Review Post-game overreaction thread - JLT Cup Game 1 vs Fremantle *overreactions only*

Remove this Banner Ad

A windy/gusty day on a small country ground... Struth, ill reserve judgement on our talls. Jenkins would want to turn it on soon though.

Clutch win and blew out the cobwebs.

Class always shines through. Mrouch, Gibbs, Lynch, Laird and CEY were very good.
I have no idea where we play next, but hopefully it's a reasonable sized ground, so we get some ACTUAL practice.

Best 22?? Tough at the moment

Brown ~ Hartigan ~ Doedee
Laird ~ Talia ~ Kelly
Atkins ~ Gibbs ~ Sloane
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Douglas
Betts ~ McGovern ~ Murphy
Jacobs ~ M.Crouch ~ B.Crouch
Greenwood ~ Milera ~ Seedsman
Gibson

Cheney ~ Keath ~ Signorello
McPherson ~ Otten ~ Mackay
Wilson ~ Poholke ~ Galluci
Jarman ~ Dear ~ Knight
Himmelburg ~ Jenkins ~ Davis
Obrien ~ CEY ~ Hampton
Fogarty ~ Edwards ~ Hunter

Jenkins needs to be in form to play simple.

Here’s my overreactions on the game.

Jenkins - really carried his GF form into 2018. Delist.

Dear - made a contest, tried to tackle people. Could be the next Charlie Dixon if he improved his kicking and facial hair a tad.

Hampton - watching Curtly try to play intelligent football is like watching my Dad try to follow a complex recipe. He’s confident but the result is not good. Then he goes and wins the two centre clearances which win us the match. For the love of god Curtly cut out the fancy stuff and focus on what you are good at.

M Crouch - overrated. 36 percent of his possessions were contested which is what you expect from an outside player. Except he is slow, cannot kick over a jam tin and his handballs have no particular insight. If Kane Cornes didn’t bother defending he would be Matt Crouch. Going to play 300+ games.

Gibbs - really showed why he was a relatively well regarded player at Carlton by playing a relatively good game. Going to play 350+ games.

CEY - showed what we missed last year, as he would have played that one game instead of Thommo and therefore our percentage would have been slightly better. Was actually really quite good. But not better than Sloane / B Crouch / Greenwood.

Lachie “Mad Dog” Murphy - really liked his intensity and composure. Best of the combatants in the Small Forward Hunger Games. If we were Richmond then he would be playing ahead of JJ. Be more Richmond (maybe)

Tom “0 games in 2 years” Doedee - sound. Pleased to see him surrounded by pushing back midfielders giving him options to play on with handball at every opportunity. 2018 Rising Star favourite.

Fogarty - more free kicks against than possessions. The one possession was pretty nice tho. 2019 Rising Star favourite.

Almost lost to Freo with half the SANFL team playing. Pykey needs to throw the gameplan out.

To blow a 5 goal lead at home against a team like freo shows our premiership window is closed and pyke has no plan b and we should sack him and start the rebuild now

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

******* idiot ******* ******* coaches ******* ******* ******* ******* Jenkins and Otten ******* ******* ******* ******* completely disorganised ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* public transport ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* Matt Taberner ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* Hampton promises so much but delivers so ******* little ******* ******* ******* ******* windy ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* ******* so the bartender says, what can i do for you, Mr President? ******* ******* ******* ******* Gibbs and Mrouch ******* ******* ******* ******* Lynch and Atkins played better ******* ******* ******* ******* local has a sports bar *******.

So yeah, good win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a horrid performance against a full strength but rubbish side.

How Gibbs couldn't manage 50 touches is beyond me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back