Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some parts of the world have the same disasters over and over again.
It’s basically a way of life for people living in these places.
Even in Australia you know every year around this time Queensland going to have tropical cyclones and floods with some loss of life.
Gives something for the newspapers to put on there front pages apart from Harvey Norman.

I often complain about Adelaide weather never having any cool storms or super heavy rain like other states but watching nearly every other state go through epic flood, fire and storms it's a blessing how good we've got it.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some parts of the world have the same disasters over and over again.
It’s basically a way of life for people living in these places.
Even in Australia you know every year around this time Queensland going to have tropical cyclones and floods with some loss of life.
Gives something for the newspapers to put on there front pages as well as Harvey Norman.

FTFY

David Hutton should see if he can get his old man Deane to work some of this magic for Port. There's no optical illusion under Hinkley at Port. We don't win the big games or the big finals.

David Hutton should see if he can get his old man Deane to work some of this magic for Port. There's no optical illusion under Hinkley at Port. We don't win the big games or the big finals.

Maybe no optical illusion, but Hinkley has certainly hypnotised the PAFC board.

A lot of the owner drivers have to take on huge loans to buy their prime movers and re-mortgaging their house to upgrade. Think that might be the financial incentive for long haul drivers to stay in the game much longer than they should.

Barring a medical incident there is zero reason for the truckie to have not have seen the level crossing:

GCqY8m-boAAzMqz

I hope the items I ordered off Temu weren't in those spilled containers. I bought them just to see what the f*k some of them were.

Kevin Pearson, the 75 year old Queensland truck driver charged over a horrific crash that killed two train workers near South Australia's border with New South Wales appeared in the Port Pirie Magistrates Court today by video link.

The court heard Mr Pearson had been working as a truck driver for more than 50 years prior to the collision but had
recently only undertaken occasional work while both he and his wife received pensioner support payments. He has no significant prior driving offences.

The court heard the driver has prostate cancer and has other health issues he is dealing with.

The Court granted Mr Pearson unopposed bail on the condition that he reside at a caravan park in Port Pirie and report daily to police until his next court appearance in April.

Was talking to a truckie today who was delayed by the closure. He was saying how the two hour detour it adds to his trip means he has to pull over and have a seven hour break as he driving time within a 24 hour period ticks over a certain threshold. He's two hours away from home but then it becomes nine hours.

No excuse for trying to beat a train but I can imagine how annoying that could be.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

My family are all truck drivers... (Was great when I was a teenager and thought my dad was a w***er) dad came home I ****ed off.

But yeah if I'm just cruising along and a truck pulls up behind me I let him through... He has places to go ect... Where I will get to my camp site 30secs later.

Was talking to a truckie today who was delayed by the closure. He was saying how the two hour detour it adds to his trip means he has to pull over and have a seven hour break as he driving time within a 24 hour period ticks over a certain threshold. He's two hours away from home but then it becomes nine hours.

No excuse for trying to beat a train but I can imagine how annoying that could be.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Surely he could have had that break beforehand and been more alert when he was approaching the crossing.
At 75 years old you would know you are well over the time driving something as massive and dangerous as that.
I can see it now, his defense will come out with he has had lung cancer before and is now fighting prostate cancer and is on a pension.
The only wheel he should be behind is a mobility scooter.

For me it’s total negligence on his part and the company he works for.
I don’t give a fk how old he is, two people are dead because of his negligence but as normal in this country he will get off with a nothing sentence.
Should spend the rest of his life in jail but taking age and health into it that won’t happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back