2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All, does anyone know how you buy online ticket for todays game? I'm not a member, just moved to Adel a few weeks ago. Buggered if I can find any info / links on Port or SANFL website. I know you can pay at gate but aren't you supposed to be able to buy online at slight discount?
Obviously too late but I think you'd have had to ring the club during the week.
I was curious so looked at the SANFL site and it does say "... by pre-purchasing a Game Day Ticket online - Adults $18, Concession $11 and Under 18s free! You can purchase online through the home club’s website, then just print this ticket or download it to your smartphone. And if you can’t manage to buy online, tickets are still available at the gate – Adults $20, Concession $12 and Under 18s are still free". This does not seem to apply to us. I can't see anything about buying a one-off SANFL ticket on Port's website. Tickets for Port's AFL games are sold off of Tiketek but our SANFL games aren't even mentioned there.

Just watched the replay of the last quarter. Very impressed by Jackson. Won so many tough contests and released teammates into space with excellent long handballs. Showed a great burst of speed from stoppage too reading Hayes’ long hit outs from the ruck.

Clurey and Jones had very good last quarters too, and Burgoyne was classy, polished and quick on his wing.

The bits that Sinn did showed toughness as well.

Lot to like.

So what I'm reading is as soon as we took Lycett off and replaced him with Hayes in the ruck we started winning? If any of the decision makers at the club were remotely competent we might actually do something with that information.
You must've thought that Jackson Trengove was the greatest ruckman ever when he embarrassed All Australian Aaron Sandilands in the fourth quarter in 2014.

You must've thought that Jackson Trengove was the greatest ruckman ever when he embarrassed All Australian Aaron Sandilands in the fourth quarter in 2014.
How many threads have you posted this in now?

Why are you trying so hard to discredit the first good quarter we've seen from a Port Adelaide ruckman all year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson Trengove is a significantly better ruck than teakle and lycett.

I'm talking current, retired Jackson Trengove as well.

How many threads have you posted this in now?

Why are you trying so hard to discredit the first good quarter we've seen from a Port Adelaide ruckman all year?
Carn, Hayes was parked in the goal square for the first three quarters cookin a bbq whilst Dante and Lycett did all the grunt work, Hayes came on as the super sub and rucked for a quarter and you're making out he was peak Primus.

Actually think since they have settled him down back last 2 weeks, his looked very solid.

Lachie Jones is a hot and cold sort of player at this stage. Yesterday his last quarter was very good while his first quarter was a nightmare. At times he cannot pick up the ball while on other occasions he has no trouble. Lachie has to eliminate these fits of the fumbles. If he can do that then I think he will make it. I am still not sure that he is a defender as he seems to go better when he moves up the ground.

How is Lachie Jones becoming a worse footballer than when we drafted him? I had high hopes for Lachie but he’s been terrible of late.

Needs to slow down - tries to do everything at 100mph and ends up fumbling and leaving the ball behind etc.

I think he's been praised so much on his attack on the footy that he feels he needs to live up to that and attack it full tilt every time.

He's also been moved around a lot, had numerous soft tissue injuries etc. - so hasn't been an ideal build up at all.

Hopefully he settles in a position and we let him build up some form and continuity before rushing him back to the AFL side.

What point are you trying to make here?
Adding context to the 4th quarter performance that seems to be missed in the group wank over Hayes performance.

We stuck a pretty fresh ruckman against a player who had played 3/4 of the game. And the fresh ruckman dominated.

And showing how even a key back, who was thrown into rucking for the first time was able to dominate against one of the best rucks in the league in the same situation.

Adding context to the 4th quarter performance that seems to be missed in the group wank over Hayes performance.

We stuck a pretty fresh ruckman against a player who had played 3/4 of the game. And the fresh ruckman dominated.

And showing how even a key back, who was thrown into rucking for the first time was able to dominate against one of the best rucks in the league in the same situation.

This is fine, but Hayes didn't get subbed on, he'd been playing as a key forward all game. It's not 1995, key forwards don't just sit in the goalsquare, they run as far as anyone.

Jackson Trengove was a brilliant athletic footballer at the peak of his powers. It wasn't the first or last time he'd dominate a quarter with his athleticism, aggression and game sense.

Cherrypicking a game from 9 years ago is hardly a gotcha here. We already know Hayes can ruck. We already know a ruck can be vital to a game. We already know a ruck change can throw off a good ruckman's momentum.

What this does prove is that Hayes has still got it.

This is fine, but Hayes didn't get subbed on, he'd been playing as a key forward all game. It's not 1995, key forwards don't just sit in the goalsquare, they run as far as anyone.

Jackson Trengove was a brilliant athletic footballer at the peak of his powers. It wasn't the first or last time he'd dominate a quarter with his athleticism, aggression and game sense.
Neither did Jackson Trengove. He'd played as a key defender all game.
Cherrypicking a game from 9 years ago is hardly a gotcha here. We already know Hayes can ruck. We already know a ruck can be vital to a game. We already know a ruck change can throw off a good ruckman's momentum.

What this does prove is that Hayes has still got it.
Yes, lots of very valid statements there, all of which are reasons that it was a ruck change that was the important thing, not necessarily that it was Hayes himself that was the turn around.

Which is not the "Hayes = Good, everyone else = bad" stance that has been posted.

Neither did Jackson Trengove. He'd played as a key defender all game.

Yes, lots of very valid statements there, all of which are reasons that it was a ruck change that was the important thing, not necessarily that it was Hayes himself that was the turn around.

Which is not the "Hayes = Good, everyone else = bad" stance that has been posted.

I think it's more that Hayes needs to still be in the mix. The fact that he seems to be ruled out despite again demonstrating that he can do the job is very frustrating.

Visentini is probably the most likely to make it out of the lot of them given Hayes' cards a marked, and I wouldn't complain if they picked him, but he probably needs more time.

I think we've seen enough from Lycett to know that he'll let us down when it matters and playing him longer is only delaying the development of someone else. I think we'll more than likely see Lycett back, but I don't think anyone can see that as a satisfactory outcome at this point. We're just kicking the rucking can down the road and extending the disaster while also playing a ruckman who is past it.

I think we've seen enough from Teakle to know that we've thrown him to the wolves and that he needs another 2-3 years at SANFL level before he's ready.

With Georgiades and probably Marshall out for a while, we can't just play Dixon and Finlayson.

Hayes is an obvious selection.

Lachie Jones is a hot and cold sort of player at this stage. Yesterday his last quarter was very good while his first quarter was a nightmare. At times he cannot pick up the ball while on other occasions he has no trouble. Lachie has to eliminate these fits of the fumbles. If he can do that then I think he will make it. I am still not sure that he is a defender as he seems to go better when he moves up the ground.
Fair point pieman but you may recall Bruce Light was accused of consistently over running the ball, and/or failing to pick it up when he had time and space back in the late 1960's, and he became a state player by the early 1970's and a premiership wingman in 1977.

Lachie Jones may not reach those heights but yesterday's last qtr suggests that if it eventually does click for him the wait could be well worth it.

I think it's more that Hayes needs to still be in the mix. The fact that he seems to be ruled out despite again demonstrating that he can do the job is very frustrating.

Visentini is probably the most likely to make it out of the lot of them given Hayes' cards a marked, and I wouldn't complain if they picked him, but he probably needs more time.

I think we've seen enough from Lycett to know that he'll let us down when it matters and playing him longer is only delaying the development of someone else. I think we'll more than likely see Lycett back, but I don't think anyone can see that as a satisfactory outcome at this point. We're just kicking the rucking can down the road and extending the disaster while also playing a ruckman who is past it.

I think we've seen enough from Teakle to know that we've thrown him to the wolves and that he needs another 2-3 years at SANFL level before he's ready.

With Georgiades and probably Marshall out for a while, we can't just play Dixon and Finlayson.

Hayes is an obvious selection.
This weeks game against the Dees monolith rucks would be the ideal time to play Lycett and Hayes in tandem, the former for the bash and crash stuff and the latter to change off the bench with him as required.

Dixon is arguably the only other `ruckman' on the Port list who is currently capable of doing the heavy lifting against blokes like them, but if he is fit enough to suit up he should be spending the majority of time in the forward 50, and not risking any further injury at bounce downs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back