News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

lol was just about to ask about him. You know anything about these players heights / positions ?
I’ve tracked a few as the games gone on, trying to do so for the Crows NGA players as well but they have struggled compared to the West Adelaide boys. I’ll have a mini review for each player once the game is finished

and are they eligible nga players? I know they’ve played for port in an nga game but sometimes they do while not eligible..

for instance hunter carter is in our academy and as far as I’m aware not eligible for us to draft (despite his dad playing over 170 games for port. Yet again go * your self AFL)

Last edited:

and are they eligible nga players? I know they’ve played for port in an nga game but sometimes they do while not eligible..

for instance hunter carter is in our academy and as far as I’m aware not eligible for us to draft (despite his dad playing over 170 games for port. Yet again go fu** your self AFL)
Yeah not sure in that regard but I’ll cover them regardless

Anyone who gets the SANFL Digital pass can watch all the under 16 and 18 games this year. Under 16s start tonight and I’m watching West Adelaide vs North Adelaide.

One of your NGA players Fraser Bone just took an absurd pack mark, recommend giving the game a watch if you have nothing better to do on a Friday night like I do haha
Thx

NGA players from West Adelaide, Norwood and South Adelaide

Was brought to my attention earlier that despite playing in the NGA squads it won’t mean they all will be NGA prospects but here is a small rundown on each player that where listed

West Adelaide

Kobe Ryan
Disposals 36
Goals 1.4

Classy tallish wingman who moves well and covers the ground well, took a fanastic mark one handed going back with the flight, oozes talent but kicking can be iffy

Fraser Bone
Disposals 6
Goals 0.1

Bone took a fantastic pack mark early in the game and showed good athleticism, don’t have his hit out numbers but did well in the ruck, went forward at times but didn’t do a whole lot

Charbel Ouiess
Disposals 8
Goals 1.0

The athletic Full Forward kicked the first goal of the game showing good speed and ground level and although flying for marks didnt really take any, tried a bit too much to do the freaky stuff but certainly has some talent

Jameson Whitbourne
Disposals 14
Goals 1.0
Busy wingman who can go in hard and is a good decision maker, lack of pace might be an issue

Norwood

Riley Verrall
Disposals 25
Goals 1.0
Clearances 7

Big bodied and explosive inside mid who looked impressive, not the most silky skilled but certainly a good size already and smart around stoppages

Max Kelly
Disposals 24
Goals 0.1
Clearances 5

Busy and creative midfielder who can push forward, looks composed and gets around the ground well

Taj Rahui
Disposals 21
Goals 2.1
Clearances 5

Had a stronger first half which I missed but from what I did see he moves well in the midfield and was clean around the ball. Medium sized mid

South Adelaide

Jaiden Major
Disposals 33
Clearances 8

Great stoppage craft in the midfield and got around the ground well so not just a pure taller inside type, is tall and has a bit of size about him but it wasn’t his size that was the main attribute at stoppages it was more his timing and clean hands.

Was brought to my attention earlier that despite playing in the NGA squads it won’t mean they all will be NGA prospects but here is a small rundown on each player that where listed

West Adelaide

Kobe Ryan
Disposals 36
Goals 1.4

Classy tallish wingman who moves well and covers the ground well, took a fanastic mark one handed going back with the flight, oozes talent but kicking can be iffy

Fraser Bone
Disposals 6
Goals 0.1

Bone took a fantastic pack mark early in the game and showed good athleticism, don’t have his hit out numbers but did well in the ruck, went forward at times but didn’t do a whole lot

Charbel Ouiess
Disposals 8
Goals 1.0

The athletic Full Forward kicked the first goal of the game showing good speed and ground level and although flying for marks didnt really take any, tried a bit too much to do the freaky stuff but certainly has some talent

Jameson Whitbourne
Disposals 14
Goals 1.0
Busy wingman who can go in hard and is a good decision maker, lack of pace might be an issue

Norwood

Riley Verrall
Disposals 25
Goals 1.0
Clearances 7

Big bodied and explosive inside mid who looked impressive, not the most silky skilled but certainly a good size already and smart around stoppages

Max Kelly
Disposals 24
Goals 0.1
Clearances 5

Busy and creative midfielder who can push forward, looks composed and gets around the ground well

Taj Rahui
Disposals 21
Goals 2.1
Clearances 5

Had a stronger first half which I missed but from what I did see he moves well in the midfield and was clean around the ball. Medium sized mid

South Adelaide

Jaiden Major
Disposals 33
Clearances 8

Great stoppage craft in the midfield and got around the ground well so not just a pure taller inside type, is tall and has a bit of size about him but it wasn’t his size that was the main attribute at stoppages it was more his timing and clean hands.

thanks. Appreciate the input. feel free to continue to stop by anytime, love the updates.

did you catch much of Montgomery? He was number 6 for north Adelaide. I saw him do a nice chip pass on his left but only caught a bit of the game.

do you have any heights (or rough guesses of any of these boys?)

it’s really hard to tell their heights without a reference point.

Rahui looked quite small. He looked quick tho. Verrall looked huge out there. He’s going to fill out.

Archie Richardson (15) 16d 1g and Snelling and will Verrall are all in our NGA as well. I quite liked what I saw of Archie.

magor looked a real footballer.

thanks. Appreciate the input. feel free to continue to stop by anytime, love the updates.

did you catch much of Montgomery? He was number 6 for north Adelaide. I saw him do a nice chip pass on his left but only caught a bit of the game.

do you have any heights (or rough guesses of any of these boys?)

it’s really hard to tell their heights without a reference point.

Rahui looked quite small. He looked quick tho. Verrall looked huge out there. He’s going to fill out.

Archie Richardson (15) 16d 1g and Snelling and will Verrall are all in our NGA as well. I quite liked what I saw of Archie.

magor looked a real footballer.
Yeah I don’t have access to the height and weights and many may have to wait until the 16s champs are on.

Rahui looked small compared to the likes of Verrall but he is certainly medium size for that age especially for a mid.

I didn’t see much of Montgomery but noticed his smart positioning around stoppages as a wingman and was on the move a lot which I liked

Can someone please give me an idea of how this NGA thingy works, do we have the opportunity to call dibs on certain players and if so how many and when do we have to call the dibs (if that's the case).

West Adelaide

Kobe Ryan
Disposals 36
Goals 1.4

Fraser Bone
Disposals 6
Goals 0.1

Charbel Ouiess
Disposals 8
Goals 1.0

Jameson Whitbourne
Disposals 14
Goals 1.0

Norwood

Riley Verrall
Disposals 25
Goals 1.0
Clearances 7

Max Kelly
Disposals 24
Goals 0.1
Clearances 5

Taj Rahui
Disposals 21
Goals 2.1
Clearances 5

South Adelaide

Jaiden Major
Disposals 33
Clearances 8

Thanks mate. Looking forward to finding out we have none of them available to us for some random loophole reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate. Looking forward to finding out we have none of them available to us for some random loophole reason.

Rankine and Milera would have been in our team if we had the same rules the Victorian teams do, and I’m unsure why lukosius the son of a Lithuanian wasn’t available to us. I mean sure his Dad played sanfl but that hasn’t ruled out plenty of similar examples around the league.

no.

I’m pretty sure there’s been next generation guys signed to clubs who are the sons of immigrants.

wasn’t Pudney born here with Japanese heritage?
IIRC if you've been born overseas or both of your parents have, you qualify for NGA.

I think the rules differ between the amount of opportunities usually offered to people of their background.

Borlaise qualifies for the crows because he was born overseas.

Can someone please give me an idea of how this NGA thingy works, do we have the opportunity to call dibs on certain players and if so how many and when do we have to call the dibs (if that's the case).

IIRC if you've been born overseas or both of your parents have, you qualify for NGA.

I think the rules differ between the amount of opportunities usually offered to people of their background.

Borlaise qualifies for the crows because he was born overseas.
Nope. From the link in my last post to the resources thread in the Draft and Trading Board.

Qualified NGA Players include Indigenous players, players who were born in Africa, Asia or a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) country, and players who have a biological parent who was born in either Africa, Asia or a CALD country.

Last edited:
Nope. From the link in my last post to the resources thread in the Draft and Trading Board thread.

Qualified NGA Players include Indigenous players, players who were born in Africa, Asia or a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) country, and players who have a biological parent who was born in either Africa, Asia or a CALD country.
Guess Luko just isn't as culturally or linguistically diverse enough to qualify. At least Borlaise clearly is.

Yeah Hunter Carter looks like a likely type

yep.

his dad played 170 games for port and isn’t eligible by the way.

if the Victorian teams had the same father son rules as us, Gary Ablett would have only just snuck in, Hawkins wouldn’t have come close

Daniher wouldnt have come remotely close for Essendon.

I suspect that 90% of father sons wouldn’t have been eligible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back