'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

Just a question about accessing taxi ranks at the MCG. Does anyone know if I can catch a cab after the match somewhere along Brunton Avenue? I've looked up the info online and found there's a drop off point at Entry 'E' (just under the Southern Stand on Brunton Ave), as well as other taxi ranks away from the stadium itself. I'd like to minimise walking distance due to the ability of the person I'm taking to the next MCG game we play.

Hey guys,

Just a question about accessing taxi ranks at the MCG. Does anyone know if I can catch a cab after the match somewhere along Brunton Avenue? I've looked up the info online and found there's a drop off point at Entry 'E' (just under the Southern Stand on Brunton Ave), as well as other taxi ranks away from the stadium itself. I'd like to minimise walking distance due to the ability of the person I'm taking to the next MCG game we play.

I have noticed a 'Taxi Stand' sign at Entry E and can only asume the taxi's do a right hand tun and head towards the City. Brunton Ave heading to Richmond Station is closed off prior to the game finishing to enable pedestrians to get to the station.

I have noticed a 'Taxi Stand' sign at Entry E and can only asume the taxi's do a right hand tun and head towards the City. Brunton Ave heading to Richmond Station is closed off prior to the game finishing to enable pedestrians to get to the station.
Cheers X. Appreciate the quick reply, mate.

I have been told that if a player is in rehabilitation for drugs then the media or afl cannot report the story, can anyone confirm or deny this?

I have been told that if a player is in rehabilitation for drugs then the media or afl cannot report the story, can anyone confirm or deny this?
I can neither confirm or deny this.....:D

If you are eluding to a certain champion, it is bullshit.

Im not eluding to anyone just would like to know if it is true.

Well if they are in rehab, then they would fall under the strike system, remember a club will not know until the 3rd strike like the Travis Tuck situation

i thought they didn't get drug tested while in rehab. meaning when you get a second strike and you go into rehab, the testing stops until you're out again. This also suggests that it's highly unlikely anyone will get to three strikes unless they get caught in a situation like tuck where he was passed out etc.

Looking for some inspiration for a new banner to make. Last one I made was late in the season of 2008 and I am not saying I am a superstitious person but you never know. My last banner (which served us quite well) had the new logo on a white background with the word MIGHTY in bold above it.

I want to steer away from individual players. Any ideas? I thought maybe something to do with the ALWAYS hawthorn theme but have been thinking for a few weeks now and just cant think of anything banner worthy. Let me know if you have a good idea!

"hi mum" would make a great banner, it's never been done before either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking for some inspiration for a new banner to make. Last one I made was late in the season of 2008 and I am not saying I am a superstitious person but you never know. My last banner (which served us quite well) had the new logo on a white background with the word MIGHTY in bold above it.

I want to steer away from individual players. Any ideas? I thought maybe something to do with the ALWAYS hawthorn theme but have been thinking for a few weeks now and just cant think of anything banner worthy. Let me know if you have a good idea!

"One for all + All for One"

Not really a question, but also doesn't warrant its own thread.

Trent Stubbs has been cut from Collingwood's rookie list. Looks like we didn't miss out on anything much there.

Not really a question, but also doesn't warrant its own thread.

Trent Stubbs has been cut from Collingwood's rookie list. Looks like we didn't miss out on anything much there.

I am not disappointed or upset to hear this occur. I have zero respect for Trent's family and especially his father.

A question for those who get off at Richmond station when they go to the Footy.
I need to get a myki but keep forgetting and more than likely won't get it before Friday. So since they got rid of metcards i have just been fare evading (don't e-stone me ;)). The last game I went to vs the GC I nearly got caught because for once they were manning the exits just as you head out towards punt rd. very close call. Usually they just let everyone through. Are they doing this from now on or was that just for the GC because there was only 25k there and wouldnt have been much of a hold up?
cheers :)

A question for those who get off at Richmond station when they go to the Footy.
I need to get a myki but keep forgetting and more than likely won't get it before Friday. So since they got rid of metcards i have just been fare evading (don't e-stone me ;)). The last game I went to vs the GC I nearly got caught because for once they were manning the exits just as you head out towards punt rd. very close call. Usually they just let everyone through. Are they doing this from now on or was that just for the GC because there was only 25k there and wouldnt have been much of a hold up?
cheers :)[/quote

Suggest you get yourself a Myki before Friday Night;)

Haha I would but really don't think I will have time. No joke. Should have done it today but I forgot. Does that mean you think all the exits will be manned like the GC game? :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back