QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are your tips for round one?

Ipswich by 20 v Gympie - Ipswich always seem to find a couple of good footballers. I also think Gympie could be in for a long year up the M1 and back and their year won't get off to a great start - even at home.

Park Ridge by 50 v Jindalee - Park Ridge i would suggest will be around the mark again. Jindalee were on the right track 2 years ago and would have to get back to that place in order to be competitive.

Alex Hill by 18 v Kedron - hopefully our boys can put in a spirited effort, but I feel Alex will once again be on the march to another top 4 finish.

Moreton by 40 v Pine Rivers - beat a div 1 side through the pre season and smashed our guys. Pine have lost a few big guns and I think it'll show in the result.

Redcliffe by 10 v Kenmore - I think this will be match of the round to be honest. Will be a tight contest, but tipping Redcliffe because it is at home.

Yeronga by 40 v Moorooka - with Corrie at the helm and presumably found a couple, I think they will be too strong for Moorooka.

Good luck to all teams for round 1.
Ipswich
Park ridge
Morteon
Kedron
Kenmore
Yeronga

Was great to have footy back on!

Unfortunately it wasn't our day today, falling to a solid Alex unit. JPW tried hard by kicking a handful,but the writing was on the wall early. Alex Hills would have put us to bed by quarter time, but we did apply some good pressure as well as their errant kicking in front of goal. 6 and a half goals for mine was a fair margin.

Looks like other games around the comp were very interesting.

Gympie got given a touch up by Ipswich. Hate to think how hot the weather would have been 2 hours up the highway.

The grand final rematch between MB and PR appeared to be pretty one sided. Perhaps Pine have dropped off like first thought. Wonder which sides on their week off went for a look?

Kenmore and Redcliffe was a close result. Any reports?

Corrie's Yeronga started their re entry into the comp on the right foot. Congratulations to that group.

And Jindalee looked like they were the surprise packet this round beating Park Ridge in a high scoring match. Any reports?

"Gympie got given a touch up by Ipswich. Hate to think how hot the weather would have been 2 hours up the highway"

Don't even know why Gympie hung around in the comp, surely going back north or Friday footy was a better option. Hinterland poached their 2 strong forwards and their best player. Only 3 or 4 running round in their seniors left from their wide bay senior premiership. Don't see them lasting the season. Getting flogged every week isn't gonna do much good for holding who is left.

Fyi I'm a former bigfooty member in this thread from a few years back just forgot my account details lol.

Yep interested to know have jindalee improved that much or did park ridge have a dirty day.
Gympie are in the comp.
So it seems pointless to worry about it.
Hope they back up every week.
Almost every club has hit a low point.
But sticking at it is there only option.

"Gympie got given a touch up by Ipswich. Hate to think how hot the weather would have been 2 hours up the highway"

Don't even know why Gympie hung around in the comp, surely going back north or Friday footy was a better option. Hinterland poached their 2 strong forwards and their best player. Only 3 or 4 running round in their seniors left from their wide bay senior premiership. Don't see them lasting the season. Getting flogged every week isn't gonna do much good for holding who is left.

Fyi I'm a former bigfooty member in this thread from a few years back just forgot my account details lol.

And they were short in the 2's playing at home. That's a concern Rd 1.

Yep interested to know have jindalee improved that much or did park ridge have a dirty day.
Gympie are in the comp.
So it seems pointless to worry about it.
Hope they back up every week.
Almost every club has hit a low point.
But sticking at it is there only option.

Jindalee massive improvers Buck. Think they will play finals if competition hasn’t moved much from last year.

We were way off with heap missing which we knew was always going to be a danger round 1. But full credit to Jags they ran hard and took their chances.

Will be a better side on a bigger ground as well I reckon as they young and just run. Umpires were poor standard as usual. 6 x 50’s that resulted in goals for them from very minor issues. Think it was 9 to 1 with 50’s which doesn’t help on small ground.

No use complaining as they won’t get any better just need to live with it and adjust. Thought both sides handle the new man on mark rule.

Jindalee massive improvers Buck. Think they will play finals if competition hasn’t moved much from last year.

We were way off with heap missing which we knew was always going to be a danger round 1. But full credit to Jags they ran hard and took their chances.

Will be a better side on a bigger ground as well I reckon as they young and just run. Umpires were poor standard as usual. 6 x 50’s that resulted in goals for them from very minor issues. Think it was 9 to 1 with 50’s which doesn’t help on small ground.

No use complaining as they won’t get any better just need to live with it and adjust. Thought both sides handle the new man on mark rule.
Jags moved the ball really well. Pirates missed a lot of set shots and jindalee didnt.

Honestly those two umpires were terrible. The female umpire can’t even throw the ball up high enough in a stoppage. The other umpire is to heavy to get around the ground.

kassaulke is a work horse. Looked liked he rucked all day in hot conditions. If pirates kick straight they win. Thomson looked like he had something wrong with his foot as he was limping all day.

Poor post and complaining about umpires
Get a div or two like you where supossed
To I'm sure the umpires are better there

Could be mistaken, but it also looked like on the team sheet that Ipswich only had 19 themselves which makes the win even more remarkable.

I checked out all senior and reserve team sheets on Friday and noticed a few clubs didn't name 22 in the 2s. Is this due to clubs awaiting clearances or are we genuinely struggling for participants at this level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I checked out all senior and reserve team sheets on Friday and noticed a few clubs didn't name 22 in the 2s. Is this due to clubs awaiting clearances or are we genuinely struggling for participants at this level?

Regos more then likely

We had 14 out across both grades yesterday so we’re stretched a bit. Hopefully back to normal in next few weeks as very frustrating scratching for numbers.

We had 14 out across both grades yesterday so we’re stretched a bit. Hopefully back to normal in next few weeks as very frustrating scratching for numbers.

Still Me, 14 out? Is that a coincidence, bad luck or poor timing due the start to the season? I know the original Rd 1 date was 17/04 but with the addition of Kenmore it was moved forward.

I was thinking a few of their Colts may have aged out and stuck fat with the club.
Which is great for them.
I'm sure when they came in this would have been part of the plan.
Good luck to them.
Having umpired for the last few years as well.
I'm staying out of that conversation.
But round one showed us a bit on results but it's a long year.
I we be more interested around round 9 when everyone has had to back up week after week.

Without umpires there is no footy, good or bad at least they're there. Plenty of leagues around Aus with blokes pulled from the crowd having to umpire just to keep a league going.

Still Me, 14 out? Is that a coincidence, bad luck or poor timing due the start to the season? I know the original Rd 1 date was 17/04 but with the addition of Kenmore it was moved forward.

Bit of both mate. About 4 injured and rest either work or planned things prior to season starting but yes think date trapped a few but not all of them.

Footy not a priority as it was in our day mate. Seems to get pushed aside for varying reasons nowadays 😂

Without umpires there is no footy, good or bad at least they're there. Plenty of leagues around Aus with blokes pulled from the crowd having to umpire just to keep a league going.

Totally understand that Skyfire and do appreciate they get out and have a crack. Just get very bemused when they try and be very technical and pay 50 m penalties for very minor issues and then miss howlers or 17 year old kids getting slung and knocked out cold in first senior game.

Hard to front angry parents and a kid that will now miss 4-6 weeks if he even plays again this season.

Understand we are all human and make mistakes, but need to protect the kids we are all trying to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back