2nds Port Magpies vs Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

what ever happened to dallas hill. supposesky we signed him as a tall forward and hasnt been sighted anywhere not even on the club website. BTW whoever topped up our sanfl list did a very crappy job as i said earlier in the year therr are a heap of players under 175 7 we recruited in fact

We're not getting the quality. We don't have direct access to the talent we need. Only 3 Magpies remain from last season.

Billy Frampton had all but 2 of Port's 34 hitouts to Norwood's 44. 20 disposals and a goal rucking all on his own. Topped Port's dream team count. That's a fair effort.

Looks like he's ready just as Ryder gets fit. ;)
Reckon he was ok against Sturt as well, our mids didn't read him that well at times that should improve if he keeps getting enough time in there.

I thought Atley was our best mid. I still think we need to play him. I think he could well become our version of Matt Crouch. I think he could be a star.
gee i thought he was beaten all ends up

Rockliff might have got 31 but didn't do anywhere near enough for mine to warrant a recall as a lot of those possessions weren't very effective.

SPP was OK and had more effect on the game, did enough to put his name in the frame.

Darcy Ginever did well on debut, it was clearly a step up but he battled well and was clean with his disposals. He was hitting short passes perfectly, something so many of our players struggle to do (I'm looking at you Toumpas).

The highlight of the night was the unveiling of their "big screen" and the hilarious history video they put on, followed up with a video of historical cheap, high shots they've put on our players over the years. It was so laughable it had to be seen to be believed.

Small time, B-Grade and could barely rustle up 2000 people on a perfect Friday night for the highlight of their season.

Just think, if they had some balls they could've facing us in front of a packed house at Adelaide Oval next week ...

Rocky plodded around getting cheap touches while his opponent destroyed us.. if he was named in the best its purely just for a confidence boost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocky plodded around getting cheap touches while his opponent destroyed us.. if he was named in the best its purely just for a confidence boost.
Toumpas 3rd best I think they are going by stats alone or taking the piss

Rockliff might have got 31 but didn't do anywhere near enough for mine to warrant a recall as a lot of those possessions weren't very effective.

SPP was OK and had more effect on the game, did enough to put his name in the frame.

Darcy Ginever did well on debut, it was clearly a step up but he battled well and was clean with his disposals. He was hitting short passes perfectly, something so many of our players struggle to do (I'm looking at you Toumpas).

The highlight of the night was the unveiling of their "big screen" and the hilarious history video they put on, followed up with a video of historical cheap, high shots they've put on our players over the years. It was so laughable it had to be seen to be believed.

Small time, B-Grade and could barely rustle up 2000 people on a perfect Friday night for the highlight of their season.

Just think, if they had some balls they could've facing us in front of a packed house at Adelaide Oval next week ...

Lol what's amazing is they are sinking millions into renovations for the stadium too. Money well spent.

The make up of our reserves side on a given week isn’t really an indication of our draft methods. The goal is to make an AFL premiership squad not sanfl home and away team

Both are goals, but there is an order of priority. There seems to be an understanding at the club that a competitive Magpies help developping and improving our depth as a whole; at least, that's my impression (but my vision may be blurred by my own personal bias).

One aspect that have made things harder this season was the changes in our SANFL-only list. We have lost almost everybody. RossFC can say better, but we struggled to fulfill the spots. There were people coming in after the start of the season.

Moreover, due to injuries, suspensions, personal issues, etc., our main squad is currently thin. Also, the schedule forces us to sit out one emergency (this round were two) every week. Finally, we have some important players struggling to find their best football.

Since the Power is priority, we are using our scarce resourses for the sake of our AFL season; as we should. The Magpies must do its best with the left-overs. So far, not so good. But there is enough season to turn things out for the better.

Nope he looked better than a lot of others out there.. he has just become an easy whipping boy target
Nup he gets cheap stats and makes horrendous amateur skill errors don't let ya blind love for anything Port Adelaide cloud the issue.

I thought Atley was our best mid. I still think we need to play him. I think he could well become our version of Matt Crouch. I think he could be a star.

You think too much lol

And don’t let your blind hate turn you into a fat arse old whinging codger Norwood like supporter.
He's a good SANFL player but doesn't have the skills or pace to be an AFL winger. We've thrown him to the back flank and he just racks up meaningless possessions. Nothing happens when he has the ball. At least with Pittard, Byrne-Jones, Bonner or even Irra something happens.

Billy Frampton had all but 2 of Port's 34 hitouts to Norwood's 44. 20 disposals and a goal rucking all on his own. Topped Port's dream team count. That's a fair effort.

Looks like he's ready just as Ryder gets fit. ;)
See what this tells me is Frampton played majority of ruck time for us, and we lost the hit out count. Frampton breaks even at best at SANFL level, against a very obviously unfit Baulderstone, what do people think will happen at AFL level?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back