Premiership fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood fans after their last spent the next year assuming a flag gave them superior football knowledge than the rest of bigfooty.

Got old quick

Funny how everyone has different impressions on which club's supporters are the worst. I reckon Collingwood fans were one of the most gracious winning fanbases I've seen in my 10 years on bigfooty.

I hear Geelong fans brought up often, but I honestly think they're worse when they're not winning. I didn't find them too bad during their era, particularly considering how dominant their team was. My god they can sook when they aren't winning though, as they well and truly proved to everyone this year. We copped a fair bit of that sooking after knocking them over a few times in the finals.

Hawthorn fans are by far the worst winners on this site in my opinion and it's not even close. Bunch of fairweather supporters who jump on a successful club and then act like that success reflects on them personally as if they built the team themselves. They also seem to carry grudges if anyone ever dares suggest their GF opponents might have had a chance of winning, like they need constant validation of how awesome they are. I guess that's the psychology of a bandwagoner who chooses their team based on the desire to bask in the reflected glory of others. Always need to be told - or tell others - how good they are.

I haven't found Richmond fans too bad so far, especially when you consider how long they've been the butt of everyone's jokes on here. Noticed one or two who've already started that bullshit of posting the pic with the cup in multiple threads though. Nothing worse than when the winning fans post that pic in every single thread when it has no relevance to the topic being discussed.

Last edited:

Funny how everyone has different impressions on which club's supporters are the worst. I reckon Collingwood fans were one of the most gracious winning fanbases I've seen in my 10 years on bigfooty.

I hear Geelong fans brought up often, but I honestly think they're worse when they're not winning. I didn't find them too bad during their era, particularly considering how dominant their team was. My god they can sook when they aren't winning though, as they well and truly proved to everyone this year. We copped a fair bit of that sooking after knocking them over a few times in the finals.

Hawthorn fans are by far the worst winners on this site in my opinion and it's not even close. Bunch of fairweather supporters who jump on a successful club and then act like that success reflects on them personally as if they built the team themselves. They also seem to carry grudges if anyone ever dares suggest their GF opponents might have had a chance of winning, like they need constant validation of how awesome they are. I guess that's the psychology of a bandwagoner who chooses their team based on the desire to bask in the reflected glory of others. Always need to be told - or tell others - how good they are.

I haven't found Richmond fans too bad so far, especially when you consider how long they've been the butt of everyone's jokes on here. Noticed one or two who've already started that bullshit of posting the pic with the cup in multiple threads though. Nothing worse than when the winning fans post that pic in every single thread when it has no relevance to the topic being discussed.
Bloody bastards... Point them out to me I'll have a quiet word to them.
a64dc0e2091c2ece789c52b2c02dc426.jpg

Winning the flag last year made BF 1000% more tolerable as a Bulldogs supporter.

Richmond supporters will eat up negative threads and the irrationally upset people that are so aggrieved by their win.

So many flogs get sore because they can’t heap it on the same groups of supporters year after year. EAD.
When Cats won 2007 i thought on Bigfooty you were now above criticism

But doesnt work like that. In fact premiers cop just as much if not more

Fans get to enjoy the replay as much as they want, enjoy celebrations for a few days but what have they really gained? Life goes on as normal with no financial gain. Players and their families and those involved with the club benefit so the cheering fans are in effect happy for other people. Very generous, good on them.

Life isn't all about financial gain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I always read about the "arrogance" of Hawthorn supporters but if there's one group of supporters who deserve to praise their team all the time it's Hawthorn supporters. There's no better example of a winning culture in professional Australian sport, and after 4 flags in 10 years, you would all be pretty stoked if your team did it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I'm biased I don't know but I genuinely do feel by what I read on the main board and on the club forum that Collingwood supporters are one of the most level-headed fan bases on BigFooty.

When Cats won 2007 i thought on Bigfooty you were now above criticism

But doesnt work like that. In fact premiers cop just as much if not more

Yes, Bullodgs supporters have seen plenty of that over the last 12 months. But it’s still far better to be on the receiving end of all that salt than generating it.

So these Premiership things...where can you get them?

19 years on we at North never ever foget the Crows lampooning our club song after the 98 GF loss.

So it was with some chuckles we sat there in the last quarter watching Dusty seal the game to beat the best performed team of 2017, with echoes of 1998 ringing in North fams ears.

Toot toot...there goes the Karms Bus Crows fans.

I don't think people realise what just happened. An entire generation of Richmond supporters who have copped s**t endlessly from every clubs supporters for their entire lives all of a sudden, out of nowhere, are the premiers and have bragging rights over everyone. We have a life time of 9th jokes, Tambling jokes, Fiora over Pavlich jokes, wooden spoon jokes, worse than Fitzroy jokes, less finals than Fitzroy jokes, lost a final to 9th jokes, where's Trent Jokes, 5 year plan jokes, bitchmond jokes, false dawn jokes.....

We remember the 13 straight losses to Geelong. We remember Carlton fans giving us s**t about their "annual round 1 percentage boost". We remember Essendon supporters giving us s**t after their drugged up players beat us is the dream time game. We remember Melbourne fans singing our song after we them beat them and handed them the spoon because they received picks 1 and 2. We remember Freo fans giving it to us when Mundy beat us after the siren (both times). We remember everyone giving us s**t when Karmichael Hunt beat us after the siren. And that's just the last 5-10 years.

Richmond supporters for the first time in their lives have a chance to give it back and there's nothing anyone can say in defence. Because Richmond are better than them. If anyone has a soft spot for us that will be gone in a few weeks. We are going to be the most insufferable mob of dickheads you've ever seen.

Can't be as bad as Collingwoods mob though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back