News Port Confirms Coaching Panel for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing about this coaching panel is inspiring

hopefully the lot get the sack soon, except ,maybe Carr.

Jason Williams was probably just a mate of Zak Butters from Bacchus Marsh.

It’s not what you know, it’s who you know, after all.

Camporeale and Mattner should've been looked at in recent years imo you are a caveman if you put a line through people just because they've been at Adelaide.
I would of looked at mattner. Also Bassett was a crows player

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

I get the narrative it is harder to attract assistants compared to Victorian clubs but surely if you can pitch a good role and the direction of the footy club you can entice some quality assistants, especially when Koch and Davies tell us us what a wonderful football program we have that is apparently the envy of the competition.

I'm not buying that this is because we're based in Adelaide. Alistair Clarkson, Phil Walsh, Alan Richardson, Dean Bailey and even triple premiership superstar Michael Voss are all among our highly rated ex-assistant coaches with no major link to the club or state before their arrival.

It's Hinkley. No more no less.

I'm not buying that this is because we're based in Adelaide. Alistair Clarkson, Phil Walsh, Alan Richardson, Dean Bailey and even triple premiership superstar Michael Voss are all among our highly rated ex-assistant coaches with no major link to the club or state before their arrival.

Alistair Clarkson was in SA coaching Centrals (won a premiership in his debut season) and was a captain's pick by Bucky when his position at Centrals broke down
Phil Walsh was great mates with Choco going back to their playing days and was an assistant under him, and came to Port to be an assistant under Hinkley
Dean Bailey was coached by Choco at Essendon and came across to Port to be an assistant under him
Richardson was part of the package deal with Hinkley
Voss came here under Hinkley when he was a coaching pariah. No one was offering him a job and he only left after getting the Carlton job.

Alistair Clarkson was in SA coaching Centrals (won a premiership in his debut season) and was a captain's pick by Bucky when his position at Centrals broke down
Phil Walsh was great mates with Choco going back to their playing days and was an assistant under him, and came to Port to be an assistant under Hinkley
Dean Bailey was coached by Choco at Essendon and came across to Port to be an assistant under him
Richardson was part of the package deal with Hinkley
Voss came here under Hinkley when he was a coaching pariah. No one was offering him a job and he only left after getting the Carlton job.
So what you're saying is there are lots of highly rated coaches with no PAFC connection but who wanted to work with Choco, so they came to Adelaide anyway? Funny that. If only we had a senior coach right now who could attract similar talent.

Just read the whole thread .
WoW . I guess there’s more than one wat to whinge about skinning a cat haha .
Does seem a tad uninspiring although I don’t mind these left field guys like Jason Williams . New age Glenelg got one as coach this year , those types and Goldy goes alright I reckon , not sure about Hammer but wait and see I guess

So what you're saying is there are lots of highly rated coaches with no PAFC connection but who wanted to work with Choco, so they came to Adelaide anyway? Funny that. If only we had a senior coach right now who could attract similar talent.
The only thing Hinkley has attracted to Port is two cents Charlie. Most of the traffic is one way out of Alberton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read the whole thread .
WoW . I guess there’s more than one wat to whinge about skinning a cat haha .
Does seem a tad uninspiring although I don’t mind these left field guys like Jason Williams . New age Glenelg got one as coach this year , those types and Goldy goes alright I reckon , not sure about Hammer but wait and see I guess
Carn. Darren Reeves has had an extensive coaching career and held many positions in both developmental and head coaching roles and is a poor example.
We lack formal interview processes and transparency. It's damn unprofessional.

What I'm saying is you found about the five worst examples you could to make a point.

Clarkson was in South Australia coaching, he had nothing to do with Choco. Choco was pissed off with Bucky for appointing him.

Walsh had a connection with Port through Choco, left because Choco wore him out - which they both conceded - and came back to Port to work with Hinkley. And he only left because the crows offered him their head coaching job.

Voss came to Port to work with Hinkley.

I get people don't want him here, I wanted him gone too. Is he responsible for an assistant group that people are offended by? I don't know, maybe he is. But that group you mentioned, almost all had pre-existing connections to SA or Port, which is the antithesis of what you said.

What I'm saying is you found about the five worst examples you could to make a point.

Clarkson was in South Australia coaching, he had nothing to do with Choco.

Walsh had a connection with Port through Choco, left because Choco wore him out - which they both conceded - and came back to Port to work with Hinkley. And he only left because the crows offered him their head coaching job.

Voss came to Port to work with Hinkley.

I get people don't want him here, I wanted him gone too. Is he responsible for an assistant group that people are offended by? I don't know, maybe he is. But that group you mentioned, almost all had pre-existing connections to SA or Port, which is the antithesis of what you said.
Voss didn't come to Port to work with Hinkley. Koch appointed him without consultation. End result was deck chair Kenny.

Voss didn't come to Port to work with Hinkley. Koch appointed him without consultation. End result was deck chair Kenny.

He still came to work with Hinkley. He could have said no. Port were the only club willing to give him a chance.

Hinkley would have a well deserved reputation in the industry for being a coach who can reliably get his teams to perform to a solid level that is reasonably difficult to beat but also for being a coach who will never be a threat to the serious contenders at the business end of the season. He would be regarded as neither a good nor a bad coach.

Hinkley would have a well deserved reputation in the industry for being a coach who can reliably get his teams to perform to a solid level that is reasonably difficult to beat but also for being a coach who will never be a threat to the serious contenders at the business end of the season. He would be regarded as neither a good nor a bad coach.

I reckon the industry knows he's clueless by now. Rodney Eade Terry Wallace tier of coaches who the game has passed by without achieving * all

Which ones were pitched to by Richo.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back