Primus officially Port coach

Remove this Banner Ad

same old crap we have to put up with, Primus is pretty much Choco jr

Relax dude. Whilst it might appear as the safe option, who's to say his ideas, presentations and overall coaching ability did not outshine that of the untried Chris Scott? Primus is a man who commands respect and is his own man, his late season record was good and the list is on the improve. Whilst it might appear we don't like outsiders down at Alberton, it is a strategy that has served us well, barring the board making the wrong decision about Choco last year. This is a crucial time for our footy club and I doubt the fact that Matty is a Port boy would have been th over riding factor.

Good luck to Primus , but I dare say there will be a lot of unhappy Port fans. Why don't they appoint someone who has NO ties to the club whatsoever? What is their obsession with giving the coaching jobs to strictly Port-affiliated people?

I truly hope (kind of) for Port's sake that it isn't the same old Port.

Easy option, Chris Scott is better.

lets have a look at the teams we beat when we went 5-2: Adelaide, Hawthorn, West Coast, Melbourne, Richmond.

Only one of those teams made finals and were pretenders all the rest had a horrible year. So well done PAFC this is exactly what Chocco was doing over the past 3 years and we will now continue to do so for the next 2-3

Good luck to Primus , but I dare say there will be a lot of unhappy Port fans. Why don't they appoint someone who has NO ties to the club whatsoever? What is their obsession with giving the coaching jobs to strictly Port-affiliated people?

I truly hope (kind of) for Port's sake that it isn't the same old Port.

100% agree, we should of got someone from outside Alberton. I can't even remember the last time we had a coach from the outside in our history.

And Papa, spot on about it being a safe option. That's why we will get nowhere in the next 3 years imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree, we should of got someone from outside Alberton. I can't even remember the last time we had a coach from the outside in our history.

And Papa, spot on about it being a safe option. That's why we will get nowhere in the next 3 years imo.

Just a bloke we pinched from West Adelaide called Fos Williams, and we know how that turned out.

He doesn't know - but there's more evidence supporting Primus than Scott, as Primus HAS now coached and had a 5-2 record.

He's willing to see how it goes next year, unlike you who is jumping off because you've cracked a hissy fit over a decision you weren't privy to the selection process.

And yeah, Port rarely goes outside its own family. How unsuccessful that has been for the club (oh wait... how many premierships?).

Easy option, Chris Scott is better.

lets have a look at the teams we beat when we went 5-2: Adelaide, Hawthorn, West Coast, Melbourne, Richmond.

Only one of those teams made finals and were pretenders all the rest had a horrible year. So well done PAFC this is exactly what Chocco was doing over the past 3 years and we will now continue to do so for the next 2-3
The two teams you lost to were in the Top 4, and one of those was in the week that he took over... Surely you couldn't have expected to beat them?

Primus did about as well as anybody could be expected to in the 7 weeks he had as head coach... If quality performance as head coach of the very side you're going for the job with doesn't serve as a good enough audition, then I don't know what would make you think anyone else is good enough either.

Chris Scott is TOTALLY unproven, and even if you want to judge him from Brad Scott's work (which would be ridiculous), Brad Scott didn't really do all that much differently to Primus in his first year with North.

But you don't actually know any of this yet guys. You may disagree with the decision, but you actually have no idea on how Primus' coaching will differ from Choco. Wait and see, and then bag, pls.

I was split on the inside/outside influence factor, but am satisfied the process undertaken was properly completed.

people wonder why many think our club has been in joke mode since 2005. first page of this thread and it's nothing but laughable infighting. "chris scott is better" "why?" "well why is primus better?" are you serious? we look like fools.

Good luck to Mattress.

Like who?

Mark Neeld was going for the job and he's done a superb job with the Collingwood midfield this year, not to mention the record of coaches who have spent time under Malthouse (Laidley, Scott, McKenna). Glad he's sticking with us for finals, but I think he'd be a better senior coach than Primus.

people wonder why many think our club has been in joke mode since 2005. first page of this thread and it's nothing but laughable infighting. "chris scott is better" "why?" "well why is primus better?" are you serious? we look like fools.

Good luck to Mattress.

Our club is a joke because we always take the easy option, this is no different :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back