The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

That's true, although I think most Tassie coppers were wearing sidearms before PA, but it does reinforce my point of why 'deescalation' in the real world of policing (which still should be a first effort) is rarely an effective enforcement tool, specifically these days.

C'mon Martin, put the gun down mate, let's have a coffee and a quiet chat - would that have worked and saved 35 lives and injuries to 23 others...?
can't tell if you are being s**t faced and marking your plot and yet you are riding the sensitivity...

I have been a reluctant consular witness to a few of these tragic door knock announcements overseas many years ago - not easy to forget the reactions of some people who were either screaming in denial or just standing there like zombies.

The reality today, according to copper mate, is sadly such tragic news sometimes arrives via social media platforms ahead of visits from authorities, which he says usually results in pure anger and unnecessary additional trauma for those grieving a loss...
you are a drama queen... NTTAWWT... they are grinding me to the pulp...

C'mon Martin, put the gun down mate, let's have a coffee and a quiet chat - would that have worked and saved 35 lives and injuries to 23 others...?

Think they tried to talk him out of the cottage and he burnt it down... with him inside.

you are a drama queen... NTTAWWT... they are grinding me to the pulp...

I think you've misinterpreted some my posts on this topic.

Most cops that I've had to deal with are usually complete dicks. However, I've been advised that their attitudes and approach to the job (according to my senior copper mate) is often related and reflective of the recent changes in training regimes which often doesn't prepare them for real world policing.

Accordingly, when they sometimes simply don't read or understand a situation and/or are unsure how to proceed their usual defense is to be authoritative, inconsiderate or just be complete a-holes...

Most cops that I've had to deal with are usually complete dicks. However, I've been advised that their attitudes and approach to the job (according to my senior copper mate) is often related and reflective of the recent changes in training regimes which often don't prepare them for real world policing.

Accordingly, when they sometimes simply don't read or understand a situation and/or are unsure how to proceed their usual defense is to be authoritative, inconsiderate or just be complete a-holes...
nom de plume... we are all subject to rat mister.... um never always blame the police... rocking it dude..

Most cops that I've had to deal with are usually complete dicks. However, I've been advised that their attitudes and approach to the job (according to my senior copper mate) is often related and reflective of the recent changes in training regimes which often doesn't prepare them for real world policing.

heaven help me if I get the police off.. side...

How long til someone deals with this piece of garbage?

Disgrace that this animal is able to operate in this fashion with seeming impunity from any consequences whatsoever.

How long til someone deals with this piece of garbage?

Disgrace that this animal is able to operate in this fashion with seeming impunity from any consequences whatsoever.

Senior Constable Andrew Murphy obviously has issues, which is why he was placed on restricted duties in May this year.

Restricted duties, I'm told, normally confines the officer to a desk job and depending on the reasons (for the restriction) also includes mandatory regular counselling sessions.
I'm also told if the restriction is not lifted within a year, in most cases, the officer usually resigns from the force...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior Constable Andrew Murphy obviously has issues, which is why he was placed on restricted duties in May this year.

Restricted duties, I'm told, normally confines the officer to a desk job and depending on the reasons (for the restriction) also includes mandatory regular counselling sessions.
I'm also told if the restriction is not lifted within a year, in most cases, the officer usually resigns from the force...
shuttering the picture isn't the time of refraction but they will land me in hot water,,,,

What I want to know was how was this prick able to carry on the way he did for as long as he did? He became a virtual online celebrity in Sydney. What was the straw that finally broke his back? He should of been gone a long time ago!

And the truth is there are hundreds more like him across Australia, running around, harassing people, abusing there position and powers, and getting hard over it.

What I want to know was how was this prick able to carry on the way he did for as long as he did? He became a virtual online celebrity in Sydney. What was the straw that finally broke his back? He should of been gone a long time ago!

And the truth is there are hundreds more like him across Australia, running around, harassing people, abusing there position and powers, and getting hard over it.
no one is getting hard over it... but we are area lock down...

but I am not discounting your person about this... rock the party and he will probably rack up the counts...

What we need is more cops out on the street, booking people for speeding and littering. Perhaps the councils could hire them back on a casual basis to issue parking tickets?

What I dislike most about the Police Force as a whole (or hole) is its use as an economic and political football. Fines should be put back into developing strategies, practices, systems and infrastructure to minimise the instances of or repair the effects of the infringement.

Instead it goes into new and improved ways to book people for speeding.

Statistics on crime should be processed by wholly independant bodies. You can't stop the results from being massaged but at least you can have an independant collection and analysation process. Instead you have politically minded leaders within the forces fiddling the figures aiming to grab more resources and devoting time to protecting their own reputations over the well-being of their officers and the community.

Here's an idea.

Instead of complaining about speeding tickets and speed cameras being revenue raiser, how about just stop ******* speeding?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back