Game Day Pre Season 2 - Port vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

The last time we beat the bulldogs in a close one in a preseason game was in 2013... If my memory serves, it was an exhibition game in London with Ebo kicking a monster goal outside 50 after the siren (or very close to it). We won by a couple of points.

That was the start of the best period we've had under Hinkley ('13 - '14). Here's hoping that win on Saturday is a good omen for the season ahead.

I was at that game. It was freezing.

That's cause we're not missing him. No need for him anymore.

I reckon we missed him greatly during the preseason games. We’re playing a cooked rocky because we need an inside mid that much.

having said that I still believe both sides should move on next year.

it’s why we should be doing everything we can to get games into Drew now and testing atley.

I don't think we missed Ollie at all in the pre season games. On face value, we lacked a bit of ball winning at the stoppages compared to when Ollie is there. But on the flip side, the ball use coming out of stoppage was so much better without him involved. Dan Houston in particular adds a composed, skillful element to our midfield that has been lacking for a very, very long time. I think eventually Burton might be able to be a similar type of player. And Rozee obviously can pinch hit and have a real impact, as he did at times in the pre season games.

I don't think we missed Ollie at all in the pre season games. On face value, we lacked a bit of ball winning at the stoppages compared to when Ollie is there. But on the flip side, the ball use coming out of stoppage was so much better without him involved. Dan Houston in particular adds a composed, skillful element to our midfield that has been lacking for a very, very long time. I think eventually Burton might be able to be a similar type of player. And Rozee obviously can pinch hit and have a real impact, as he did at times in the pre season games.
I think you are being blinded by the two victories. Our midfield got CREAMED by the Dogs in the first half. Our mids were struggling big-time, so it was a real testament to them that they clawed their way back in. Yes Houston is good, but we needed Ollie in there, and it showed. things improved a bit when Drew came in fresh later on. But he was fresh, so still we shouldnt get carried away.

I reckon Ollie will play a very important part in our midfield this year if we want to play finals. Yes, we should also be giving Drew more games, and keep his development as a priority ... Give him another 12 months, and he will be the main main next year IMO

November 2012, Hinkleys first "game" as coach. Hartlett and Ebert the last 2 standing from that team.
694972f19673429be7cbde2b8200617c

WhyAlwaysMe was there.

Not many people can say they’ve seen their Aussie Rules club play on three continents.

WhyAlwaysMe was there.

Not many people can say they’ve seen their Aussie Rules club play on three continents.
Fun fact about that game. Chelsea Roffey was flown over to umpire but due to some flight delays/cancellations she almost didn't make it in time. Some umpire friends told people at the AFL I was there and I would of been in if she didn't make it in time.

Fun fact about that game. Chelsea Roffey was flown over to umpire but due to some flight delays/cancellations she almost didn't make it in time. Some umpire friends told people at the AFL I was there and I would of been in if she didn't make it in time.

It would’ve been like Gwyneth Paltrow just missing The Tube.

Amazing day. Took my grandsons along. Shook Keiths hand. Bobby Carlile was looking after the hand ball setup for the kids. Bennett Oval was imzcyls. Amaze balls. Amazing family day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall was a pass today with 2.2. I didn’t say they had to do every game, but needed to today. Marshall needed to do something as he has done nothing special for SEASONS.

Georgiades needed to do something amazing to prove he is worth gambling on as a first year player over playing Ladhams as second ruck, which he isn’t, as we saw today.

We need to play a second ruck not only to cover if an injury happens mid game, but to get AFL experience in so we aren’t left with an inexperienced ruck in general should any major injury happen to Lycett.

Ladhams has done his time in the SANFL and now needs AFL development. Georgiades needs to develop in the SANFL and prove himself before getting a crack at AFL.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bumping this as glad to see Ladhams and this structure, getting some love!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back