Preview 2022 Goodbye (To 2023) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope, not at all.
Well I said he would be ahead of Lycett. You said that means I think he's a top 10 ruck.

So obviously you just made a mistake.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I think it is absolutely unquestionable that we made a mistake in letting go of Ladhams. It likely cost us a chance at finals last year, and at 25 y.o. he would be our #1 ruck this year with many more to come. Playing a role that exactly fits what our coaches are seeking from the ruck role. The recruitment of Teakle who is nowhere near Ladhams' level, says it all. Ladhams may never become a top liner, but he is someone that given our list composition held value to us, and we gave him away as steak knives.

Well I said he would be ahead of Lycett. You said that means I think he's a top 10 ruck.

So obviously you just made a mistake.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I think it is absolutely unquestionable that we made a mistake in letting go of Ladhams. It likely cost us a chance at finals last year, and at 25 y.o. he would be our #1 ruck this year with many more to come. Playing a role that exactly fits what our coaches are seeking from the ruck role. The recruitment of Teakle who is nowhere near Ladhams' level, says it all. Ladhams may never become a top liner, but he is someone that given our list composition held value to us, and we gave him away as steak knives.
Ken will play Lycett as number 1 ruck until he's brown bread, Pete would still be a forward/second fiddle.

If ladhams could take a contested mark he would be dangerous.

Ladhams contest marks 2021 - 18

Lycett contested marks 2021 - 4

Ladhams contested marks for port Adelaide career- 28

Lycett contested marks for port Adelaide career - 20

I wouldn’t call Ladhams a good contested mark by any stretch, but he’s not even remotely close to lycett kinds of shite.

I wouldn’t call Ladhams a good contested mark by any stretch, but he’s not even remotely close to lycett kinds of shite.

jesus christ lycett ******* sucks.

why did we pretend west coasts backup b grader who happened to look vaguely competent in a flag was an actual quality ruckman?

Wasn't comparing the two...

I'm not a fan of Lycett and he has never really been a good mark. But those stats on Lycett are shocking!

why did we pretend west coasts backup b grader who happened to look vaguely competent in a flag was an actual quality ruckman?

West coast for all their ******* whinging about the afl got absolutely kissed on the dick by the compo as well.

Reportedly gets the same contract as a bunch of others have gotten that’s turned into a band 3 compo but eagles get band 2.

Could argue that there might be a fine line between band 2 and 3 and players just happened to fall either side of it but this article starting off with

“WEST Coast’s bid to negotiate a trade with Geelong for Tim Kelly has been boosted after it received excellent compensation following its call to not match the Power’s offer for Scott Lycett.” Says it all really.

Afl has proven it can’t be trusted with its secret herbs and spices. Maybe it was on the level, but gee it does look Suss in context. The afl definitely had an interest in helping Geelong get what they wanted with the media pressure on cats to let Kelly go.

In any case regardless the eagles made out like bandits, pick 20 for lycett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladhams is a s**t ruckman

But he is a damn good 200cm midfielder who pretends to be a ruckman
Well Lycett is a s**t ruckman and a s**t midfielder, so the above would still be good enough to be a walk up start for us.
In all this you need to remember Hinkley turns all ruckmen into fertiliser & always will.
3580C006-67D7-4CE5-915D-198B9897D243.jpeg

I guess we’ve got to wait and see with the ladhams trade to figure out if it was worth it or not. We used that pick upgrade as a stepping stone to trade up to get sinn. At this stage it’s not looking great, and although ladhams isn’t a world beater we are kidding ourselves if we don’t think ladhams would be a walk up start in our current line up.

We did try to get Grundy and he would’ve been nice but did we have the trade capital to lure him after the jhf and rioli trades? Not to mention it’s a big risk salary cap wise.

Geelong have got by okay in the past without a dominant ruckman.

Lycett gets first go, if it fails round 1 get hayes in. With finlayson still to come back and vinsentini showing promise, it’s not all doom and gloom.

I’m probably more worried about our dysfunctional forward line and leaky defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm glad Grundy wasn't interested he's aloof & exactly the sort that would turn into an SANFL potato overnight under Hinkley.

The reality is the Pete looks every bit a ruckmen until you actually put him at the centre bounce where he becomes a bit of a crab - In saying that I'd still prefer Pete over Lycett this year whilst working towards our next 1st ruck be it Hayes or someone else.

I guess we’ve got to wait and see with the ladhams trade to figure out if it was worth it or not. We used that pick upgrade as a stepping stone to trade up to get sinn. At this stage it’s not looking great, and although ladhams isn’t a world beater we are kidding ourselves if we don’t think ladhams would be a walk up start in our current line up.

We did try to get Grundy and he would’ve been nice but did we have the trade capital to lure him after the jhf and rioli trades? Not to mention it’s a big risk salary cap wise.

Geelong have got by okay in the past without a dominant ruckman.

Lycett gets first go, if it fails round 1 get hayes in. With finlayson still to come back and vinsentini showing promise, it’s not all doom and gloom.

I’m probably more worried about our dysfunctional forward line and leaky defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think we need to face the fact that Hayes cards are marked by Hinkley.

Cause he was an ex magpie and should take unders

Except we paid overs for reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back