Preview Practice match v Brisbane 4 10 pm Thursday February 29 at Blacktown .

Remove this Banner Ad

Germany beer drinking put us all to shame.

Supermarkets sell 500ml cans for a euro and the only cases of beer are bottles in crates.

Nothing better than going to the Soccer and grabbing a couple of cans for the walk to the train station, then another couple at the station for the train ride to the ground and still having multiple options once there.
Warm flat VB in a plastic cup doesn’t float your boat?

I used to sit by the Radiola with my Grandpa and listen to the cricket back in the late 50s. Used to watch shield games on the Hill at the SCG. Took my son to his first test at age 8. We go to the Sydney Test every year, 32 years later.
Somewhere along the way (no, not World Series) cricket lost it's heart and soul.
TBH I prefer the women's nowadays. Phenomenal team. Bleed green and gold.
The Aussie Women's cricket team games are the only female sport I watch. They are sensational.

I don't disagree DQ, but test matches are my chance to lay long ways on a sideways facing couch drinking beer at 10.30am. I will not hear any cricket slander at this time.

Surely WA loses Tests. No one there and the curator has produced an autobahn hoping for Marsh to consolidate his average in the lofty 27s.

Just a disgrace.

Surely WA loses Tests. No one there and the curator has produced an autobahn hoping for Marsh to consolidate his average in the lofty 27s.

Just a disgrace.
To be fair my not attending and deciding to watch it from the couch might've impacted attendance numbers.

How much is it now KC.?
Son and I sit upstairs in the Brewongle towards the Ladies. Last time for an Ashes test I think it was $195. Of course there are cheaper seats but we like those because they are in the shade. We take a cooler with drinks, sandwiches, fruit and whatnot to avoid the rip-offs. I like side on as a change to the TV angle and the entrance/exit is straight out towards the light rail.
Just checked. Vs Pakistan those seats are $145 plus booking fee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Son and I sit upstairs in the Brewongle towards the Ladies. Last time for an Ashes test I think it was $195. Of course there are cheaper seats but we like those because they are in the shade. We take a cooler with drinks, sandwiches, fruit and whatnot to avoid the rip-offs. I like side on as a change to the TV angle and the entrance/exit is straight out towards the light rail.
Just checked. Vs Pakistan those seats are $145 plus booking fee.
I used to work for a stockbroking firm in Sydney. The biggest in Australia at the time. They had a box just about underneath where you just described. Kerry Packers box was just to the right. His box had one lounge that would seat 3 normal sized people. That was it. Ours had seats for about 15 people. Plus more outside.
I knew the girl who held the tickets and her boss was a friend of mine. I would go and see her (not for test matches or One dayers. The big dicks got those tickets) for tickets to say a shield match. I would say how many tickets have you got? She would say how many do you need? It depends on how many you have got. She said I have twenty. I said I will take twenty.

Anyway this one day I was host of the box. So I was in charge. There were two big clients that I had to entertain along with all my mates. We had a waiter. He was brilliant. On your last swig from the bottle he would take it out of your hand on the way down and put a new full one straight in. Need I say we drank the huge fridge dry. I ordered the staff to refill it. We had seafood platters that day. It was a feast and a bit of a drinking session. Though the best thing was I instigated a betting game. Who can pick the score on the quarter hour. 1 dollar for each bet on what the score would be. Multiple people were allowed to bet on the same score. Anyway we had pots of $300 at stages through the game. You might think that shield cricket is boring. But that day was one of the most exciting and fun filled day I have had at the cricket.
Anyway on the Monday I went into work and I had the justify drinking the fridge dry. I was worried about the cost and the implications. Sure enough my friend came around and asked me why the alcohol bill was so high. I said the fridge was only partially filled when I got there so we had a few beers and I said fill the fridge up so that the next game the fridge is full. She thanked me.
I also got thank yous from the big dealers downstairs who said their clients had never had a better day at the cricket.
Whiyooooooo.

I used to work for a stockbroking firm in Sydney. The biggest in Australia at the time. They had a box just about underneath where you just described. Kerry Packers box was just to the right. His box had one lounge that would seat 3 normal sized people. That was it. Ours had seats for about 15 people. Plus more outside.
I knew the girl who held the tickets and her boss was a friend of mine. I would go and see her (not for test matches or One dayers. The big dicks got those tickets) for tickets to say a shield match. I would say how many tickets have you got? She would say how many do you need? It depends on how many you have got. She said I have twenty. I said I will take twenty.

Anyway this one day I was host of the box. So I was in charge. There were two big clients that I had to entertain along with all my mates. We had a waiter. He was brilliant. On your last swig from the bottle he would take it out of your hand on the way down and put a new full one straight in. Need I say we drank the huge fridge dry. I ordered the staff to refill it. We had seafood platters that day. It was a feast and a bit of a drinking session. Though the best thing was I instigated a betting game. Who can pick the score on the quarter hour. 1 dollar for each bet on what the score would be. Multiple people were allowed to bet on the same score. Anyway we had pots of $300 at stages through the game. You might think that shield cricket is boring. But that day was one of the most exciting and fun filled day I have had at the cricket.
Anyway on the Monday I went into work and I had the justify drinking the fridge dry. I was worried about the cost and the implications. Sure enough my friend came around and asked me why the alcohol bill was so high. I said the fridge was only partially filled when I got there so we had a few beers and I said fill the fridge up so that the next game the fridge is full. She thanked me.
I also got thank yous from the big dealers downstairs who said their clients had never had a better day at the cricket.
Whiyooooooo.
Can't match that! What a day! Been in a box once or twice but never as the bigwig.

I had about 30 days in the box. Got my Dad and a few brothers in a few times. We had one at the footy Stadium too, though I only went there a couple of times. Lots of fun times.
You have some bad habits , stockbroking , drinking , gambling and ripping off the company , thank god Nadia wasn't there

What's the difference between a match simulation & a practice match? Do they do scenario based games in the simulation?
The practice matches are properly broadcasted on kayo/fox.

The match simulations are broadcasted with a 2002 Nokia flip phone camera and streamed with a bloke on a pedal bike charging the internet.

I love cricket, I really do.

But with an uninspiring summer of test cricket ahead, Aussie players both past & present behaving like douchebags, plus the endless circus of meaningless Big Bash ….. I’m counting down the days to a Swannies practice match
I'm off to the Adelaide oval in January for my annual test match trip. Once my mate and I saw it was against West Indies we shortened our stay and changed our flights to come home sooner. :(

I used to sit by the Radiola with my Grandpa and listen to the cricket back in the late 50s. Used to watch shield games on the Hill at the SCG. Took my son to his first test at age 8. We go to the Sydney Test every year, 32 years later.
Somewhere along the way (no, not World Series) cricket lost it's heart and soul.
TBH I prefer the women's nowadays. Phenomenal team. Bleed green and gold.
You need to watch a great doco called 'Death of a Gentleman'. It used to stream on Netflix, but now you can see it on YouTube. 10 years old but just as relevant now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back