Opinion Qualifying Final Changes vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke, Tabs and Ballantyne with a huge stage to lock their place and reputation in.

Terrible weather for the two falls but hopefully Ballas offers up four chances at goal.
After the 2013 GF, please don't use those two words in the same sentence Tayl0r :)

My honest thoughts on Clarke are that I'd rather he not play, but I'll have to suck it up and hope he's interested in boosting his trade value. Or impress NBL scouts. Just don't think he'll ever have the hunger, much like Robbie Warnock.
I understand the selection, I just don't like it. Chances are he will play a good game. Although the game against Hawthorn, after he had been dropped, makes me wonder.

Is this the first time all year we've had our best 22 on the park? We've had a good run with injuries this year but from memory there's always been 1-2 guys missing each week.
would have to go back and check the team sheets my memory isn't that good :)
I think the composition of our best 22 has changed a bit like Sheridan was out Duff in at the start of the year.
But this is the first time we've had the Dawson, McPharlin, MJ, Ibbo, Fyfe, Balla unit together, I'm not sure what combos they've played in up till now.

I've been overseas for the last three games. From memory, Mayne wasn't doing so well. Could A Pearce take his spot? At least he can go down back if we pick up an injury.

Could be just the jet lag talking.

Team is chosen for structure in a pressure final. We are fairly tall though and so fi wet we could see a late change with I think Clancee and Tendai the utility emergencies. Very unlucky for Tendai from where he was at last year.

Gary Rohan and Issac Heeney look like a real threat in their forward line. Small forwards are our achillies heel and I hope Spurr and Sutcliffe are up to the task.

Gary Rohan and Issac Heeney look like a real threat in their forward line. Small forwards are our achillies heel and I hope Spurr and Sutcliffe are up to the task.

Don't forget McGlynn, very dangerous player. Never thought I'd be more concerned about Sydney's smalls than their talls but here we are. Then again, is Rohan really a small?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the selection of Taberner is baffling and will surely backfire. he'll have 3 ineffective possessions and be subbed off just after half time at the expense of playing with another midfielder - Clancee or Mzungu - who could impact the game and alleviate the pressure on some of our better midfielders.
stupid stupid stupid.

Don't forget McGlynn, very dangerous player. Never thought I'd be more concerned about Sydney's smalls than their talls but here we are. Then again, is Rohan really a small?

Living in Syd I've been to a bunch of Swans games Rohan is really quick and surprisingly strong.

Heeney is an absolute jet not sure who goes to him.

the selection of Taberner is baffling and will surely backfire. he'll have 3 ineffective possessions and be subbed off just after half time at the expense of playing with another midfielder - Clancee or Mzungu - who could impact the game and alleviate the pressure on some of our better midfielders.
stupid stupid stupid.
Or he could take 5 marks, kick 2 goals and also bring the ball to ground for Ballas and Son-Son ;)!
Not to mention that he draws a tall defender away from Pav....

stupid stupid stupid.

Agreed. Not the time to be taking risks, particularly on a wet day.

Would have thought that Clancee would thrive in those conditions.

Clarke will play. Tabs may be the late withdrawal depending on weather, with Clancee Pearce in. We will play with a backup ruck to give Sandi a chop out, and it won't be Taberner.

Clancee hasn't thrived all year, and certainly not recently.

Clancee was playing very good footy during our early winning streak.

Ibbotson is a good match up.

Probably the best we can do, Rohan will be a handful if they find themselves 1 on 1 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back