QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Wynnum on the double grand final berth. Great work by the club to ensure they are in great space moving forward.

Looks like a good match up in the twos between us and Wynnum. I look forward to a great game.

I saw both games today and they did the damage to Moreton Bay in the second quarter. Mb never recovered, and Wynnum ran out resounding winners. Great season by MB in the twos.

In the ones, Ipswich got the jump on the Vikings early, but that’s where it stopped. Wynnum dominated in the second and third quarter to set up their easy win. Congratulations to Wynnum on reaching the grand final and Ipswich for coming so far. Although, the Ipswich coach appeared to change nothing in the quest to turn the game around from my perspective. An almighty spray at half time that could be heard from China certainly didn’t spark them into action. May need to rethink his variable coaching style - looked to take the fun out of the very defeated looking group throughout the game.
It will be a great game in the twos.
Both sides have proven themselves so far.
Let's hope the umpires are as good as the clubbies😁😁😁.

Kedron’s clubbie is no good aye 😆
Come on mate I left myself open for a real sledge there.
I got a better spray from a water boy this year.
But all good I'm defenitly retired now and will be giving some back next year.
But I hope the umpires let the lads just play footy.
It's div 3 ressies and if don't you might find them blowing the whistle all day.
Not what anyone wants.
Good luck to all the boys Saturday not so much wynumm in the twos though.

Very quiet on here for grand final week ! What’s everyone’s tips. Hard not to go past Moreton bay and kedron. Id rather see the Vikings getting the double but can’t see it happening.

Very quiet on here for grand final week ! What’s everyone’s tips. Hard not to go past Moreton bay and kedron. Id rather see the Vikings getting the double but can’t see it happening.

Was hoping for an Ipswich 3peat.. since there is no chance of that I have lost interest :(

Up the Vikings I guess ..

Looking forward to a great game in the ressies. Kedron smashed us at their place and we returned the favour at home.
Kedron top of the ladder by percentages only. So should be a really interesting game.
Either way pretty stoked with the Vikings camp getting both teams in the big one. Great effort by the club and the all the boys across both grades.

Bold choice by Wynnum to leave the league leading goal kicker loose, not sure they know how Grand Finals work
Saw both teams warming up.
Said to my mate morteon are going to flog them.
Great time to kick 15 in a GF.
Too good too big too strong.
Kedron set the game up in first half in the twos.

Saw both teams warming up.
Said to my mate morteon are going to flog them.
Great time to kick 15 in a GF.
Too good too big too strong.
Kedron set the game up in first half in the twos.
Agreed with the 2s. Kedron did the work early and put a brave Wynnum to the sword. Congrats to our twos on a terrific season. Best team all year and deserved to win it.

Regarding the ones game, Nickalls was other worldly. Kicked everything and 15 in the GF is outstanding. Wynnum tried to tag Moreton bay’s gun midfielder #1, but the tagger got polaxed early and that really hurt them in the midfield - and it looked to hurt the tagger too.

MB ruckman was dominant and the best team won on the day. Much like our crowd, MB crowd were relentless I must say - certainly helps a team’s cause when the crowd is there to support.

Great for the footy club and those players who have stuck fat with them over the journey. Looking through the list there are a number of names I recognise from when MB were the whipping boys in QFA north. Not young guys either. Credit to them as great club people. Hopefully will be the start of something for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you'd be asking for your club to put the results in so its there for eternity!

What a great exhibition of footy from all the boys at the Moreton Bay Lions on the weekend. A dominant season that was capped off with a dominant performance! Well deserved for everyone involved at the club, both on and off the field. Enjoy!!!

Gonna be a lot of travel for Kenmore. Would've thought they'd nominate for the North comp...

Going north is a demotion as it’s div 3 . They wanted to go div 1 . It will only last a season or 2 then fail anyway.
Why didn't bond go up.
Two clubs have the go ahead for 2021 to go up to div one.
Let's not forget that park ridge to want to come in.
Will they be north or south.
But your right history has proven that two years is a long as a new comp lasts.
This new system is supposed to take away the theory of third division.

Why didn't bond go up.
Two clubs have the go ahead for 2021 to go up to div one.
Let's not forget that park ridge to want to come in.
Will they be north or south.
But your right history has proven that two years is a long as a new comp lasts.
This new system is supposed to take away the theory of third division.

Long term view is that Div 1 will be the premier Brisbane comp and Div 2 south will become a premier GC comp behind the QAFL.

Long term view is that Div 1 will be the premier Brisbane comp and Div 2 south will become a premier GC comp behind the QAFL.
So your saying it's going to change again.
I get you need a gold coast comp.
Too many clubs not to have one.
But qafl is the premier local comp.
I think the nsw teams will struggle big time.
Which will lower the standard that has been achieved in div two.
Gympie was talked up and looked what happened there and that was division 3.
So long term some nsw clubs if not competitive will fold or try and change comps as there is no comp for them now.
Huge step up from a four team comp of which one club has only won a couple of games in years.
I'm just thinking this experiment isnt going to work out well for some.
But that's just me.

So your saying it's going to change again.
I get you need a gold coast comp.
Too many clubs not to have one.
But qafl is the premier local comp.
I think the nsw teams will struggle big time.
Which will lower the standard that has been achieved in div two.
Gympie was talked up and looked what happened there and that was division 3.
So long term some nsw clubs if not competitive will fold or try and change comps as there is no comp for them now.
Huge step up from a four team comp of which one club has only won a couple of games in years.
I'm just thinking this experiment isnt going to work out well for some.
But that's just me.

Still going through the hoops to get back into Saturday Footy Bucky. But hopefully will be announced in next week or so.

Definitely looking at Northside as when you do the Sums it's about 400klms eachway less travel than Southside in a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back