QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate that would be tragic.
I still have hope that 2021 is going to be ok.

I think it’s more a cost factor from AFLQ. The AFL will be really tightening its belt at the highest level as they will be contending with ground and crowd restrictions if and when they ever get going, playing list cuts etc so it will impact all leagues across Australia.

With USA getting a positive case of the virus every 8 seconds and Europe out of control it’s going to take a long time before overseas travel is back on the agenda formost countries.

No matter how well we contain this virus the impact to every Australian is massive. Most sporting codes will be starting all over again.

I am hearing that Junior and Youth Footy could be effected or closed down until 2022?

The only footy any chance of remotely playing this year will be AFL. All other forms and levels of footy will be pushed to 2021 due to AFL resetting and getting on top of costs again.

That’s what I am hearing from a fairly senior footy person in Melbourne.

If it’s right there is a lot of pain ahead.

That would set the AFL back 10 years if they were to cancel next season for juniors. Just won’t happen.
I have it on very good authority that the AFL and the Aust Government are still pushing to restart the season in June. I know plenty will argue with me, but I am just passing on what was told to me last couple of days. AFL clubs could be back training in 5-6 weeks. They are prepared to play into November if need be. Every chance the T20 WC will be postponed until after Xmas so it won’t effect any games.
Now before anyone jumps on their soap box and tries to shut me down this has come from someone directly involved.

The AFL has so many programs they can streamline. I read somewhere the Geelong Falcons TAC Cup program has 50 paid staff either full time or part time. The NEAFL will die in its current form. Some of the good will community partnerships that the AFL contribute too will also be affected. They’re not going to suspend grassroots football for 2 years. That would be suicide to the competition.

Agree with everyone’s sentiments in regards to players being paid. I think that is spot on

I am hearing that Junior and Youth Footy could be effected or closed down until 2022?

The only footy any chance of remotely playing this year will be AFL. All other forms and levels of footy will be pushed to 2021 due to AFL resetting and getting on top of costs again.

yes I think u might be right from what I’ve heard too SM. And that junior footy scenario could be translated to senior footy imo as well worse case.

That would set the AFL back 10 years if they were to cancel next season for juniors. Just won’t happen.
I have it on very good authority that the AFL and the Aust Government are still pushing to restart the season in June. I know plenty will argue with me, but I am just passing on what was told to me last couple of days. AFL clubs could be back training in 5-6 weeks. They are prepared to play into November if need be. Every chance the T20 WC will be postponed until after Xmas so it won’t effect any games.
Now before anyone jumps on their soap box and tries to shut me down this has come from someone directly involved.

The AFL has so many programs they can streamline. I read somewhere the Geelong Falcons TAC Cup program has 50 paid staff either full time or part time. The NEAFL will die in its current form. Some of the good will community partnerships that the AFL contribute too will also be affected. They’re not going to suspend grassroots football for 2 years. That would be suicide to the competition.

Agree with everyone’s sentiments in regards to players being paid. I think that is spot on

Dont think anyone disagrees that AFL will do everything in its power to get back to playing in some way shape or form. Local footy is what we're worried about. Clear as day we're finished for 2020 and in jeopardy for 2021.

Dont think anyone disagrees that AFL will do everything in its power to get back to playing in some way shape or form. Local footy is what we're worried about. Clear as day we're finished for 2020 and in jeopardy for 2021.
2021 is in no jeopardy what’s so ever

Shutting down junior footy for two seasons because there's no money is absolutely mental! The quickest way to build the coffers back up will be to get kids playing again ASAP.

Your head is well and truly buried in the sand.

Really?? The game can’t afford to recess for 2 years. It would take 10-15 years to recover. It won’t happen. The curve is already flattening out. Not saying we’re on top of it but the signs are there that it maybe turning.

There is no hope in hell there won’t be football next year. I’ll grant you this year is 50/50 at best. Next season is not in any threat

Shutting down junior footy for two seasons because there's no money is absolutely mental! The quickest way to build the coffers back up will be to get kids playing again ASAP.

Not to mention the amount of kids that will be lost to the sport

Not to mention the amount of kids that will be lost to the sport

I think it’s more around the administration costs to run all the junior/youth footy across the state including organising umpires etc.

Think everything will be cut back to bare bones in all these departments from what was originally set up.

I don’t disagree it will be hard to digest but every sport will be in same boat. May also be aligned with Government requirements around keeping on top of virus.

Does seem over the top but only telling everyone what I have heard. I hope it’s wrong but we are miles away from being out of the woods.

I think it’s more around the administration costs to run all the junior/youth footy across the state including organising umpires etc.

Think everything will be cut back to bare bones in all these departments from what was originally set up.

I don’t disagree it will be hard to digest but every sport will be in same boat. May also be aligned with Government requirements around keeping on top of virus.

Does seem over the top but only telling everyone what I have heard. I hope it’s wrong but we are miles away from being out of the woods.

One thing to cut costs at admin level. It’s another to cancel football all together

If so could it be a good opportunity to start up a breakaway Comp like Kerry Packer did with Cricket.

Have Volunteers run the league, just like clubs do which will save allot of $$$$ on overpaid league staff, that deliver little.

I’m sure many involved deeply in their local club don’t believe the get good bang for back for the fees Clubs are forced to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you reckon 2020 is a 50/50 proposition you must be a mug punter.

You think we will or we won’t? I’ll take the odds we will see footy again this year in some form. I can see it happening. I honestly believe we will know within a fortnight where it stands so let’s say Easter. Which is still 7/8 weeks away from the May 31 date.
I know plenty want to argue the fact but it’s where I stand.

If so could it be a good opportunity to start up a breakaway Comp like Kerry Packer did with Cricket.

Have Volunteers run the league, just like clubs do which will save allot of $$$$ on overpaid league staff, that deliver little.

I’m sure many involved deeply in their local club don’t believe the get good bang for back for the fees Clubs are forced to pay.
Sounds great.
However packer had shitloads of money to cover initial costs.
Maybe just maybe aflq will see how important clubs are to their survival and show some respect from now on.
Let them have a bigger say in decisions regarding the future.
Stop taking and start giving and listening.
Cut unneeded and unnecessary staff.
Out of every disaster comes knowledge.
Only dumb people don't learn.

Sounds great.
However packer had shitloads of money to cover initial costs.
Maybe just maybe aflq will see how important clubs are to their survival and show some respect from now on.
Let them have a bigger say in decisions regarding the future.
Stop taking and start giving and listening.
Cut unneeded and unnecessary staff.
Out of every disaster comes knowledge.
Only dumb people don't learn.

I believe it costs 10k per club to compete in Div 2 possibly more. That’s 200k plus in Division 2 alone. The league won’t be short of money to put the comp together in 2021 but as you have mentioned o and a it’s a great opportunity for the league to tighten some strings. Be a little bit wiser

I believe it costs 10k per club to compete in Div 2 possibly more. That’s 200k plus in Division 2 alone. The league won’t be short of money to put the comp together in 2021 but as you have mentioned o and a it’s a great opportunity for the league to tighten some strings. Be a little bit wiser

It’s actually closer to $20K per club in both Div 2 competitions.

One thing to cut costs at admin level. It’s another to cancel football all together

I think footy will look completely different for everyone Australia wide once we eventually come through this.

I think a lot of people who have devoted most of their lives to clubs may walk away once they have so much time away.

I think once people get their lives back and have quality family time, footy may take a back seat.

I think there will be massive numbers lost in both playing and volunteering.

A lot of clubs may fall away due to the above as well.

I think footy will look completely different for everyone Australia wide once we eventually come through this.

I think a lot of people who have devoted most of their lives to clubs may walk away once they have so much time away.

I think once people get their lives back and have quality family time, footy may take a back seat.

I think there will be massive numbers lost in both playing and volunteering.

A lot of clubs may fall away due to the above as well.

Would this be such a bad thing, without trying to seem heartless cos if a club folds so does allot of history, but less teams would mean more players competing for a game and less likely teams will be short on players during the season and the standard should increase, maybe.
Cos allot of clubs are just hanging on by a thread and scrape by season to season without a clear future.

Have under 17’s and 19’s

Lower the Masters age from over 35’s to over 30.

Would this be such a bad thing, without trying to seem heartless cos if a club folds so does allot of history, but less teams would mean more players competing for a game and less likely teams will be short on players during the season and the standard should increase, maybe.
Cos allot of clubs are just hanging on by a thread and scrape by season to season without a clear future.

Have under 17’s and 19’s

I’m more for the more people playing the better

2021 is in no jeopardy what’s so ever

Have under 17’s and 19’s

YES it would be a bad thing.
To a lot of people clubs are more than just a place to play footy.

Really?? The game can’t afford to recess for 2 years. It would take 10-15 years to recover. It won’t happen. The curve is already flattening out. Not saying we’re on top of it but the signs are there that it maybe turning.

There is no hope in hell there won’t be football next year. I’ll grant you this year is 50/50 at best. Next season is not in any threat

50/50 hahaha. Mate please educate yourself and do some reading from the experts. You won't see a contact sport played for the rest of this year. The curve flattening out? We've been in this mess for a week!

50/50 hahaha. Mate please educate yourself and do some reading from the experts. You won't see a contact sport played for the rest of this year. The curve flattening out? We've been in this mess for a week!

Mate I’ve been following it and yes it is flattening as was mentioned by the PM and the CMO tonight. But still a fair way to go admittedly. You tell me to read and then say we’ve been in this mess for a week? I think you need the educating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back