QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Lappin was born in '76 so would've been 39 last year.
39, 41, does that really matter ? He's still old and he still carved it up in quite a few games. The point is rooke is alot younger and will be an excellent acquisition for Labrador

I heard he went well and had a real physical presence down back and he had not lost his touch! Also heard there was an incident involving Labrador coach and morningside reserve coach! The morningside reserve coach was abusing players and the Labrador reserves playing coach during the game any one here of this??

He went and played in the GFL I think Thommo - knee not good enough to train 7 days per week and play at AFL level but good enough to train 2x/wk I would think. He was the first bloke to get that calves blood put in to speed up / heal his injury from memory.

i just remember that i loved him as a player - not a cats supporter - but gee I rated him as a tough bugger who had a good level of skill.

Footballers footballer is the vernacular!!

Yep. I hate the cats, but i loved Rooke. Absolute hardman. Loved the way he played

just had a look at the remaining draw have predicted the final ladder ( obviously subject to injuries )

1; PALM BEACH - 56
2; MAGPIES - 52
3; LABRADOR - 48
4; MORNINGSIDE - 48
5; SURFERS - 44

The Vultures to miss out on 42 .

Grand Final ... Palm Beach vs Labrador .
Winner ; Labrador

Just did a AUTO Pick in the Predictor and got this result
1, Palm Beach - 56
2, Morningside - 52
3, Labrador - 48
4, Western Magpies - 48
5, Mt Gravatt - 44

I heard he went well and had a real physical presence down back and he had not lost his touch! Also heard there was an incident involving Labrador coach and morningside reserve coach! The morningside reserve coach was abusing players and the Labrador reserves playing coach during the game any one here of this??
Better get yr facts right first.

Yeh. I don't support people throwing physical punches.
I hope you don't support that.

I don't support people throwing physical punches either, sometimes there is provocation and retaliation in which case I understand the odd punch being thrown but on the whole I don't support violence in footy, go and do UFC if you want to be a tough guy.

Still doesn't answer my original question though, do you support imbeciles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible game at Chelmer.

Magpies goaless for 2.5 quarters. Staker down with an ankle in the first and they looked cooked.

Then absolutely dominated and really should have won, but lost by 2 points. Absolutely camped in their forward 50 for the last 20 minutes, Labrador couldn't get past halfway. But kicked 2.5 to 0.1 in the final quarter to miss out.

Incredible game at Chelmer.

Magpies goaless for 2.5 quarters. Staker down with an ankle in the first and they looked cooked.

Then absolutely dominated and really should have won, but lost by 2 points. Absolutely camped in their forward 50 for the last 20 minutes, Labrador couldn't get past halfway. But kicked 2.5 to 0.1 in the final quarter to miss out.

Sounds like a cracker in the wet!

Things getting really tight in the top 6 now with 4 games to play. Morningside from 2nd to 6th.

Some big games after the bye

Palmy v vultures

Lab v surfers

Will go a long way to shaping the finals

Anyone find it strange there has been 3 byes in the space of 2 months

Has there? Last bye was state game (June 3rd) and before that was start of May.

I think it's good they split the season up, from a players point of view. It's good to refresh. or go to splendour like I know a lot of guys will

I heard a funny (could've been tragic) story today about the magpies tigers game on the weekend. The siren went and Labrador player with the ball at the time threw it in the air in celebration and got pinged for throwing the ball, resulting in a long range shot on goal that would've won the game had it been kicked. Worrying that three umpires couldn't hear the siren that the crowd and players heard. With the ladder positions so tight, that sort of mistake could be very costly.

I heard a funny (could've been tragic) story today about the magpies tigers game on the weekend. The siren went and Labrador player with the ball at the time threw it in the air in celebration and got pinged for throwing the ball, resulting in a long range shot on goal that would've won the game had it been kicked. Worrying that three umpires couldn't hear the siren that the crowd and players heard. With the ladder positions so tight, that sort of mistake could be very costly.

Yeah true and lucky he didn't throw the ball up in the goalsquare but regardless of the siren the game continues until the umpires blow the whistle after hearing the siren & raise their arms.

I was there and couldn't quite work out what the free was for, so that makes a bit of sense.

He was 65m con goal in the mud, so it was no issue. But yes, lucky not in goalsquare!

Yeah true and lucky he didn't throw the ball up in the goalsquare but regardless of the siren the game continues until the umpires blow the whistle after hearing the siren & raise their arms.

Agreed but a bit of common sense by the umpires (x3) wouldn't have gone astray either.......

He didn't throw it in the air in an obvious celebration, do they weren't to know.

Not like a guy had clear possession and threw it in the air, it was a tight scrimmage (pretty much like the entire last quarter)

Siren is bloody loud at chelmer too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back