Training Pre-season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Players have 6 weeks off according to Ch7 today. Puts their return at mid-November (1st to 4th year players unclear at this stage).

I guess other then the guys staying on in WA for a bit or maybe some could get from WA to SA most players will be having not much to do. So back to training early.
Nah mandatory six week stand down regardless. Few blokes are staying on but not heaps. Certainly all the dads or near-dads are back.

Nah mandatory six week stand down regardless. Few blokes are staying on but not heaps. Certainly all the dads or near-dads are back.
It’s mandatory that they aren’t ordered back to training. But these blokes barely stop training. They’ll be plenty of training outside of the club arranged stuff.

Last edited:
It’s mandatory that they aren’t ordered back to training. But these blokes barley stop training. They’ll be plenty of training outside of the club arranged stuff.
Especially the blokes who didn’t make the GF team I imagine.

Who does everyone wanna play round one?

I'd love Geelong at the MCG on Friday Night, although I'm pretty sure the Dogs Usually play Collingwood on the Friday of round 1 most years so maybe the Saturday night instead.

Essendon or Geelong. Would love to play the Dogs though, unfurl the flag in front of them and get to soak up a bit of the feel of what the grand final/crowd-less top of the table clashes in R11/19 could have had. I know they normally hold off on playing the GF replay until later in the season to spread the hype but this is as good a time as any to break the trend IMO. If we win it’ll be epic for Swan St celebrations and if we lose we can just roll out the ‘maybe you should have won the one that counted’ taunts and the celebrations will be just as epic.

Either way it’ll get a bumper crowd.

I'd love Geelong at the MCG on Friday Night, although I'm pretty sure the Dogs Usually play Collingwood on the Friday of round 1 most years so maybe the Saturday night instead.

Definitely Essendon. They flogged us in 2000 so would be good to unfurl the flag in front of them. Plus they’re a big drawing club expected to improve next year, should get 75k plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting they people get so worked up over things like this that they need to respond. Pretty funny.
Everyone is so desperate to believe that our players are going to drink their own bath water and grow big heads and get found out and fall in a heap next year, can’t deal with any evidence which shows we might actually improve for the next 2-3 years and be even more dominant

Everyone is so desperate to believe that our players are going to drink their own bath water and grow big heads and get found out and fall in a heap next year, can’t deal with any evidence which shows we might actually improve for the next 2-3 years and be even more dominant
The culture has changed. The players are definitely as they say selfless. I’d be very surprised if we fell in a heap due to drinking our own bath water.

Geelong is a great shout if it’s not the Dogs. Would love to crush the Hawks in Mitchell’s first game in charge too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong is a great shout if it’s not the Dogs. Would love to crush the Hawks in Mitchell’s first game in charge too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne v Hawks round 1 would be a bit of a nostalgia hit.

If you can be nostalgic about us losing 80% of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back