Maroochydore
Morningside
Redlands
Noosa
Sherwood
Surfers
My Gravatt
Grange

That’s my guess! I know Maroochy have recruited beautifully and just always have the feeling that the Gold Coast clubs will be as strong as ever.Probably have even surfers too low as I’m hearing they are getting a few quality players from Darwin.My mob will be a tough proposition at home but will probably need time to find feet.Morningside always a contender,just going off others on this forum with Redlands,Sherwood always hard to beat andknow nothing about vultures.Grange have lost some real quality and will be young and developing again imo

Is t

Bull$hit

You might want to look in the mirror on the BS call there big fella....

I am not guessing but 100% certain that Retzy hasn’t taken a cent in 2019 and 2020, it may also have been the previous year also. Don’t need to justify it to you however it isn’t fair on a bloke who has been that selfless to have you sprouting lies for others to possibly believe on here.

I await your insightful response after skinful tonight.

I am not guessing but 100% certain that Retzy hasn’t taken a cent in 2019 and 2020, it may also have been the previous year also. Don’t need to justify it to you however it isn’t fair on a bloke who has been that selfless to have you sprouting lies for others to possibly believe on here.

New year and same Ablett knowing how much every club pays their players

Not even a Labrador Supporter But he is One great clubman and a hell of a nice guy.....And deserves to be paid and would walk into Any Qafl team

Boston and Baxter definitely got paid well at Grange. Baxter wanted to play at Broadbeach and did train there a couple of times. But Broadbeach were never prepared to pay that sort of money.

who in their right mind would drive from the GC to North Brisbane if not getting very good remuneration.

Match payment numbers on forums are always exaggerated.

With the current salary cap I’d be surprised if anybody is getting more than $250/$300 per game and I bet that’s about the number for retzlaff or maybe a little more, but not much.

as for Boston and Baxter I suspect they were the highest paid players in the comp last year (in a year where everyone was getting sweet f.a. they probably getting sweet f.a. + a little bit) but that doesn’t make it wrong. I know both were engaged in coaching activities at Grange and agree with judge when you are towards the bottom you have to have to take a bit of a punt.

Boston and Baxter definitely got paid well at Grange. Baxter wanted to play at Broadbeach and did train there a couple of times. But Broadbeach were never prepared to pay that sort of money.

who in their right mind would drive from the GC to North Brisbane if not getting very good remuneration.

its true Baxter lives near the Cats and had previously played there through Sharks alignment, looked at coming and also true that there was a gap between his expectation and what was on offer at Broady.

All fine. He (and Boston) worth more to Grange than Broady which makes sense when you look at the depth on each playing list

When I dished out the player payments at Labrador Retzlaff and Mills got $700 a game.

Never said Retzy isn’t a good fella nor deserves it but to say he hasn’t taken a cent in recent seasons is about as believable as COVID

When I dished out the player payments at Labrador Retzlaff and Mills got $700 a game.

Never said Retzy isn’t a good fella nor deserves it but to say he hasn’t taken a cent in recent seasons is about as believable as COVID

What you believe is up to you but stop with you’re lies.
You never dished out match payments at Labrador, the same person still does and it ain’t you big fella.

Both players deserve payments and would walk into broady

broady is just pissed they paid out lots last year and screwed up on the big day
They even bitched about the ground size lol
That fact was matty Payne was the diff
And they hate to admit this

Don’t let the truth get in the way off a good story. Your right both players are good players but was Boston worth the 7K Grange paid him? Also Baxter hadn’t played the previous year. And if you check your facts Boston got paid by a supporter not the club.

No doubt the league looked after Morningside the rule was whoever finished on top hosted the grand final it that region which meant the grand final should of been at Southport.

Don’t let the truth get in the way off a good story. Your right both players are good players but was Boston worth the 7K Grange paid him? Also Baxter hadn’t played the previous year. And if you check your facts Boston got paid by a supporter not the club.

No doubt the league looked after Morningside the rule was whoever finished on top hosted the grand final it that region which meant the grand final should of been at Southport.

Out of interest, which supporter would that be?

I'm not sure where the $7k figure comes from either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jude you go alright for yourself, wasn’t you was it. 😉

clubs can pay what they want as long as it’s inside the rules of the comp.

People are only having a go at Grange as they didn’t think is was worth it but if they had played finals would people be having a go at them maybe not.

Jude you go alright for yourself, wasn’t you was it. 😉

clubs can pay what they want as long as it’s inside the rules of the comp.

People are only having a go at Grange as they didn’t think is was worth it but if they had played finals would people be having a go at them maybe not.

No mate, it wasn't me and I'm sure I'd know if it had actually happened.

Anyway, like you say, if a club has supporters who tip money in to help with player payments there's no problem if the salary cap isn't breached, and we all know this has happened at various clubs over the years.

Its usually because the player inflates what they are getting when they talk to mates or shop themselves to other clubs, as the player in question is usually the source of the rumour. Boston shopped himself to at least 3 or 4 clubs, and the figure he gave them was $1k per game.

Whether he actually got that only he and Grange know, but thats where the rumour comes from.

He may have asked for $1k, and the highest bid was $100 given he looked like had swallowed 500 litres of Baskin and Robbins, the truth will be somewhere north of $500 you would think though. Good value if he played like he is capable, which he didn't.

I'm sure multiple people in each club are aware of players payments and I'm also sure some of those paid players have loose lips, particularly if they aren't invested in the club where the coin is coming from.

Judging by the ladder predictions thus far it looks like it is going to be another tough season for the Brisbane based clubs (excluding Morningside). Nothing like a surf beach to improve recruitment options.

I'm sure multiple people in each club are aware of players payments and I'm also sure some of those paid players have loose lips, particularly if they aren't invested in the club where the coin is coming from.

Judging by the ladder predictions thus far it looks like it is going to be another tough season for the Brisbane based clubs (excluding Morningside).

Nothing like a surf beach to improve recruitment options

This is 100% correct, now that we have 6 coastal clubs in the QAFL it's even harder for Brisbane clubs to attract interstate recruits.

Even if the money on offer is comparable living by the water is a much easier sell to southerners than suburbia, particularly to the wives/partners, and that's before ladder positions and list strength come into play.

In the past Morningside have at least had the advantage of a long history of success on top of being a well-run club, but the addition of Noosa and Maroochydore to the QAFL is going to have the same big impact on their recruiting as it already has had on the rest of the Brisbane clubs.

The Grand final would’ve been at Metricon if an AFL club wasn’t using it as a Hub, hence why Southport didn’t host it also.

Both players deserve payments and would walk into broady

broady is just pissed they paid out lots last year and screwed up on the big day
They even bitched about the ground size lol
That fact was matty Payne was the diff
And they hate to admit this

A team playing for the Jumper was the difference.......and Payne.......beat a bunch of individuals bar Searle

This is 100% correct, now that we have 6 coastal clubs in the QAFL it's even harder for Brisbane clubs to attract interstate recruits.

Even if the money on offer is comparable living by the water is a much easier sell to southerners than suburbia, particularly to the wives/partners, and that's before ladder positions and list strength come into play.

In the past Morningside have at least had the advantage of a long history of success on top of being a well-run club, but the addition of Noosa and Maroochydore to the QAFL is going to have the same big impact on their recruiting as it already has had on the rest of the Brisbane clubs.

half right, half wrong imo. The lure of living by the sea is fine.... if you have employment which is much easier to source in a capital city. BUT right now covid has created the totally unexpected scenario of rural towns all over Australia having a resurgence of which the sunshine coast is a major beneficiary. This has led to a building boom in the area meaning most builders are screaming out for tradesmen. Only tradies not busy are rubbish ones. I think Noosa people in particular will tell you that their economy fluctuates greatly and the playing personnel fluctuates with it. That clubs strength in recent years has been the locals, not the recruits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back