QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

footyfanatic1

Senior List
Jun 21, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
New year, newish comp now. No uni. Question is can Labrador do threepeat. Southport were the last to do it 17 years ago.

The QAFL is a good comp these days. Very even last year and expect the same again this season. Pre-season talk often makes fools of us all, we should do a prediction game.

Premiers: Labrador
Grogan: Hannaford
Leading goal kicker: Retzlaff
Most improved team: Wilston-Grange

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hannaford will get found out when he's not surrounded by kids that are no good, he's not as good as he thinks.

The way he shopped himself around the QAFL clubs, you would think Paddy Dangerfield was on the market. Was quietly laughed out of a few clubs due to some of his demands from what I hear!

SonnyNight

Draftee
May 2, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hannaford will get found out when he's not surrounded by kids that are no good, he's not as good as he thinks.

The way he shopped himself around the QAFL clubs, you would think Paddy Dangerfield was on the market. Was quietly laughed out of a few clubs due to some of his demands from what I hear!

Surely playing with guys like Brittain will help Hannaford's game, not hinder it?

By your logic mate, Paddy Dangerfield should have had a form slump heading to Geelong this year, and Gary Ablett only won his 2013 brownlow cos he was surrounded by "kids" at the Suns and not a good player??

Statsman05

Draftee
Mar 30, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hannaford a good chance to win the Grogan. Heard he's lighting up the new training track and is in good shape for Round 1.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle

I disagree, I reckon Hannaford will be a better around more quality players whom will take some attention away from him, he was heavily targeted/tagged by opposition teams last year as he was the only real dangerous midfielder for UQ.
He's a workhorse centremen & some outside mids/wingman could really benefit being around him, wouldn't surprise at all if he won the Grogan being in a team that wins games.
Not sure of his monetary value but he'd be a walk up start in ever QAFL teams midfield

Lifes a Beach1

Team Captain
Jul 17, 2013
Northcliffe
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Southport of 1997 - 2002 played in 6 Grand Finals in a row and won 4 premierships in a row 1997-2000, Morningside of 1990-1995 played in 5 grand Finals in a row for 3 premierships 1991,93,94. I concur with Thunderdoc, Morningside of 2008-10 and 2014,15 played in 5 grand finals in a row for 3 Premierships 2010, 14, 15.
This is very rare air and Labrador have a lot of work to do to earn the right to be compared to these sides as they are best of all time.

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a technicality to say we had a 3-peat 9/10/14.

Realistically, there were traditional QAFL sides that we much stronger than us in 11,12,13 so its a bit disingenous to say we won 3 straight.

Given Mounties were much stronger than us in 2011, and we won the spoon in 2012...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Mounties were the better side, had there actually been a premiership on offer - they were the best traditional club.

Playing off for the chance to lose by 100, obviously our guys had more desire to get belted the following week

May 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall has been training at labrador, will be interesting to see if they can convince him to play a few games.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back