Posters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
You guys thought I’d be posting about you guys. You’re so vain. This is about the posters we’ve kicked in 2022.

Not insinuating we’d have won or lost more games, but just thought it was interesting as I’ve noticed we’ve hit the post a lot lately and wanted to check our stats for the year.

Opposition have only been unluckier than us 3 times this season (Crow, Lions and Bombers) each by just 1. All other games - we’ve had the shorter end of the stick.

Our unluckiest was against the Tigers, hitting the post 4 times to zip. I don’t remember when they were but having lost by 27, did it ruin momentum that game?

We’ve hit the post at least twice each game for the last 4 games.

Round 1: 3-1 v Saints
Round 2: 1-2 v Crows
Round 3: 1-0 v Cats
Round 4: 2-0 v Eagles
Round 5: 0-1 v Lions
Round 6: 0-1 v Bombers
Round 7: 1-0 v Suns
Round 8: 4-0 v Tigers
Round 9: 2-1 v Dogs
Round 10: 2-0 v Dockers
Round 11: 1-0 v Blues
Round 12: 2-1 v Hawks
Round 13: 2-1 v Demons
Round 15: 3-0 v Giants
Round 16: 3-1 v Suns
Totals: 27 times to 9

Clearly a lazy Monday night for me.

You guys thought I’d be posting about you guys. You’re so vain. This is about the posters we’ve kicked in 2022.

Not insinuating we’d have won or lost more games, but just thought it was interesting as I’ve noticed we’ve hit the post a lot lately and wanted to check our stats for the year.

Opposition have only been unluckier than us 3 times this season (Crow, Lions and Bombers) each by just 1. All other games - we’ve had the shorter end of the stick.

Our unluckiest was against the Tigers, hitting the post 4 times to zip. I don’t remember when they were but having lost by 27, did it ruin momentum that game?

Nothing is more likely to induce an F-bomb from me than when we hit the post

It’s the same psychology as silver medalists being less happy than bronze medalists

So close, so close

Dumb rule requiring change.
Hit the post, ball comes back into field, play on.
Hit the post, ball slides point side, point awarded.
Hit the post, ball slides goal side, goal awarded.
Just makes sense.
At least that’ll stop those silly reviews.

“Ball…has…not…deviated…as it passed…the goalpost. Umpires call.”

Dumb rule requiring change.
Hit the post, ball comes back into field, play on.
Hit the post, ball slides point side, point awarded.
Hit the post, ball slides goal side, goal awarded.
Just makes sense.
What if the ball lands on top of the post…& stays there…
It hasn’t bounced back into play, it hasn’t gone through the behind side or the goal side?

I don't see what this's got to do with us post... oh.

Maybe they should start AIMING at the post.

(With Taylor Adams, I find myself going "oh, well, close").

It hasn’t bounced back into play, it hasn’t gone through the behind side or the goal side?
Then the player who kicked said poster must go to the top of the goal square, look up to the sky, spin counter-clockwise 10 times as fast as they can and launch themselves at the goal post. Where the ball lands decides the outcome.

Or... MEGABALL, the umpire throws 3 balls up at the next centre ball and whoever kicks the biggest score whilst those 3 balls are still in play wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This remarkable event would allow physicists to test the predictions of different theories of particle physics, including measuring the properties of the Higgs boson searching for the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetric theories, and other unresolved questions in particle physics.

I’d want to have Dane Rampe on my team if this ever happened.

I don't see what this's got to do with us post... oh.

Maybe they should start AIMING at the post.

(With Taylor Adams, I find myself going "oh, well, close").
Then they’d start kicking the bloody thing OOTF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back