News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

If at the end of this review process Pyke is the only head to go just stop supporting this franchise.

They don’t deserve it. Honestly.

They have one opportunity to get this right and don’t deserve any more second chances.

Forget loyalty, if you’re game then jump ship. If you’re not then find a new sport.

That's because people have no faith in the club's administration and rightly so. I'll remind you, this club hired Brett Burton as a fitness manager after he destroyed Brisbane's list with injuries. Chris Fagan said when he got to the Lions they had 25 out of 37 listed players in rehab and that flushing out their fitness/medical dept was the most important step he made to improving that side.

How can you expect us to have any faith in our admin when they hire people who are blatantly incompetent? How can you be so sure they will kick Burton to the kerb when they allowed him to wreck our list with injury in 2018 and he got off scott-free?

Where have you been? The club is finally under the blow torch and change is rightly coming, isn't that pretty clear?

Chapman seems to me like a bad politician.

Why is it so hard for people in positions of power to admit error.

Just say we have had significant problems over the past two years.

Just say the club is not in good shape and we want to fix it.

Just say we made some huge mistakes.

People respond to honesty and self-reflection.

But instead we get bullshit that everyone can see through. Boggles my mind.

I am staggered at the sheer number of posters in this thread rushing to say Burton is staying.

There is no way he survives a review where most players say in their interview that they hate him, there is absolutely no way he survives a review.

We didn't think our Chairman would survive two years of draft sanctions (and fines and suspensions) either but here we are.

Fagan is the advisor and Dunstall is the chair, do you really think Jason is going to allow Rob to interfere, particularly if the players are saying a completely different view from Chappys ??
I’ll be happy to eat my words and be wrong but honestly I think Chapman and the board have more power than you think.

But instead we get bulls**t that everyone can see through. Boggles my mind.
All of that summed up in one word: Responsibility

And the lack of wanting to man up and take some.

Where have you been? The club is finally under the blow torch and change is rightly coming, isn't that pretty clear?

Where have you been?

How many times have the club committed to one thing then done another?

They’re already smashing the PR narrative that they don’t expect much more change on the back of the review now that Pyke is gone.

Remember that this external review provides discretionary recommendations that the board can choose to accept or reject.

Until there is evidence of actual tangible change then the club has no right to be trusted.

One bloke falling on his sword before being made a scapegoat does not an overhaul make.

But instead we get bulls**t that everyone can see through. Boggles my mind.

He couldn't wait to point out how good the club is, how well everything is going. He did this multiple times, unprompted, often interrupting other questions being answered.

Why even bother speaking? Just keep quiet you pelican

Chapman on 5AA indicating he thinks the review will be wrapped up pretty quickly now that Pyke is gone.

Got the scapegoat, the outsider is gone, time to move on like they planned with everyone patting themselves on the back for a job well done.
I didn't listen to the interview, but someone confirm did he actually say that or is someone taking the piss

No. The only information we have about the review is whatever the club has said about it. Those in the media are merely spectators as well. There are signed NDAs. Nobody is leaking to Caro about a bloodbath at the Crows, now matter how much we might wish it were true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a side point, it seemed to me that Don was alluding to players not enjoying their football, and having to respond to things that were ‘complete fiction’. Even Twitter feeds like Trade Radio, which used to only report on actual trade scenarios happening, is now full of sensationalist SEN trade rumours. The media is turning to garbage tabloid articles where basically anything can be said without fear of repercussions. When will ‘journalists’ and media commentators be held to account? Some of the the stuff that gets into the mainstream is born from these forums. I don’t see BF as being the problem, I see the pulling of random thought-farts from here by the mainstream and them trying to put lipstick on a pig with some credibility. It started to get toxic a few years ago, but it’s a full blown epidemic now.

When do we get back to watching footy, and commenting on player performance and development, instead of buying into bullsh!t clickbait gossip...?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ll be happy to eat my words and be wrong but honestly I think Chapman and the board have more power than you think.
Possibly, but do you risk player mutiny if you don't make changes the players want.

This club continuously believes its fans want to play finals regularly and are happy enough with that but actually we all desperately crave a premiership and wouldn't at all mind to see the club rebulid which would mean a couple of seasons at the very bottom (see West Coast model) this 5th-10th position we seem to live in is just not acceptable and doesn't give us the currency needed to build a great team.

Where have you been?

How many times have the club committed to one thing then done another?

They’re already smashing the PR narrative that they don’t expect much more change on the back of the review now that Pyke is gone.

Remember that this external review provides discretionary recommendations that the board can choose to accept or reject.

Until there is evidence of actual tangible change then the club has no right to be trusted.

One bloke falling on his sword before being made a scapegoat does not an overhaul make.

Do you think there will be no other people moved on? Genuine question.

I would be more than comfortable with Scott Burns as our new coach. Good rep + has worked under some very good coaches at very good clubs.
If he's the best man for the job then sure, just saying there has to be a reason he's failed so many times.

People who care claiming that this is evidence that fans won't tolerate rebuilding (and are somehow therefore to blame) are being dishonest.

This isnt 'we suck because we rebuilt'. This is 'we suck despite refusing to rebuild'. We threw everything we had at that eighth place finish, and sucked too much to get there despite a soft as s**t draw and a great run with injury.

Do you think there will be no other people moved on? Genuine question.

Honestly?

I’m genuinely not sure any more.

If it was a legitimate review then I’d think it impossible for others not to go.

The fact that this club is masterful at riding out controversy to protect the boys leaves me with little to no faith whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back