Training Preseason 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Port must switch up the magnets, says Trengove.
AFTER missing finals for two consecutive years, Port Adelaide big man Jackson Trengove says the club needs to make some serious positional changes.
The Power made finals in Ken Hinkley's first two years as coach and looked on the verge of an exciting era after its young squad pushed Hawthorn to the brink in the 2014 preliminary final.
Since then though, the club has finished ninth and 10th in disappointing campaigns.
Speaking to reporters at a charity car wash on Saturday, Trengove said something drastic needed to be done about the poor results.
"There are going to be some changes this year. We've got to change something. We weren't good enough last year and this year we're changing it up, and so far it's working," Trengove said.
More ...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-18/port-must-switch-up-the-magnets-says-trengove

Hamish Hartlett remains grateful to Travis Boak for his endless support at Port Adelaide
Against this image are the accounts of how Boak sought to keep Hartlett at Port Adelaide during the AFL trade period in October - and how they played golf at Grange immediately before Hartlett declared his intent to stay with the Power.
“Travis was phenomenal with his support for me throughout the whole trade question,” Hartlett said. “He said, ‘Mate, I don’t want you to go. I want you to stay at this footy club - I need you, this club needs you.’
“He was supporting me the whole way.”
More..
Pay wall
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/ae72f1e43a98601be3a9505497a23baa

Thats awesome.. But also awkward. Coaches want you out but the players want you to stay...hope he has a huge year.

Thats awesome.. But also awkward. Coaches want you out but the players want you to stay...hope he has a huge year.
That is not what has been reported. Ken H has said he personally wanted Hammer to stay, and was glad he didnt go. He was not targeted as an "unwanted" player, but as one of many who list management decided would be up for grabs if an offer came.
Did lol at this. So far it's working ... in a best v rest intra club practice match :p
Yep, and what about the dozens of match simulations and drills we havent seen?

Seriously what else was Ken going to say? Hardly "yeah it was unfortunate we couldn't trade Hamish as we really felt he was reasonable bait" of course he's going to come out and say he's a required player.
Thats is your twisted view on it ... doesnt make it fact! What I heard sounded genuine ... Your take? - pulled straight from your bum!

He's not Chris Judd, I don't think we were ever going to get two top ten picks for him. Would've been lucky to get one.
At best, we would've got Pick 19, which then translated into Pick 22, the first pick of the second round, similar to what the Crows got when they traded Bernie Vince to Melbourne. Essendon used that pick on Jordan Ridley. We definitely would've missed out on Sam Powell-Pepper.

At best, we would've got Pick 19, which then translated into Pick 22, the first pick of the second round, similar to what the Crows got when they traded Bernie Vince to Melbourne. Essendon used that pick on Jordan Ridley. We definitely would've missed out on Sam Powell-Pepper.

Well who knows? If he wasn't balls deep in a multi-year deal and thus a little more flexible in terms of destination we could've snaffled one of GC's top ten picks. They were reportedly very keen for mature talent with JOM and Prestia on the move.

But two top tens is rolled gold superstar territory and Hammer certainly doesn't carry that passport. Not yet anyway (I still have a faint glimmer of hope!).

Does anyone know when the tickets for Round 1 go on sale? (I don't know where else to put this question and this is a busy thread)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard’s midfield move key to Port’s improvement
TWO-TIME All Australian Chad Wingard can elevate himself to another level with a move into the midfield according to Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley.
In his first 107 games, Wingard stamped himself on the competition as a superb forward kicking at least 38 goals a season in the past four years.
However Hinkley remains excited at what being able to use the precocious 23-year-old as both a midfielder and a forward might mean for the team's performance.
"I hope that he can elevate himself again as a player because he is still a young player who is getting better," Hinkley told AFL.com.au.
"We get a bit excited by what that might look like [and] what that limit is I don't know."
More..
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-26/wingards-midfield-move-key-to-ports-improvement

Port Adelaide ruck-forward coach Brendon Lade wants to use Charlie Dixon in the ruck
New Power rucks-forwards coach Brendon Lade is challenging senior coach Ken Hinkley’s vow to keep 200cm Dixon at the goal front. And the 2004 Port Adelaide premiership player is leaning on his own experiences as a key forward to emphasise why Dixon should join Patrick Ryder and Jackson Trengove in the Power’s ruck battery this season.
“If you are not getting a touch as a forward, you can’t let him sit and rot (in attack) for the whole game,” Lade said in the post-match review with radio FIVEaa after Port Adelaide’s one-point loss to St Kilda in the JLT Community Series opener at Etihad Stadium.
More ...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...k/news-story/b1dbfa949a1dba1159123c7220315f4f
upload_2017-2-26_21-48-13.png
I think Brendon Lade might have something there ..

Port Adelaide ruck-forward coach Brendon Lade wants to use Charlie Dixon in the ruck
New Power rucks-forwards coach Brendon Lade is challenging senior coach Ken Hinkley’s vow to keep 200cm Dixon at the goal front. And the 2004 Port Adelaide premiership player is leaning on his own experiences as a key forward to emphasise why Dixon should join Patrick Ryder and Jackson Trengove in the Power’s ruck battery this season.
“If you are not getting a touch as a forward, you can’t let him sit and rot (in attack) for the whole game,” Lade said in the post-match review with radio FIVEaa after Port Adelaide’s one-point loss to St Kilda in the JLT Community Series opener at Etihad Stadium.
More ...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...k/news-story/b1dbfa949a1dba1159123c7220315f4f
View attachment 340400
I think Brendon Lade might have something there ..

This will be a good opportunity for us to find out if Hinkley is prepared to listen to and work with his assistants or just sticks to his ideas and does what he wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back