QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Boops, Are you Thommo? Just asking for a friend.
Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Noticed you liked this comment noosaboy... would want to hope your mob beat Sherwood this week.

I had the (dis)pleasure of watching Noosa vs Mt Gravatt on the weekend and while Mt Gravatt would honestly struggle beating the top half of Division 2 north, Noosa were surprisingly scrappy

Round 5 Results

The Matter that’s Stuff

Here are some more QAFL Scorigami references for Round 5, plus other potentially useless scraps of trivia:

Aspley 15-15-105 d Wilston Grange 10-8-68
This score has never occurred before.
I thought I would check to see how often a score of “15-15-105” has been registered. Turns out, this is the 75th time it has occurred.

Palm Beach Currumbin 11-6-72 d Maroochydore 6-8-44
This score has occurred once previously:
1928 R8: Mayne 11-6-72 d Brisbane-Valley 6-8-44 at Perry Park

Morningside 14-6-90 d Redland Victoria Point 8-8-56

Noosa 25-15-165 d Mt Gravatt 5-4-34
Mt Gravatt will continue to be the source of fascination for some people this year. I have been asked about consecutive 100+ point losses in the QAFL. It appears that Mt Gravatt currently holds that record with five. The only comparable club was Caloundra in 1990. During that season, the Panthers lost nine games by over 100 points. From Rounds 9 to 18, they lost 6 of their 7 games played by triple figure margins. Within this bracket of games, there were also two Byes and a Forfeit to Coorparoo.

Labrador 19-9-123 d Sherwood 10-4-64
This score has occurred once previously:
1999 R2: Labrador 18-15-123 d Broadbeach 9-10-64 at Merrimac

Surfers Paradise 14-13-97 d Broadbeach 8-5-53
This score has occurred two times previously:
1957 R9: Mayne 14-13-97 d Sandgate 8-5-53
2023 R19: Wilston Grange 15-7-97 d Labrador 7-11-53 at Hickey Park

*Grange at home v Broady.
Grange 1 win out of the top 6. Broady 1 win behind them. Could be Broadys last chance to stay in contention. Grange will need to be motivated for a win also.

*Palmy v Redland.
Will find out this week if PBC are worthy of the top spot.

*Lab v Aspley.
Labrador at home fighting to stay in the top 6. Can they again pull off an upset?

*Roos v Surfers
If theres a smokey this weekend, its Roos ambushing a travelling Surfers.

*Siders v MTG
Anyone for cricket?

*Sherwood v Noosa
Sherwood will have their hands full at home. Should be a great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grange
Redlands
Aspley
Surfers
Morningside
Sherwood
Sniffing a little upset at Sherwood are we Longy?

I see MtGravatt named no interchange players again this week in Ressies and only two on bench in Colts. Appear to be treading water with numbers?

Understand last week up the coast but playing locally this week. Not trying to bash them as they have 5 of our players over there so we playing our part, but Headquarters must be very nervous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back