Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG OMG OMG!

Anyone able to list the sons attending who were not interviewed in this?

Who's the bloke speaking to Voss half way through?

I spotted Wilbur - a bit too early? !

Also Cochrane. Is he there in a staff capacity or does he have sons coming through?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nope...been in average form. Not terrible, not OK, just average. Having said that....I get the feeling it's muppets that pick the squads at times.

Does he have a fair bit of ability?

OMG OMG OMG!

Also Cochrane. Is he there in a staff capacity or does he have sons coming through?

If I remember rightly Stuey Cochrane looks after player welfare / development etc. so makes sense he's invovled.

On a tangent, was it the 2003 SF that Cochrane destroyed Hird?

That's pretty much all I remember of Stuey's career.

OMG OMG OMG!

As Macca19 said, its Darren's younger boy Jackson. Been a very good player all through junior ranks so far. Whilst not a pip squeak, another growth spurt for him will be good. But at this stage, a very good midfielder.

Does he have a fair bit of ability?

Last name being Burgoyne should be all the evidence you need as to whether he has talent.

He has stagnated a bit this year tho'. Actually, even tho he made state u15 rep side last year, he had an injury riddled year and was probably lucky to make the squad last year. Probably picked more on previous performances and reputation than anything he did. And this year, whilst I didnt see every game what I did see of him he was borderline average. Poor kicking skills (even though he was a good kick), poor decision maker. Had a poor GF in my eyes....for his talent.

And obviously the state selectors didnt think he has progressed his game as he didnt make the state U16 squad this year. Altho as in one of my previous posts, I am absolutely convinced muppets choose these squads!

Last name being Burgoyne should be all the evidence you need as to whether he has talent.

He has stagnated a bit this year tho'. Actually, even tho he made state u15 rep side last year, he had an injury riddled year and was probably lucky to make the squad last year. Probably picked more on previous performances and reputation than anything he did. And this year, whilst I didnt see every game what I did see of him he was borderline average. Poor kicking skills (even though he was a good kick), poor decision maker. Had a poor GF in my eyes....for his talent.

And obviously the state selectors didnt think he has progressed his game as he didnt make the state U16 squad this year. Altho as in one of my previous posts, I am absolutely convinced muppets choose these squads!

Sounds like the environment that video is highlighting, is just what he needs.

On a tangent, was it the 2003 SF that Cochrane destroyed Hird?

That's pretty much all I remember of Stuey's career.

And destroying Nick Stevens every time we played North Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a chance for Byron Picketts kids ? One there yesterday at the u/15 indigenous State carnival . WoW . Kossiah , not sure how to spell it they call him Kossie . He sat on heads twice in this game and took clean marks both times . Definitely one to watch

Not taking him in the original Power squad still stinging 20 years later.

We picked some fearsome spuds too.

Pagan and co obviously saw something they liked.

Do we have a chance for Byron Picketts kids ? One there yesterday at the u/15 indigenous State carnival . WoW . Kossiah , not sure how to spell it they call him Kossie . He sat on heads twice in this game and took clean marks both times . Definitely one to watch

Phhht mentioned Kysaiah Pickett on the previous page. He's Choppy's nephew not his son, so he's an open draft pick.

Phhht mentioned Kysaiah Pickett on the previous page. He's Choppy's nephew not his son, so he's an open draft pick.

Yep...nephew.

But whats happening with the indigenious academies? When do clubs get some priority to the development of these kids? Come on Port....push it hard. Lets get this back on the AFL agenda.....NOW. Farken!

I want Kysaih at Port baaaaaaaaad..............

I guess I'm pretty lonely in being against the father son thing for all clubs.

Especially when it comes to academy type things, being the son of a former player shouldn't provide more opportunities than it would for a better player.

There is already enough of a boost having a father who played when it comes to selection as a junior etc.

... being the son of a former player shouldn't provide more opportunities than it would for a better player ......
It doesn't. Plenty (most?) potential father/son picks don't get taken up because exactly as you say a club has better options. But when the stars align and a highly draftable junior is wanted by a club his family has a strong connection with I see no problems.

Yep...nephew.
But whats happening with the indigenious academies? When do clubs get some priority to the development of these kids? Come on Port....push it hard. Lets get this back on the AFL agenda.....NOW. Farken!
I want Kysaih at Port baaaaaaaaad..............

Some clubs have multicultural and indigenous academies for the 2017 draft but for some reason the AFL hasn't done it for all clubs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hawks-primed-to-land-next-generation-academy-forward

Some clubs have multicultural and indigenous academies for the 2017 draft but for some reason the AFL hasn't done it for all clubs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hawks-primed-to-land-next-generation-academy-forward

Yep, it looks like the rules committee and MRP are in charge of these acadamies. No sense, no fairness, no equitable structure....make your mind up as it goes as long . Effin joke.

Come on Port, I love the effort and results with the whole China push but please dont take your eyes off the ball when it comes to these acadamies either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back