Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't think it could be ! Whats that about ? Why 18 ? so if he's good enough at 16 and we have room in the side for SANFL listed players he can't play >
Rules say we can only first sign Academy players from 18-23 years of age.

There are 2 Chalmers in Glenelg's sides. One in the Ressies and one in the U18s.
Are either Kyle's younger bro Jackson?

I think you mean u16s for Glenelg. And yep, it's Jackson, younger bro of Kyle and son of former port player Brett.
A tallish kid, playing full back mainly for the bay's u16. Has a fair bit of work to do on his game, still very raw, but he isn't really that committed to footy yet....comes across very much like the larrikin.

Will be playing tomorrow in the GF.

Kysaiah Pickett is the greatest name I've ever ****ing heard
Yeah it's a cool name....you'll fall even more in love with him if you see him play live and he is on.

Only thing is he gets called Kozzie and for me, whenever I hear that name it reminds me of that fat ****er that led that famous hostile welcoming party for the swans a few years ago....

Didn't think it could be ! Whats that about ? Why 18 ? so if he's good enough at 16 and we have room in the side for SANFL listed players he can't play >

Think the minimum 18 age limit applies to SANFL contracted players?
Could play anyone of any age in Ressies comp - just not able to play in League if they wanted to.

And yes, i think it is Trevor-John Wanganeen - payed two Ressies trials this pre-season with Port.

I think you mean u16s for Glenelg. And yep, it's Jackson, younger bro of Kyle and son of former port player Brett.
A tallish kid, playing full back mainly for the bay's u16. Has a fair bit of work to do on his game, still very raw, but he isn't really that committed to footy yet....comes across very much like the larrikin.

Will be playing tomorrow in the GF.
It sucks that Jackson and Kyle aren't eligible to be father-son picks for us, despite their old man playing 145 total senior games for PAFC (25 AFL and 120 SANFL). If Jackson Chalmers does develop into a fine player then the mathematical chances of us getting him are very minute, unless we draft him earlier than he is expected to go AND that's presuming our draft position allows us to get to him. If he develops into a top 10 pick and we happen to make finals that year then the only way we could get him is to trade up in the draft. In 5-10 years this almost definitely won't be an issue for us because virtually every father-son player coming through will have had their old man playing in the AFL but I guess these are retrospective teething problems that come with being an expansion side that existed before league entrance.

It sucks that Jackson and Kyle aren't eligible to be father-son picks for us, despite their old man playing 145 total senior games for PAFC (25 AFL and 120 SANFL). If Jackson Chalmers does develop into a fine player then the mathematical chances of us getting him are very minute, unless we draft him earlier than he is expected to go AND that's presuming our draft position allows us to get to him. If he develops into a top 10 pick and we happen to make finals that year then the only way we could get him is to trade up in the draft. In 5-10 years this almost definitely won't be an issue for us because virtually every father-son player coming through will have had their old man playing in the AFL but I guess these are retrospective teething problems that come with being an expansion side that existed before league entrance.

Since the bidding system came in there are intermittent murmurings from various identities that the AFL games requirement could be dropped to a minimal amount - 1 even - but nothing ever comes of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trevor Wanganeen. We can't play Tex until he's 18.

Hey RossFC do you know if Tex has shown any promise as a young lad?

Since the bidding system came in there are intermittent murmurings from various identities that the AFL games requirement could be dropped to a minimal amount - 1 even - but nothing ever comes of it.
I highly doubt we'll ever see it dropped to 1 game. 50/75 seems far more realistic if they were going to drop it but that wouldn't help us with the Chalmers situation.

Think the minimum 18 age limit applies to SANFL contracted players?
Could play anyone of any age in Ressies comp - just not able to play in League if they wanted to.

And yes, i think it is Trevor-John Wanganeen - payed two Ressies trials this pre-season with Port.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-09-10/statement-port-adelaide-accepts-sanfl-invitation

Port Adelaide SANFL Academy:
» Team composition permitted to include:
- Any members of contracted list of 15 SANFL players not selected to play for the SANFL League team
- List of players aged between 18-22 years old.

Yeah it's a cool name....you'll fall even more in love with him if you see him play live and he is on.

Only thing is he gets called Kozzie and for me, whenever I hear that name it reminds me of that fat ****er that led that famous hostile welcoming party for the swans a few years ago....
Sucks that he is aligned to the Kangas for FS. Was chatting to one of the dads from Port Districts yesterday and he said the kid is an absolute gun! Hope he goes on with it.

Sucks that he is aligned to the Kangas for FS. Was chatting to one of the dads from Port Districts yesterday and he said the kid is an absolute gun! Hope he goes on with it.

Just an fyi....Kysaiah is not Choppy's son. Nephew, so open slather......unless we get some benefits out of our indigenous academy by his draft year.

Had a pretty good GF.

Looks like Jackson Mead stepped up to the U18s level today to play with his brother Mitchell and actually performed quite well in WWT's big win over Norwood. Jackson had 14 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 2 i50s and kicked a goal. Mitchell wasn't so good - 5 disposals and kicked 0.2 in front of goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back