Autopsy Positives and Negatives - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

This is definitely a case of a broken clock being right twice a day etc, but I thought Garry Lyon was spot on talking about us On The Couch. He was saying that we looked introverted, even "apologetic", at times last year. Nic Nat changes that - his aggressiveness and intent makes everyone else stand taller

Gave Cripps some really high praise for that kick to Hurn as well. I'm shocked!

Your mate is wrong about masto. He shat the bed so often. Kicked one goal and one good kick into forward 50 that was it. Turned the ball over alot was scared of contact and didn't go when he needed to. He looks smaller than ever. I hope he spends most of the year in wafl because his performance as a senior player wasn't good enough
Bullshit, the only reason I mentioned my mate was to highlight off the camera running.

His DE was 80% so don't try rubbish s**t that he kept turning it over. As I've stated already, his first HTB call was the only of his 3 frees against that was what you'd say "classic Masten" :rolleyes:

I swear our supporter base gets dumber every year, or perhaps it's just shining through with everyone's ease of access to the internet.

Bullshit, the only reason I mentioned my mate was to highlight off the camera running.

His DE was 80% so don't try rubbish s**t that he kept turning it over. As I've stated already, his first HTB call was the only of his 3 frees against that was what you'd say "classic Masten" :rolleyes:

I swear our supporter base gets dumber every year, or perhaps it's just shining through with everyone's ease of access to the internet.

Ball in hand wasn’t the problem. The contest was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negative. We took Dom Sheed when Patrick Cripps was available .
GoldenHairyAfricanwildcat-max-1mb.gif

Looking forward to seeing how we go in Melbourne next week with the doggies backs against the wall. They were well and truly crap last week and I originally pencilled it in as a loss, we are a decent chance now I think.
I dont even know you anymore

What a bizarre game from Jetta, chased hard, took the game on (his usual weakness).
But then couldn't hit a target to save himself (his usual strength).

Just so frustrating.

He’s normally a good kick

For me watching him chase and back his burst of speed was heart Warming

Hopefully he does that all season - as his kicking just had an off night - it happens

+ Naitanui = M.D.E.
+ LeCras playing like a small forward. Your move Cripps.
+ Always good to get the debut over with. Whilst none of them were outstanding in any measure, Watermans goal in a crucial time was great, Venables looked like he wants to take the game on and Ryan looks he could be a player too.
+ rallying from being down in the third was great and unexpected.

- midfielders and forwards not really offering more than their arms in the air asking for the ball when we're held up at half back. There's no movement by the players to create space, leading to kicks down the line
- the lack of willingness to take the game on through run and playing on. We've been like this since Woosha. We're a kick-mark-kick team. It's highly frustrating.
- We looked slow and a little unfit. The lack of second & third efforts was evident, especially by the mids.
- slow out of the blocks. I was there an hour and a bit early and didn't see any Eagles players on the ground, yet Sydney were on there doing individual things, may be related.

- slow out of the blocks. I was there an hour and a bit early and didn't see any Eagles players on the ground, yet Sydney were on there doing individual things, may be related.
Not sure what Sydney we’re doing - but the afl has banned the early warm up

Only allowing the short one they do immediately prior to the game from this year

More seriously though, Franklin played an absolute monster of a game. I haven't seen him tear us apart previously like he did yesterday. Part of it was not getting numbers back in front of him, but normally when an opposition kicks it high into their forwards it's our bread an butter to spoil and at least halve the contest. But every time it went near Franklin, I felt we were in trouble. He puts such pressure on with his length to win the contest and his recovery to get the ground ball. Absolutely phenomenal.

Barrass was very poor. You hit the nail on the head, high kicks into D50 are a KPD's wet dream, gives you a chance to position your body and make an effective spoil. I know Franklin is a once in a generation player but all Barrass needed to do was get body on and thump it away.

Barrass has shown that he is still a bit raw, he will learn from this game. I'd back in him next time we play the Swans at the SCG, with the congestion he should hopefully halve all contests against Buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass was very poor. You hit the nail on the head, high kicks into D50 are a KPD's wet dream, gives you a chance to position your body and make an effective spoil. I know Franklin is a once in a generation player but all Barrass needed to do was get body on and thump it away.

Barrass has shown that he is still a bit raw, he will learn from this game. I'd back in him next time we play the Swans at the SCG, with the congestion he should hopefully halve all contests against Buddy.
We emphase too much on intercept marking as the defensive tactics and costed us the 2015 flag when Clarkson got their forwards to wrestle with our defenders inside 50.
In this WCE-Sydney game, Buddy is a well known strong one on one forward. Certainly without a good "lock-down" defender like McKenzie, something must have been planned?(I hope). However, the opposition seem to know our weakness more than the Eagles do!

We emphase too much on intercept marking as the defensive tactics and costed us the 2015 flag when Clarkson got their forwards to wrestle with our defenders inside 50.
In this WCE-Sydney game, Buddy is a well known strong one on one forward. Certainly without a good "lock-down" defender like McKenzie, something must have been planned?(I hope). However, the opposition seem to know our weakness more than the Eagles do!
We just dont have anyone that can go with Buddy that is fit. Barrass is still young/inexperienced, Gov is too fat and Schoey has the defensive qualities of a sand castle.

Instead of going all out defensive we tried to take them on and it didn't quite work out. Maybe we could have blocked it up but it would have probably hurt us offensively and our forward line was already weak as it was.

We just dont have anyone that can go with Buddy that is fit. Barrass is still young/inexperienced, Gov is too fat and Schoey has the defensive qualities of a sand castle.

Instead of going all out defensive we tried to take them on and it didn't quite work out. Maybe we could have blocked it up but it would have probably hurt us offensively and our forward line was already weak as it was.
We could have done what everyone does to kennedy and doubleteamed him

Barrass on him - yeo 10 m in front - then its 1-2 and out of there.

We could have done what everyone does to kennedy and doubleteamed him

Barrass on him - yeo 10 m in front - then its 1-2 and out of there.
If only it were so easy. Sydney was leaving a paddock for Buddy. If we double team him, he leads to the flank, their spare player drops into the hole. They had to much seperation for McGovern to help cover Buddy and cover his opponent and/or the hole. It's Buddy 1v1 or its someone else 1v0.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

If only it were so easy. Sydney was leaving a paddock for Buddy. If we double team him, he leads to the flank, their spare player drops into the hole. They had to much seperation for McGovern to help cover Buddy and cover his opponent and/or the hole. It's Buddy 1v1 or its someone else 1v0.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
I could have sworn they were playing an extra man in defence- but im watching on tv

-ves: Umpiring ruined the game; forward structure woeful; Nelson was shocking; Masten still a 12 year old boy.

+ves: faster in transition when we get going; Barrass good despite Buddy in on fire mode, definitely better than Gov; Nic is back and is a beast, please just ever get injured again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Take it back to 2 umpires.
Sorry to intrude but FMD if that wasn’t one of the worst umpiring displays I’ve ever seen. Was at the match and couldn’t believe what I saw in that last quarter. Sheer momentum killers[/QUOTE
Once again the umpires made it all about them. Get rid of two of them. Too many on the field looking to be involved. Making stupid decisions just to feel like they are contributing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back