POLL ADDED: New 2014 Clash Jumper

Do you like it?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Batsanis looks like he's getting a wedgie. Maybe white shorts can fix that look but goddamn it is embarassing

Looks like the yellow one is sashless at the back

vfljumpersheromain.jpg

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. Just wish they would go with black shorts :(

t18 - AFL clash jumper is VFL home jumper. IMO they are OK - look much better in the 'flesh' than a photo shopped graphic. Nothing to worry about peeps!

Much better than the monstrosity in your avatar

I'll be a bore and repeat what Ive said elsewhere.... if they represent Richmond Football Club, they should wear the Richmond Football Club jumper. One club should not have two jumpers. Its bullshit to have a different jumper for our reserves.. are they RFC no not?

When our VFL side runs out to play, I would love to cheer for the team wearing my club jumper, not some other thing that just has the same colours but is a different jumper.

and the yellow clash, nice to some theory, looks awful in reality.

Don't think it's a big deal. We only wear our clash a couple times during the season.

people thinking its not important well they are wrong .. clash/away jumpers are great revenue raisers ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be a bore and repeat what Ive said elsewhere.... if they represent Richmond Football Club, they should wear the Richmond Football Club jumper. One club should not have two jumpers. Its bullshit to have a different jumper for our reserves.. are they RFC no not?

When our VFL side runs out to play, I would love to cheer for the team wearing my club jumper, not some other thing that just has the same colours but is a different jumper.

and the yellow clash, nice to some theory, looks awful in reality.

I like the idea of having a different ressies and seniors jumper, it means the players on the list would have to earn the right to "play in the jumper". I wish my club did the same. If I was running an AFL club I'd let fans design the ressies jumper, with the members to vote on the best design and change it every year. It gets the fans more involved, makes more money for the club and as I said makes players earn the right to play in the jumper.

Also your mob should have a mostly yellow clash so it would actually solve the clashes. Your mob wore yellow and black hoops in the VFA days, it (or the inverse) would be a perfect clash jumper for your mob.

The VFL home jumper is recognisably Richmond. It has the two key features of our jumpers for nearly 100 years: the Yellow & Black colours and the sash. If people get upset over this, think about how bad to could have been ie NAB Cup jumper. And I agree it is good to have slight differences in the jumpers from AFL to VFL - our senior listers in the VFL need to earn the right to wear the proper Richmond AFL jumper.

The VFL home jumper is recognisably Richmond. It has the two key features of our jumpers for nearly 100 years: the Yellow & Black colours and the sash. If people get upset over this, think about how bad to could have been ie NAB Cup jumper. And I agree it is good to have slight differences in the jumpers from AFL to VFL - our senior listers in the VFL need to earn the right to wear the proper Richmond AFL jumper.

What if they earn the right and debut in a game where we are wearing the clash in the AFL then get dropped :oops:

What if they earn the right and debut in a game where we are wearing the clash in the AFL then get dropped :oops:

Hence why I suggested on the other page that yellow and black hoops should become your clash jumper, it's your team's pre-VFL jumper and a part of your club's heritage so that jumper is something to aspire to "earn" the right to wear, and it would actually solve a majority of Richmond's clashes.

0olv.png

(For those that missed it).

The only clashes it wouldn't solve is West Coast's tripanel (which will be fixed in 2015), Adelaide and GWS. For the third jumper I designed you guys could put all the single premiership players on the yellow bit and the dual premiership players on the black bit (dual premiership players would stand out more). Getting your name permanently on the jumper by winning a flag is another thing the players can aspire to.

k7et.png

(For those who missed it).

With the advent of clash jumpers comes the opportunity to create new traditions. I like what Essendon have done by having all their premiership players on their clash jumper.

Back