Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get PISSED OFF when I pick up my can and it's stuck to the coaster. So annoying. I WILL stain this table out of spite

Condensation is definitely the publican’s fault.

Having an appointment with a psychologist yesty about autism assessment and diagnosis for our daughter. She's going in to if there's any family history and we're like no, no. Then she looks at me and like 'you're exhibiting traits edgie' and I'm like, wtf. How rude. I'm not the one on trial here.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Having an appointment with a psychologist yesty about autism assessment and diagnosis for our daughter. She's going in to if there's any family history and we're like no, no. Then she looks at me and like 'you're exhibiting traits edgie' and I'm like, wtf. How rude. I'm not the one on trial here.

Sarcasm used to run in our family: I'd do what I thought was a good drawing and be told, "I think you're more autistic than artistic." I didn't know what that meant, but I figured it wasn't good.

Very unprofessional at the least on her part.
For someone in that position she definitely lacks people skills.
Even I could have put that in a way that would have not caused distress for you and I’m not a trained Psychologist.

Very unprofessional at the least on her part.
For someone in that position she definitely lacks people skills.
Even I could have put that in a way that would have not caused distress for you and I’m not a trained Psychologist.
Surely it's clear to everybody on here that Edgie has some sort of personality disorder?

Carn, youve gotta have suspected at least lol.

Doesn't mean you have to get a proper diagnosis or anything, if you're happy living your life the way it is then no worries, but edgie being on the autism spectrum would be the least surprising diagnosis of all time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carn, youve gotta have suspected at least lol.

Doesn't mean you have to get a proper diagnosis or anything, if you're happy living your life the way it is then no worries, but edgie being on the autism spectrum would be the least surprising diagnosis of all time
Is their financial impetus to be a member of (au)tism?

Is their financial impetus to be a member of (au)tism?

There's not, and it is a spectrum and a lot of people function just fine undiagnosed anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

But yeah, it's just neurodiversity and some people's brains working slightly different than others. I wouldn't be offended by it, but yeah the psych probably could have hidden the reaction a bit better.

My Mrs said I have autistic traits the other day...

I'm like no... I'm just a dick head.

Kids these days all seem to have issues...

My lad has autism.
My youngest has sensory issues.
My oldest has a tick (only when she is stressed)

They can be a handful at times specially the lad and youngest.

There's not, and it is a spectrum and a lot of people function just fine undiagnosed anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

But yeah, it's just neurodiversity and some people's brains working slightly different than others. I wouldn't be offended by it, but yeah the psych probably could have hidden the reaction a bit better.
I'm not offended. She went on about how on the really olden days autistic traits were useful and contributed to tribal life. Modern society however isn't like that anymore and tries to squeeze everyone in a box.

My lad has autism.

Heard that autistic traits are more common with older parents.. most people are having kids at an older age now because they're to ****ed by the economy to afford them until they're late 30s. So it makes sense if it's increasing, plus we're better at identifying stuff rather than just going nah that kids just a s**t who doesn't listen.

I'll be team no kids for life though

My lad has autism.

Tell the Mrs you just enjoy Easter

Heard that autistic traits are more common with older parents.. most people are having kids at an older age now because they're to ****ed by the economy to afford them until they're late 30s. So it makes sense if it's increasing, plus we're better at identifying stuff rather than just going nah that kids just a s**t who doesn't listen.

Lol more like mid 20s recreational time has never been higher. Overseas holidays, the festival circuit, van life, four wheel drives... Quite frankly I don't know any older generations who did that stuff so regularly prior to conceiving children.

Amazing how many kids are allergic to all sorts of things these days.
Lactose intolerant, Gluten and everything under the sun.
People did have better eating habits in the old days but not everything I ate and drunk as a kid was good for you, especially the Adelaide water.

I still believe some of these so called problems kids have are more related to poor parenting than the child’s mental state.
I know people that have kids I wouldn’t let them look after my Dog.

Amazing how many kids are allergic to all sorts of things these days.
Lactose intolerant, Gluten and everything under the sun.
People did have better eating habits in the old days but not everything I ate and drunk as a kid was good for you, especially the Adelaide water.
No, they were just sickly or always had the shits.
Similar with the neuro diagnoses, back in the day they were just ignored, bullied or dropped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back