Preview Practice match v Brisbane 4 10 pm Thursday February 29 at Blacktown .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know which oval? Kid played there as a junior 20+ years ago.

GBHlct4aIAAtd5O

I'm sure I heard Harley say just last week, Brisbane played a praccy match in Sydney last year and we were looking to return the favour. Honestly I was looking forward to seeing our boys play up here since Springfield is only 10 minutes away from me and a class venue.

What's the difference between a match simulation & a practice match? Do they do scenario based games in the simulation?

What's the difference between a match simulation & a practice match? Do they do scenario based games in the simulation?
The main difference is the marketing really. Match sims are unofficial and usually not broadcasted by either of the major studios (although from memory this was not the case last year.) Practice matches are part of the official 'AFL Community Series' and they're broadcasted by Fox Footy meaning greater sponsorships, ad revenue etc.

In a footballing sense, the former tends to be more experimental in nature while the latter teams tend to field the side and structures most resembling that of their preferred round 1 side.

I love cricket, I really do.

But with an uninspiring summer of test cricket ahead, Aussie players both past & present behaving like douchebags, plus the endless circus of meaningless Big Bash ….. I’m counting down the days to a Swannies practice match
I used to sit by the Radiola with my Grandpa and listen to the cricket back in the late 50s. Used to watch shield games on the Hill at the SCG. Took my son to his first test at age 8. We go to the Sydney Test every year, 32 years later.
Somewhere along the way (no, not World Series) cricket lost it's heart and soul.
TBH I prefer the women's nowadays. Phenomenal team. Bleed green and gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love cricket, I really do.

But with an uninspiring summer of test cricket ahead, Aussie players both past & present behaving like douchebags, plus the endless circus of meaningless Big Bash ….. I’m counting down the days to a Swannies practice match
I don't disagree DQ, but test matches are my chance to lay long ways on a sideways facing couch drinking beer at 10.30am. I will not hear any cricket slander at this time.

Last edited:
I'm glad you provided some context as I had so many questions!

My liver simply would not withstand that sort of a place.
The supermarket had two aisles just 6 packs. All glass, no cans. I loved in a small village of about 200 souls 15 minutes out of a major town (75,000). To tell you all you need to know about the village it had a butcher shop, a kindergarten and a bottle shop.
The best dark beer (Helles) was Czech (just across the nearby border):

1702528986485.png

Just as good as Modela Negra from Mexico.

Last edited:
I'm glad you provided some context as I had so many questions!

My liver simply would not withstand that sort of a place.

Germany beer drinking put us all to shame.

Supermarkets sell 500ml cans for a euro and the only cases of beer are bottles in crates.

Nothing better than going to the Soccer and grabbing a couple of cans for the walk to the train station, then another couple at the station for the train ride to the ground and still having multiple options once there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back