QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

No, haven’t been at the swans since 2014. Glenn Kendall is coach there, great to see the club is moving in a positive direction, hopefully more wins for the loyal swans this year ahead

They deserve some kudos as they have worked hard as a club off field and have recruited well. Good luck to them.

Did they use all the extra points on weekend?

No, haven’t been at the swans since 2014. Glenn Kendall is coach there, great to see the club is moving in a positive direction, hopefully more wins for the loyal swans this year ahead
Big Brenden Forbes pulling the boots on for them this week too. Keeps them in the ball park. Great to see more clubs with great depth of talent

I stand corrected.
Swans not Morteon make a big statement.
Have to say well done and may have somthing to do with the quality coach they have.

I stand corrected.
Have to say well done and may have somthing to do with the quality coach they have.

Yep great effort by Pine Rivers, and no doubt Moreton will improve with this being their first outing for the season.

Moorooka brought back to earth after big round 1 win and Wynnum also stopped Redcliffe in their tracks after massive round 1 win.

How did Kedron go Buck?

Yep great effort by Pine Rivers, and no doubt Moreton will improve with this being their first outing for the season.

Moorooka brought back to earth after big round 1 win and Wynnum also stopped Redcliffe in their tracks after massive round 1 win.

How did Kedron go Buck?
Mate turned up at 11.55.
Was talked into umpiring at 12.
Watched the first half of the ones.
It was terrible ( sorry but it was hard to watch)
Poor skill and decision making by both teams.
Let's be clear here it was 16 to 15 at half time.
In perfect conditions.
So I went home to watch the lions on the box.
The second half must have been better looking at the score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win by our blokes today. Got it done in the last quarter - hinterland Went quite well, but I’d say just ran out of legs.

Interesting to see results around the league. We are in for a great comp.

Moreton losing to Pine rivers certainly the upset for mine. They have turned it around from being the whipping boys to being the big boys. Must have done some great recruiting during COVID. Given no income, ability to fund raise etc, clearly they have worked hard on developing that culture and off field mechanics to bring in some top end talent.

How did Kedron go Buck?

I stand corrected.

And quite a few quality players that dropped in due to Caloundra not getting up and then a couple of others talked into it. Big Brendan Forbes also stepped up today and he is a quality ruckman. mind you, I would say a coach makes a big difference bc if he is carrying on like an idiot at training or it is totally unorganised, those quality players dont stick around.

Last edited:
Good win by our blokes today. Got it done in the last quarter - hinterland Went quite well, but I’d say just ran out of legs.

Interesting to see results around the league. We are in for a great comp.

Moreton losing to Pine rivers certainly the upset for mine. They have turned it around from being the whipping boys to being the big boys. Must have done some great recruiting during COVID. Given no income, ability to fund raise etc, clearly they have worked hard on developing that culture and off field mechanics to bring in some top end talent.

Just good to see a few guys heading back to junior clubs to play the remainder of the season and in turn dragging a few others with them that just want a kick. Pine have benefitted from this as have a few other clubs. The wheel has turned in 2020 - not to say it wont turn again but certainly provides some enthusiasm for club people who might have been starved of success in recent years.

And quite a few quality players that dropped in due to Caloundra not getting up and then a couple of others talked into it. Big Brendan Forbes also stepped up today and he is a quality ruckman. mind you, I would say a coach makes a big difference bc if he is carrying on like an idiot at training or it is totally unorganised, those quality players dont stick around.
Looks like a few of Caloundra lads at kedron also.

There is. U guys have benefitted big time. Good luck to u. Yorsten went as a past junior and some others went with him. Good luck to the footy club.
Well that's one way to look at it.
Another would be 5 or so local lads are missing out on a game every week.
All well and good if they stay next year but if they don't it's probably cost you a few blokes.
Especially when you have a long list before they got there.
Not my way of doing things but it's not up to me.

Well that's one way to look at it.
Another would be 5 or so local lads are missing out on a game every week.
All well and good if they stay next year but if they don't it's probably cost you a few blokes.
Especially when you have a long list before they got there.
Not my way of doing things but it's not up to me.

Yes not disagreeing. Just saying you will benefit in 2020 from it as will your 2's. its a tough one bc I dont know a coach who would knock back quality players for nothing if previous success had been limited. Maroochy certainly knocked back 35-40 inquiries bc of what you just stated but then they have won 2 out of the past 3 premierships and played in last 6 so different position....
is it correct Outa that there is approximately 80 blokes on the track at Kedron atm???

I'm confused as to why Caloundra pulled out of the competition?

Wasn't it because of either

1. the players didn't want to play
2. they couldn't pay their players

Now all their players are playing somewhere else, and reportedly for nothing?

Doesn't that rule out both options 1 and 2?

I'm confused as to why Caloundra pulled out of the competition?

Wasn't it because of either

1. the players didn't want to play
2. they couldn't pay their players

Now all their players are playing somewhere else, and reportedly for nothing?

Doesn't that rule out both options 1 and 2?

Not ALL of their players are playing elsewhere. Probably a dozen. The issue I understand was going to be numbers plus a training venue - their lights had been condemned with no likelihood of being replaced this year (although that has now changed). Bottom line is they couldnt train anywhere as option 2 was a local school that put a line through that.
The payment side was a non issue. Very few clubs are paying their players from my understanding.

Yes not disagreeing. Just saying you will benefit in 2020 from it as will your 2's. its a tough one bc I dont know a coach who would knock back quality players for nothing if previous success had been limited. Maroochy certainly knocked back 35-40 inquiries bc of what you just stated but then they have won 2 out of the past 3 premierships and played in last 6 so different position....
is it correct Outa that there is approximately 80 blokes on the track at Kedron atm???
I've heard quite a few on the books.
Once again you say it will benefit clubs.
My view is it doesn't.
It's just for a few games and the only ones who benift are the players who were playing at Caloundra.
If winning comes before all else than I'm not in that category.
Decisions you make off the field can come back to bite you later.
You work with what you have.
Teach them to be better and most importantly make them feel they are wanted.
We must remember these guys pay for the privilege to play at local level.
I'm not saying it's happening at kedron because I simply don't know.
But just think how a player would feel if they have paid rego and some blow ins are beaing given a pass on that.
That's going to go down well on Saturday when they are asked to run water or do other jobs instead of playing.
This is low level local footy and long term loyal blokes are rated highly in my eyes.
Caloundra made the decision for what's best for there club this year.
No problem with that.
I just have a problem with clubs with plenty of locals who have put their hand up and get dropped because a few blokes want to play 6 or 7 games.
Will Caloundra be chasing all the lads at other clubs to get them back next year.
I'd say absolutely they will.
So what's the benift to the clubs giving them a game now.
Why wouldn't you get some games into blokes you will need next year.
They are the ones who will really benift.
Let me be very clear I have no problem with the players doing it.
They asked and got a yes from various clubs.
This is my personal opinion only.
I have no involvement in any decisions what so ever.
I just find chasing wins at the expense of you local loyal players has never worked out for any club.
But plenty will disagree with my views and that's ok.

I've heard quite a few on the books.
Once again you say it will benefit clubs.
My view is it doesn't.
It's just for a few games and the only ones who benift are the players who were playing at Caloundra.
If winning comes before all else than I'm not in that category.
Decisions you make off the field can come back to bite you later.
You work with what you have.
Teach them to be better and most importantly make them feel they are wanted.
We must remember these guys pay for the privilege to play at local level.
I'm not saying it's happening at kedron because I simply don't know.
But just think how a player would feel if they have paid rego and some blow ins are beaing given a pass on that.
That's going to go down well on Saturday when they are asked to run water or do other jobs instead of playing.
This is low level local footy and long term loyal blokes are rated highly in my eyes.
Caloundra made the decision for what's best for there club this year.
No problem with that.
I just have a problem with clubs with plenty of locals who have put their hand up and get dropped because a few blokes want to play 6 or 7 games.
Will Caloundra be chasing all the lads at other clubs to get them back next year.
I'd say absolutely they will.
So what's the benift to the clubs giving them a game now.
Why wouldn't you get some games into blokes you will need next year.
They are the ones who will really benift.
Let me be very clear I have no problem with the players doing it.
They asked and got a yes from various clubs.
This is my personal opinion only.
I have no involvement in any decisions what so ever.
I just find chasing wins at the expense of you local loyal players has never worked out for any club.
But plenty will disagree with my views and that's ok.

Yep - well said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back