Weddle fits that well, with the mentioned athleticism and strong one-on-one work it's not out of the question that he can be an effective key post at the next level

Considerations; I think the most likely scenario is that the pies go tall here, or for someone that can play as a tall, with Harry Barnett, Isaac Keeler and Lewis Hayes all linked at various points. Henry Hustwaite and Charlie Clarke have interest, but is it too early for either?

Devonport | TAS
General Defender
187 cm 81 kg
Snapshot;
Joint winner of the NAB League best and fairest award, Cowan has attacked the season with incredible consistency off the back flank, drawing eyes with his run and carry, as well as his accurate long bombs from kick ins. There's midfield potential there as well, and at 187 cm that potential as a bigger mid may see him go higher

Rationale; Linked a bit to the Swans, and has the capacity to replace Lloyd long term as a high accumulating HBF. Has that mix of speed and endurance that may appeal as a future midfielder as well

Considerations; Sydney are always capable of pulling out something left field, they got moved around pretty easily in the midfield in the GF, so could a physically strong midfielder like Harry Rowston appeal here? Henry Hustwaite as another taller mid might be worth a look, or a more traditional tall defender like Lewis Hayes

182 cm 80 kg
Snapshot;
An electric forward half player, Clarke uses his athleticism to make things happen around the ground, and loves a goal celebration. Although there are some still some aspects of his game that are a little raw, his improvement this year and ability to crack in for a contested ball is a promising sign for what's to come

Rationale; Again forward half players seem to be the go for GWS, and Clarke's attitude around moving interstate along with his on field capabilities make him an attractive option for GWS. It'll probably be seen as a bit early for majority of the comp, but given the amount of picks GWS has and how their list building works I don't think traditional range is much of a concern
Well done Mr@PMBangers. It's bloody hard to do. I would have a few different selections. I think the hardest one to predict is Essendon. Once this pick is out in the open the dominoes will start to fall. This is what I think.
1. Cadman
2. Ashcroft
3. Sheezel
4. Wardlaw
5. Phillipou
6. Humphrey
7. MacKenzie
8. Clark
9. Busslinger
10. Tsatsas
11. Hotton
12. Weddle
13. Fletcher
14. Ginbey
15. Jefferson
16. Hollands
17. Konstanty
18. Davey
19. Keeler
20. Hewitt
21. Hayes

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Well done Mr@PMBangers. It's bloody hard to do. I would have a few different selections. I think the hardest one to predict is Essendon. Once this pick is out in the open the dominoes will start to fall. This is what I think.
1. Cadman
2. Ashcroft
3. Sheezel
4. Wardlaw
5. Phillipou
6. Humphrey
7. MacKenzie
8. Clark
9. Busslinger
10. Tsatsas
11. Hotton
12. Weddle
13. Fletcher
14. Ginbey
15. Jefferson
16. Hollands
17. Konstanty
18. Davey
19. Keeler
20. Hewitt
21. Hayes
Prediction - 2022 Phantom Drafts

🎉 🤗

bluesDeluxe

Debutant
Oct 15, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
PM Bangers, what's your take on

Jakob Anderson
Darcy edmends
Toby McMullin

They look to be good footballers, mid to late draft range perhaps.

Cheers

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I do round by round to break it up a bit, so once I finish the write ups for Round 1 I'll put up round 2

If I was West Coast that's the direction I'd be going personally, but everything points to Allan for the Eagles somewhere and Hewett sliding a bit overall.
Thanks Bangers.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
PM Bangers, what's your take on

Jakob Anderson
Darcy edmends
Toby McMullin

They look to be good footballers, mid to late draft range perhaps.

Cheers
McMullin I have in my top 40, he probably didn't light up the National Champs as much as I was expecting given how impressive he'd been in the APS, NAB League and trial games, but he brings a lot to a small forward role and has pushed up onto the wing later in the season as well. Clean user, good defensively and got some pace which are all ticks for me, but seems more likely the be a later selection at this stage. I could see sides like the Bulldogs, Carlton, St Kilda going for him in the 30's though given the evenness of that range

Anderson and Edmends, and it pains me to say it, I just don't really rate, neither have standout AFL level traits that make me say 'yeah I'd take a punt on that'. Edmends I think is more likely than Anderson if a club really wants a traditional winger type, but he's not quick and he doesn't have outstanding endurance, so there's quite a few better options out there, or even players currently playing other roles that could fill there

Big_Newon

Senior List
Jul 12, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
PMBangers is the top 10 of the draft locked in? In no particular order: Cadman, Aschcroft, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Phillipou, Tsatas, Ginbey, Humphrey, Clark, Mackenzie

Back