Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why people hate the academies

They can get used to give teams a free shot.

Same as the Borlase ********.
We also saw the opposite situation play out last year when Bailey Scott turned his back on the Suns academy and chose to join the Kangaroos as a father-son pick.

I suppose this is why it's important to engage with potential future father-son picks early on. Essendon are certainly attempting to do that with Tex Wanganeen but ultimately it comes down to what the player wants to do. The rules are the rules and it's our job to convince these kids to choose us over other clubs.

Update on Jackson Mead's 2019 season so far playing for the WWT reserves.

R1 v North Adelaide (26 disposals, 7 i50s, 6 clearances, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal, 0 behinds)
R2 v Sturt (16 disposals, 3 i50s, 1 clearance, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goals, 0 behinds)
R3 v North Adelaide (20 disposals, 5 i50s, 1 clearance, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 1 goal, 1 behind)
R4 v Glenelg (14 disposals, 0 i50s, 5 clearances, 1 mark, 2 tackles, 0 goals, 0 behinds)
R5 v Norwood (26 disposals, 5 i50s, 5 clearances, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 0 goals, 0 behinds)

He seems to be going pretty well but the national championships is where we'll really get an understanding of where he stands on a national draft perspective. When does the final U18 SA team get announced?

From 2019 South Australian u18 pages
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-south-australian-u18s.1212887/page-3
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-south-australian-u18s.1212887/page-4

Rd 6 - Jackson Mead - 14 touches, 5 clearances
Rd 7 - Jackson Mead - 26 touches, 5 clearances, 5 inside 50s

Also note that Borlase is playing for sturts reserves side as a 15yr old today.

If the crows get to draft him as an nga Gil needs to get his head kicked in. ******* disgusting.
Well our so called big wigs need to sort it ffs.

The Torrens University SA U18 team has tuned up for its opening AFL National Championship match with a solid win against the SA U20 team at Thebarton Oval on Friday night.

Leading at every change, Tony Bamford’s charges continued to increase their advantage before eventually winning by a comfortable margin of 34 points.
Sturt’s Lachlan Burrows, a former Decathlete, was named best for the SA U18s, who were also well served by Norwood’s Dylan Stephens as well as Eagles Jackson Mead and Kysaiah Pickett. Redleg Cam Taheny, who booted five goals in his last outing with Norwood’s League team, and Eagle Jamie Coff, were the only multiple goal scorers with two each.

SA U18 2.3 5.5 8.8 10.14 (74)

SA U20 1.2 2.2 4.4 5.10 (40)

BEST – SA U18: Burrows, Mead, Stephens, Shute, Pickett, Tucker.

SA U20: Davis, Rigney, Payne, Voss, Milsom, Johnston.

GOALS – SA U18: Taheny, Coff 2, Pickett, Tucker, Shute, Schoenberg, Morris, Searle.

SA U20: Johnston 3, Rigney, Neagle.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/torrens-university-sa-u18-defeat-sa-u20/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Torrens University SA U18 team has tuned up for its opening AFL National Championship match with a solid win against the SA U20 team at Thebarton Oval on Friday night.

Leading at every change, Tony Bamford’s charges continued to increase their advantage before eventually winning by a comfortable margin of 34 points.
Sturt’s Lachlan Burrows, a former Decathlete, was named best for the SA U18s, who were also well served by Norwood’s Dylan Stephens as well as Eagles Jackson Mead and Kysaiah Pickett. Redleg Cam Taheny, who booted five goals in his last outing with Norwood’s League team, and Eagle Jamie Coff, were the only multiple goal scorers with two each.

SA U18 2.3 5.5 8.8 10.14 (74)

SA U20 1.2 2.2 4.4 5.10 (40)

BEST – SA U18: Burrows, Mead, Stephens, Shute, Pickett, Tucker.

SA U20: Davis, Rigney, Payne, Voss, Milsom, Johnston.

GOALS – SA U18: Taheny, Coff 2, Pickett, Tucker, Shute, Schoenberg, Morris, Searle.

SA U20: Johnston 3, Rigney, Neagle.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/torrens-university-sa-u18-defeat-sa-u20/

FTFY

We
Also note that Borlase is playing for sturts reserves side as a 15yr old today.

If the crows get to draft him as an nga Gil needs to get his head kicked in. ******* disgusting.
we need to appeal the borlase one his dad was a premiership captain for us ffs. Can borlase refuse to be the nga selection for crows and go in main draft? He knows we will pick him.

We

we need to appeal the borlase one his dad was a premiership captain for us ffs. Can borlase refuse to be the nga selection for crows and go in main draft? He knows we will pick him.

Pretty sure we already did and the afl shrugged their shoulders and said there would be bugs in the system and they didn’t think it was a big deal

If it was a big Vic clubs premiership legend it sure would be though.

Bullshit that he isn’t a father son but still isn’t eligible for the open draft (well unless he rejects the NGA but that’s an unrealistic expectation). Someone should tweet Cal Twomey and get this a run in his podcast. The only way the AFL ever stop shrugging their shoulders is when they get some bad press.

It’s also debatable whether he is better served playing for wwt or the magpies but imo getting him into our system earlier would be a good thing.
If Frampton, Atley, Ebert and Rockliff return to play (as well as Trengove and Hayes in 2 weeks) there might not even be a spot for an SANFL listed player.

We

If he is as good as expected, use our first on him

If he is as good as expected, use our first on him

I don’t know if he will be 1st rounder material or not. No one has mentioned him that highly. Still is a good size and playing reserves already is a good sign.

It doesn’t matter if he doesn’t get drafted. The principal of the matter is the son of a 226 (off the top of my head) 4 time premiership captain shouldn’t be available to their crosstown rivals under nga rules meant to develop kids from outside the game.

As I’ve said previously there is zero chance this would be entertained if it was a Collingwood or Carlton kid.

I don’t know if he will be 1st rounder material or not. No one has mentioned him that highly. Still is a good size and playing reserves already is a good sign.

It doesn’t matter if he doesn’t get drafted. The principal of the matter is the son of a 226 (off the top of my head) 4 time premiership captain shouldn’t be available to their crosstown rivals under nga rules meant to develop kids from outside the game.

As I’ve said previously there is zero chance this would be entertained if it was a Collingwood or Carlton kid.
I thought he only won one premiership with the Magpies? There will be a chance we take him, if we want him, bid early on him and back in the Genes! If the Crows really want to rub some salt in our wounds, make them pay up front for it!

I thought he only won one premiership with the Magpies? There will be a chance we take him, if we want him, bid early on him and back in the Genes! If the Crows really want to rub some salt in our wounds, make them pay up front for it!

92, 94, 96, captained 98.

1st round would be too high for him at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back