News Port Adelaide Hacked by Ransomware Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Try this...

I tried the exercise and I would have been scammed. Apparently 80% of on line banking is done via mobile phone these days and Russian scammers are targeting Android users. It is a good reason not to have a mobile banking app on your phone.

Last edited:
Try this...

I tried the exercise and I would have been scammed. Apparently 80% of on line banking is done via mobile phone these days and Russian scammers are targeting Android users. It is a good reason not to have a mobile banking app on your phone.
6/6 - found it fairly easy but noticed that the descriptions missed a lot.

For example HSBC the easier way to tell that it's a scam isn't the mis-spell but the fact that the remember me is a circular toggle which is pretty rare and usually holds the selection rather than being able to toggle on and off, which you could obviously test.

if you're going to give up the revolutionary convenience that is mobile banking over the threat of hackers on the other side of the world you may as well go off the grid

6/6 - found it fairly easy but noticed that the descriptions missed a lot.

For example HSBC the easier way to tell that it's a scam isn't the mis-spell but the fact that the remember me is a circular toggle which is pretty rare and usually holds the selection rather than being able to toggle on and off, which you could obviously test.

Congratulations but if you are in a hurry, out and about and looking at your bank's log in on a 4" screen are you going to notice a typo? We need to remember that in that exercise we were forewarned and knew that one of the log in screens was a fake. If we had not been forewarned and were in a hurry how many of us would have picked the fakes up?

Congratulations but if you are in a hurry, out and about and looking at your bank's log in on a 4" screen are you going to notice a typo? We need to remember that in that exercise we were forewarned and knew that one of the log in screens was a fake. If we had not been forewarned and were in a hurry how many of us would have picked the fakes up?
I'm a Boomer, and cant live without mobile banking! However, you just dont do it by logging in on random app, or a random bank website that you get thru a Google search. You carefully set up the apps or save the website links, and only EVER access your bank through those. They generally all feature some form of 2-factor identification, and if used properly, are quite safe.

I'm a Boomer, and cant live without mobile banking! However, you just dont do it by logging in on random app, or a random bank website that you get thru a Google search. You carefully set up the apps or save the website links, and only EVER access your bank through those. They generally all feature some form of 2-factor identification, and if used properly, are quite safe.

Nah I just wait for an email from the bank telling me some important news and then follow the link in the email. It doesn't always look right but I assume they remodel the website all the time and get Jordan Hinkley to set it up so there's a bunch of spelling mistakes 🤷

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Docklands Stadium use the Ticketmaster system and the AFL lives there, they probably have sub contracted AFL Membership Services to them.
Yep this is right. There are about 30-odd people who run membership services and they have several suppliers including Ticketmaster. Emailing systems are all linked into that. Done some work with that group.

New update from the club via email, but no real new info other than some data has been released by the group and they've got people analyzing it, and internal IT security has been beefed up. Still no evidence member data was breached, if they find evidence personal data was compromised they'll contact affected people directly, keep an eye out for phishing attempts (even if they don't have your data from this breach there's plenty of ways they can link someone to Port and have a crack)

Kochies probably wondering if the group dabble in electronic vote rigging.

Got an update from the club
We want to update you on our investigation into the claims that we were targeted in a cyber incident last month.
Since the club was first made aware, we have engaged external experts to conduct a thorough investigation, which is now complete.

This has found that no personal information which presents a serious risk of data misuse has been involved, and the Office of the Information Commissioner (OAIC), which acts as the national data protection authority for Australia, has closed its file on the incident and recognised that our response was proactive and comprehensive.

As a result, we can confirm that there is no need for you to take any action, over and above typical measures to protect your identity.
The investigation did find some historical and limited promotional and administrative information, including videos and images, were taken from a server, and were published online. As a result, we have taken extensive steps to strengthen our internal IT environment and add further protections.

It is important to reiterate that membership data is hosted on a separate system external to our internal IT network. At no point was this system impacted.

Throughout this incident the club has prioritised the need to be transparent with staff, members, and fans as we responded.

I wanted to thank you as a valued member for your patience and support throughout the investigation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back