Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon if the bar stays open till the last break he will be there with bells on

Only ever drink post game Bedders. And like you, never miss. Extremely important to support and be supported. Get together and share a beer and a yarn. Done it at the Gunn in your presence on quite a few occassions. Next time I might slip a maple leaf under your drink.

Sure. Let me know of an upcoming home game and I will come down for a half and write a report for you.
You seem to be travelling pretty well but I commend your leave no stone unturned approach.
Cheers Canada.

Good. I will pm the details. Can I ask , what is your footy background?

FWIW you would be the unluckiest team in VAFA history if you were relegated. Big games on that front this week with Hampton v OH and Brighton v Parky.

Had the pleasure of going to watch what I thought was going to be a good game of footy down at the wind farm near the beach. Very important for both sides in the scheme of things, but what I witnessed was nothing short of a dismal slog in a pigs sty of a ground. Full marks to OB who played better in those conditions, obviously used to them, but couldn't help but wonder how a ground who has supposedly had over a million spent on it has ended up like that. The boys from OB must be really p...d off that they have to front up to that every week, and by speaking to them socially afterwards, there is allot of anger. Surely someone has to be accountable for the stuff up to the ground, absolute debacle and a waste of money. I'm also told that there is a plan to try and rectify it as soon as the footy is finished, but then the cricket club has to miss out for the 1st part of their season or perhaps longer. Quote - '' Ted Bruce has gone mad, stark raving mad ''

Had the pleasure of going to watch what I thought was going to be a good game of footy down at the wind farm near the beach. Very important for both sides in the scheme of things, but what I witnessed was nothing short of a dismal slog in a pigs sty of a ground. Full marks to OB who played better in those conditions, obviously used to them, but couldn't help but wonder how a ground who has supposedly had over a million spent on it has ended up like that. The boys from OB must be really p...d off that they have to front up to that every week, and by speaking to them socially afterwards, there is allot of anger. Surely someone has to be accountable for the stuff up to the ground, absolute debacle and a waste of money. I'm also told that there is a plan to try and rectify it as soon as the footy is finished, but then the cricket club has to miss out for the 1st part of their season or perhaps longer. Quote - '' Ted Bruce has gone mad, stark raving mad ''

Ken Bruce

You think that ground is bad. It is Augusta National in comparison to the University oval. Millions spent on it and despite the huge amount of traffic (training and playing most days from April to September) some clown forgot to include drainage in the project works.

Home to a couple of the strongest clubs in the VAFA and a Premier cricket club and housed at one of the most prestigious educational facilities in the county and that is what they come up with.

Fair effort to stuff up drainage at a ground in that location, sitting on a sand dune and all. Do share the contractors' names so the Uni (Monash that is) can avoid them when the Frearson is re-shod at the end of the year!

Frearson has been horrible this year, but all due to the drainage packing it in after 10 years is my best guess.

Ashes v OB at OB in a few weeks with be the battle of the mud larks.

I believe the council is filthy on the contractors, absolute shithouse job. The cricket club went through a lot of pain last year having to play elsewhere and would nearly fall over if shifted again.
The problem with these grounds are that they spend millions of dollars to upgrade them (drainage, irrigation, warm season grass etc) but once these grounds are finished, they are handed back to the contractors and are not properly renovated (cored) after each season to maintain the high level of surface. These grounds remain heavily compacted, they are hard as a rock during dry periods and in most cases the water from rainfall doesn't in fact make it to the drainage in the ground. The water sits on top causing these grounds to turn into a bog after substantial rainfall. The contractors are reactive not proactive to doing works on these grounds.

You think that ground is bad. It is Augusta National in comparison to the University oval. Millions spent on it and despite the huge amount of traffic (training and playing most days from April to September) some clown forgot to include drainage in the project works.

Home to a couple of the strongest clubs in the VAFA and a Premier cricket club and housed at one of the most prestigious educational facilities in the county and that is what they come up with.

FWIW note to self don't hire a student of Agriculture from the University of Melbourne

I will be able to detail this in the report. But for now just a VAFA lover who has played and watched many a game.

Now Canada, an esteemed and distinguished club like ours does its due diligence before commissioning a report. I'm afraid we will need more information on your credentials ... I think you might be afraid to provide it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Canada, an esteemed and distinguished club like ours does its due diligence before commissioning a report. I'm afraid we will need more information on your credentials ... I think you might be afraid to provide it!

Hmm...esteemed and distinguished.
Distinguishable by being the only APS school old boys team in the mighty D Division.
I do need to keep my annonimity for political and security reasons on this forum.
But you will not be disappointed. I suggest you organise with the coach to have me do a pre game address if you can pull it off. Otherwise I will just watch the game and advise the suitable structure changes and game plan tweaking that will be required If you are to join the premier divisions.
Cheers Canada

Hmm...esteemed and distinguished.
Distinguishable by being the only APS school old boys team in the mighty D Division.
I do need to keep my annonimity for political and security reasons on this forum.
But you will not be disappointed. I suggest you organise with the coach to have me do a pre game address if you can pull it off. Otherwise I will just watch the game and advise the suitable structure changes and game plan tweaking that will be required If you are to join the premier divisions.
Cheers Canada

Ok..So I might have been stretching it a bit calling us "esteemed". You technically aren't correct though, as TGC is officially part of our club so they are another APS school in D grade. Remember , it wasn't that long ago Carey languished in the bottom grades as did Caulfield, who is only one above us.

I am sure the brains trust would welcome a well thought out report addressing our structural issues, from a legend of bigfooty.

Ok..So I might have been stretching it a bit calling us "esteemed". You technically aren't correct though, as TGC is officially part of our club so they are another APS school in D grade. Remember , it wasn't that long ago Carey languished in the bottom grades as did Caulfield, who is only one above us.

I am sure the brains trust would welcome a well thought out report addressing our structural issues, from a legend of bigfooty.

What is TGC?
APS is Brighton, Carey, Caul, Geelong x 2, Hail, Melbourne, St Kevs, Scotch, Wesley and Xavier.
I'm keen. Just need coaches OK to address players. It's important.

What is TGC?
APS is Brighton, Carey, Caul, Geelong x 2, Hail, Melbourne, St Kevs, Scotch, Wesley and Xavier.
The Geelong College, as they like to call themselves. I'm sure Nick Bourke would love another OX adoptee like himself inspiring his lads.

What is TGC?

Oh dear.. Canada might just have outed himself as a non aps person !

How could you not know that ?

Oh dear.. Canada might just have outed himself as a non aps person !

How could you not know that ?

I will actually wear this lack of TGC knowledge as a badge of distinction. Would have hated to have been aware of something so tragic as this. Im only upset that now I am aware of this acronym.
Ughh..

The problem with these grounds are that they spend millions of dollars to upgrade them (drainage, irrigation, warm season grass etc) but once these grounds are finished, they are handed back to the contractors and are not properly renovated (cored) after each season to maintain the high level of surface. These grounds remain heavily compacted, they are hard as a rock during dry periods and in most cases the water from rainfall doesn't in fact make it to the drainage in the ground. The water sits on top causing these grounds to turn into a bog after substantial rainfall. The contractors are reactive not proactive to doing works on these grounds.

There is a standard specification when you renew turf / grass to large ovals. There is also a standard method of laying stormwater and aggi drains respectively. The problem is that there is no quality control during the installation process by the project managers, council, or whoever, its left to the contractors and this is where it falls down. Proper contract administration should be applied and a period of defects liability imposed. These contractors have been getting away with it for too long and must be accountable. I feel sorry for the boys down at the beach, but hey its Brighton after all.

Heard a little rumour that Milne out for 2 weeks, suspended for Striking.

Anyone know anymore?

Was a Tom Hawkins love tap to the chin. No real force, but no real reason behind it either.

Similiar incident, Coll v Skobs.week before last. ..Skobs 22, (left hook) hit Tardif. He went down with a split eye, off for 12mins blood rule..
When the Umpire was questioned, why he wasnt reported? He simply said he didnt hit him hard enough.

So lets get this clear........... Player 22 drops Tardif and opens his eye up off 12 mins. Umpire conclusion, Yes he hit him but not hard enough.

...WTF!!!

Match of the day out at the Frearson tomorrow. If the ground is half decent I think Monash can get the job done but if it's a waterlogged slog it'll be touch and go. Hope it is dry as it would be great to see a Petering show. The kid is great to watch if he gets some space. His partnership with Headberry is building well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back