News Port Adelaide Hacked by Ransomware Group

Remove this Banner Ad

A fellow big footy poster alerted me to this yesterday arvo, I made some inquiries but I couldn't find anything to confirm it.

This was the link he showed me

F-1mbw8akAErVyc

A couple of articles on Cuba ransonware

13 Sept 2023

5 Jan 2023 US government cybersecurity agency.

Oh look something else Jordan Hinkley is woefully ill equipped to deal with or prevent.
The guy is IT Support, he's literally going to be walking around turning things off and on again and logging tickets. All their actual support, supply, and backend stuff would probably be outsourced, I assume via Comwire iT.

The guy is IT Support, he's literally going to be walking around turning things off and on again and logging tickets. All their actual support, supply, and backend stuff would probably be outsourced, I assume via Comwire iT.
Hello ComWire, the internet is on the fritz again and kenny needs his dapto stream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can't even admit they've been hacked

Heard today all staff and players details, TFN's, Commercial Agreements etc. etc. have been compromised
Standard response (and common sense) is to work out if it actually happened first, then work out what got taken, THEN tell people about it.

It'll be a blackmail attempt, so I'm sure the group will claim they got everything sensitive, but that's why you bring in experts to work out what was exfiltrated before you start announcing too much beyond the claim it happened.

Works the same as if say a player gets arrested........ acknowledge it, get the facts, release it.

Imagine being a hacker and choosing Port to try and extort money from.
It's generally not like the movies where nerds try and hack Port's Gibson, there's plenty of ways accounts can get popped or systems can get compromised. They'll try and extort Edna's Crochet Creations if they can get some sensitive data out of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back