QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Redcliffe Tigers doing it tuff after being flooded yet again. What if every club in the competition held a small fundraiser like a raffle or BBQ and donated the proceeds to the Tigers to assist them to get back on track. Without strong opposition there is no strong competition.

Great idea. Poor bastards cop it every year. Maybe the need to consider a relocation to avoid ongoing problems.

Great idea. Poor bastards cop it every year. Maybe the need to consider a relocation to avoid ongoing problems.
Redcliffe council are currently working on new bridges and better flow for the small tidal creeks that surround the Tigers ground. Considering the creeks swell with the slightest amount of rain its well over due.
Project has been going for ages, but once finished hopefully it stops future flooding for the tigers. Make it a lot easier for us in the long run!

Redcliffe council are currently working on new bridges and better flow for the small tidal creeks that surround the Tigers ground. Considering the creeks swell with the slightest amount of rain its well over due.
Project has been going for ages, but once finished hopefully it stops future flooding for the tigers. Make it a lot easier for us in the long run!

Hopefully they pull their finger out at Council level and make it a priority, it is a disgrace they haven't done it already if that is the case.

Should be some cracking games this weekend. Will give us a good idea of where teams are at I think.
Other than Ipswich vs the buffs, which you would think Ipswich should win, the rest could all be pretty interesting games
Moorooka vs Suns should be a beauty (Moorooka in a tight one)
How well will Bond travel going all the way to Redcliffe (Bond favourites but will the travel impact them)
Which Vicky Point team shows up for an away to Park Ridge (park ridge should win but the Vicky point team could surprise)
finally Pine River after a two week rest travel to Wynnum (not biased here...much but Wynnum to hit back after a disappointing game against Moorooka)

Should be some awesome footy! Have fun everyone!
Yes Macman I concur there will be some great games this week, Tigers and Bond should be a cracker I'm tipping the Tigers. Roosters V Suns prob match of the round, Roosters should go in favorites only lost one game in two years and will be too strong for the new boys. Pirates too good for Vic Point. The battle of the winless Eagles V Buffs, Eagles just. Wynnum to deliver more bad news to the struggling Swans by 10 goals

Tigers will not be playing at home this weekend. Have heard it on good authority ground will not be opened until next week. Surroundings are not in good shape and there is or was a shipping container sitting against the light pole.:(:cry:

Tigers will not be playing at home this weekend. Have heard it on good authority ground will not be opened until next week. Surroundings are not in good shape and there is or was a shipping container sitting against the light pole.:(:cry:
Poor old tigers can't take a trick. I wonder if they are transferring to Bond so at least Tigers can get some return revenue from a home game later in the year. Haven't heard if the olive branch has come out from Swans yet to play the next encounter between the 2 sides at Redcliffe seeing they lost the revenue from ANZAC day clash? Surely in light of that and recent flooding it would be great gesture and go some way towards rectifying current strained relations.

Word has it that Big Josh from the Suns has been given an ultimatum by his Mrs, get a kick or move out! Apparently even his two toddlers are refusing to attend daycare cos of the flack they're coppin'. Time to front up big fella n this weekend would be a good time to do so...........

logan by 19 points

Viccy point by 21 points

Redcliffe by 7 points

Ipswich by 51 points

Wynumm by 33 points ( if pine show up)

Good luck to all teams

Played a bit of high level footy Petro Chelli?
No mate, I'm just an old fella who's career gets better with every passing year. Like I said, I love that you guys are playin' our great game n I love your passion. It is what it is tho mate, and awesome footy its not, get a grip. Spent 17 seasons playin' SQAFA/BAFL mate, 200-odd A grade games if you want some credentials. Never got ahead of myself tho, unlike some of the "champs" in this forum. You're playin' footy son, enjoy it n lap it up while you can, but if you were playin' "awesome" footy you wouldn't be on this forum, you'd be up a division or three.

Yeah surely Bond can play this game at home then at Redcliffe next time. Bond's field should be available (unless soccer is on) and i think they've had a few away games in a row anyway.

Suns by 12
Pirates by 49
Eagles by 10
Bond by 29
Wynnum by 20

No mate, I'm just an old fella who's career gets better with every passing year. Like I said, I love that you guys are playin' our great game n I love your passion. It is what it is tho mate, and awesome footy its not, get a grip. Spent 17 seasons playin' SQAFA/BAFL mate, 200-odd A grade games if you want some credentials. Never got ahead of myself tho, unlike some of the "champs" in this forum. You're playin' footy son, enjoy it n lap it up while you can, but if you were playin' "awesome" footy you wouldn't be on this forum, you'd be up a division or three.
Wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow very similar to my footy resume except I played 300 odd games of vfl . And won a couple of Brownlow medals and 8 consecutive club b and f awards . But now I just like to ridicule guys having a go in my spare time .

U idiot go Polish ure trophies or something

So you have never played s decent standard yourself, is that what you are saying? Because I think the Leagues you mentioned you played in were both low levels of footy anyway? So how would you know what awesome footy is if you haven't even played at the level that you are stating is supposably better than ours? I think we should start an award for the w***er of the Week (WOW Award). Whoever makes the most stupid or ridiculous comment. I think we take nominations up until Friday and make announcements every Friday. So far you are leading the charge this week Petro.

Wow very similar to my footy resume except I played 300 odd games of vfl . And won a couple of Brownlow medals and 8 consecutive club b and f awards . But now I just like to ridicule guys having a go in my spare time .

U idiot go Polish ure trophies or something
You're the one they're all talkin' about then, you are an awesome footballer Kcab.

So you have never played s decent standard yourself, is that what you are saying? Because I think the Leagues you mentioned you played in were both low levels of footy anyway? So how would you know what awesome footy is if you haven't even played at the level that you are stating is supposably better than ours? I think we should start an award for the ****** of the Week (WOW Award). Whoever makes the most stupid or ridiculous comment. I think we take nominations up until Friday and make announcements every Friday. So far you are leading the charge this week Petro.
Awesome response Blocker but I'd expect nuthin' less from a bloke with that moniker. I agree with you Princess, I didn't play at the highest level n have never pretended or claimed to have done so. Never felt the need to but back in those days we never had computers n "awesome" wasn't such a common or mis-used word. Get over it precious, enjoy your footy champ.

Awesome response Blocker but I'd expect nuthin' less from a bloke with that moniker. I agree with you Princess, I didn't play at the highest level n have never pretended or claimed to have done so. Never felt the need to but back in those days we never had computers n "awesome" wasn't such a common or mis-used word. Get over it precious, enjoy your footy champ.
princess and champ in the one sentence Petro, that must have taken some time to think up response. Still in front for the WOW Award this week mate.

Hopefully they pull their finger out at Council level and make it a priority, it is a disgrace they haven't done it already if that is the case.
Yeah i know mate, getting pretty ridicules. Talking to the contractors a
Poor old tigers can't take a trick. I wonder if they are transferring to Bond so at least Tigers can get some return revenue from a home game later in the year. Haven't heard if the olive branch has come out from Swans yet to play the next encounter between the 2 sides at Redcliffe seeing they lost the revenue from ANZAC day clash? Surely in light of that and recent flooding it would be great gesture and go some way towards rectifying current strained relations.
Hopefully this is the last flooding for the season! Ground still recovering from last weekend, with some luck we will have a ground to train on by next week. Moreton Bay lions have gifted us with there second ground this weekend, also with the privileges of running a sausage sizzles to help with the revenue loss from the Swans forfeit, and of course the copious amounts of damage caused by the flooding.

IPSWICH 40
GM 2 Goals
Tigers 20
Wynum - Get the 4 points due to Swans forfeit
Pirates 30

Apparently "buzz" gun GM's reserve coach has lost his phone. If anyone finds it on here please contact him on FB. He loves Facebook
Yeah I tried to call him to tell him I found it, rude prick hasn't even called back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back