News Port Adelaide Hacked by Ransomware Group

Remove this Banner Ad

finally revealed her true missionView attachment 1853915

l17FsnKF3ZhowubFiT9R49Fz7wo=.gif

This is about the funniest news about the club I could imagine.

Between the idea of it being Holly Ransom-ware, to Jordan Hinkley being the IT guy, to our defence being in tatters to jokes about Optus.. so much comedy gold to be mined

I can just imagine the hackers going in and seeing the state of our finances, the debt still owing and how much we've paid to hinkley, and transferring us a few Bitcoins out of sympathy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Claims made online...... A third party has obtained some data".

That's not how ransomware works. If the club has been a victim of ransomware they will not be able to access their data as it has been encrypted and a ransom demand will have been received.
Not necessarily, Exfiltration (or leakware) is a type of ransomware, instead of locking you out they just threaten to leak sensitive info if you don't pay up.

Depending on the target it can be more damaging, data can (sometimes) be recovered, sensitive data can't be removed from the public eye.

Last edited:
Dear Ken Hinkley,

We have some bad news we are sorry to inform you.

Over the last few months I have installed software on your PC to take full control. Unfortunately it was very easy, you shouldn't have clicked on those links.

You have been visiting some very naughty websites about racing dogs. I have full control of your camera so can see what you are doing having very fun pleasure in front of the camera!

Do not try to delete this email or think to ask for help, or I will release these videos to your chairman David Koch.

To get your computer back you will need to transfer me 0.28 Bitcoin. Then you have my word I will remove the videos. You see this can be a very good arrangement for us both, I have been more than fair.

A lot of lighthearted banter about what could be a serious situation. If these arseholes have hacked the PAFC Membership database there is every chance they may pass personal details on for a price and at best we will suddenly find our inboxes full of philshing, ponzi spam etc. Some where in the dim past my e mail address found it's way to the dark web and I keep getting spam to tell me that my Norton account has expired and that I no longer have an anti virus. I do not use Norton of course and my renewal is auto.

I run two e-mail addresses these days and can easily delete the account that the PAFC have on file thus avoiding the spam.

I guess we wait and see what transpires.

A lot of lighthearted banter about what could be a serious situation. If these arseholes have hacked the PAFC Membership database there is every chance they may pass personal details on for a price and at best we will suddenly find our inboxes full of philshing, ponzi spam etc. Some where in the dim past my e mail address found it's way to the dark web and I keep getting spam to tell me that my Norton account has expired and that I no longer have an anti virus. I do not use Norton of course and my renewal is auto.

I run two e-mail addresses these days and can easily delete the account that the PAFC have on file thus avoiding the spam.

I guess we wait and see what transpires.
It's pretty clearly stated by our glorious leader that Membership details are stored by a third party offsite (aka Ticketmaster)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back