Preview 2022 Goodbye (To 2023) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy being afforded every conceivable opportunity, played in your preferred position despite needs of the team, have a game plan devised to accommodate your deficiencies and still be an average footballer.
But this isn't true. He's a s**t wrestler, and performs much better when is allowed to be mobile, rather than anchoring a pile of 6 defenders and slapping the ball to the ground.

But this isn't true. He's a s**t wrestler, and performs much better when is allowed to be mobile, rather than anchoring a pile of 6 defenders and slapping the ball to the ground.
Maybe. I'd question 'much better'. The whole bring the ball to ground is off the back of Dixon's inability to get separation from his opponent, lead, time his leads, mark and kick goals.
Career average 1.6 goals
Comparison with a few of the better forwards in the last 10 years

J Riewoldt 2.3
T Hawkins 2.2
J Kennedy 2.47
L Franklin 3.07
T Walker 2.47

Ol' Donuts himself told Charlie he has AT LEAST 2 -3 AFL seasons left in him which is ridiculous. I don't generally like to judge players because Hinkley is such a sh*t coach, but I think Charlie is overrated and I wanted him traded his last contract.

Last edited:
Maybe. I'd question 'much better'. The whole bring the ball to ground is off the back of Dixon's inability to get separation from his opponent, lead, time his leads, mark and kick goals.
Career average 1.6 goals

J Riewoldt 2.3
T Hawkins 2.2
J Kennedy 2.47
L Franklin 3.07
T Walker 2.47

Ol' Donuts himself told Charlie he has AT LEAST 2 -3 AFL seasons left in him which is ridiculous. I don't generally like to judge players because Hinkley is such a sh*t coach, but I think Charlie is way overrated and I wanted him traded his last contract.
Dixon is a very good player help back by a really poor coach who’s entire game plan is bomb it long to Charlie, who as a result has had be beat multiple opponents most contests.

Outside his AA year and maybe 2017, he certainly didn’t improve on his GC years, despite being in a much better side with better players around him and more opportunities.

Career average 1.6 goals

J Riewoldt 2.3
T Hawkins 2.2
J Kennedy 2.47
L Franklin 3.07
T Walker 2.47

Ol' Donuts himself told Charlie he has AT LEAST 2 -3 AFL seasons left in him which is ridiculous. I don't generally like to judge players because Hinkley is such a sh*t coach, but I think Charlie is way overrated and I wanted him traded his last contract.
By comparison, Schulz was 1.7 goals per game over his career, and 2.2 goals per game over his 123 games for Port.

Dixon just for his time at Port is 1.77 goals per game over 120 games.

So Schulzy is 0.4 goals per game better off than Dixon over almost an identical number of games in a Port guernsey. It's around 9 goals off better a season.

By comparison, Schulz was 1.7 goals per game over his career, and 2.2 goals per game over his 123 games for Port.

Dixon just for his time at Port is 1.77 goals per game over 120 games.

So Schulzy is 0.4 goals per game better off than Dixon over almost an identical number of games in a Port guernsey. It's around 9 goals off better a season.
Absolutely loved Jay Schulz. I'd argue playing in Port's team from 2010 was a tad more challenging.

Absolutely loved Jay Schulz. I'd argue playing in Port's team from 2010 was a tad more challenging.
Me too. I'd consider him a much more effective forward than Dixon, not only for the goals he scored but because he led a much more open and efficient forward line. The forward group in 2013 and 2014 was electric at times.

Yeah, we were missing both of these players. That's the reason why we lost those three games.
Good teams don't lose to bottom 4 teams at home because they have two injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, not at all. However he is still a better ruck than Ladhams, and that is saying a lot because Lycett sucks. I would take Finlayson, Dixon and Teakle rucking all ahead of Ladhams.
Teakle has done nothing as a ruck. Ladhams at least dominated SANFL games.

I think I'd play Finlayson in defence. Aliir as the #1 fullback. Finlayson in Aliirs old role. He can rebound, has a nice kick and can take a mark. Mckenzie/Clurey as the 3rd until we see something from McCallum.

I like the idea of finlayson down back too. I’m not sure at full strength we can fit another tall with Dixon/Marshall/georgiades being the preferred attack but I think he is too good of a player to leave out. He can still pinch hit in the ruck but provide support in defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back