'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim O'Brien, who would be the best contested mark available to coach him? I want to see those marks stick ......from almost to always.
Brian Lake was a great mark of the ball, could he help Timmy?
Not sure a football coach is needed. A psychologist maybe. In my unprofessional, arm-chair expert opinion I think he just needs to commit that when he feels the ball hit his hands that he just commits to that first grab. If it doesn't stick then so be it, but on average I think that will result in more held marks than if he goes for double grabs 95% of the time. And I back his technique and talent that once he starts to see those first grabs are resulting in more marks that it snowballs from there and he'll have his marking mojo back in no time.

Not sure a football coach is needed. A psychologist maybe. In my unprofessional, arm-chair expert opinion I think he just needs to commit that when he feels the ball hit his hands that he just commits to that first grab. If it doesn't stick then so be it, but on average I think that will result in more held marks than if he goes for double grabs 95% of the time. And I back his technique and talent that once he starts to see those first grabs are resulting in more marks that it snowballs from there and he'll have his marking mojo back in no time.

He drops his hands pretty quickly, maybe he feels unsteady in the air. I'm not sure but it seems to be his issue.

He drops his hands pretty quickly, maybe he feels unsteady in the air. I'm not sure but it seems to be his issue.
Not sure a about him being unsteady in the air but more of when he makes body contact that it shifts his trajectory to a position where taking the mark becomes more unlike. Tims not the most solid guy through the hips and looks to be reasonably out bodied.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Not sure a about him being unsteady in the air but more of when he makes body contact that it shifts his trajectory to a position where taking the mark becomes more unlike. Tims not the most solid guy through the hips and looks to be reasonably out bodied.
Just for my two bobs worth.
I feel it might be as simple as jumping more vertical as opposed to launching forward at the contest. Seems to have a fair bit of forward rotation happening once at the top of his arc. This might just be put a small seed of concern (subliminal) about the landing. Positioning to prop and launch more vertical would lead to a sense of landing on his feet.
Anyway just a thought.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure this is the right place but didn’t want to disrespect your general afl thread.

I’m coming here with a big ask. A lad in my son’s U9 team broke his arm last week, he’s a mad keen Hawk in a sea of Port & Crows kids. He only got one game in & is likely to sit out the rest of the season, he’s understandably devo. Does anyone here please know the best avenue to your club to get a short note/vid of encouragement from a player? I know this is a huge ask at this time but I’d regret not asking about getting something done like this for the lad.
Sorry if I’m interlopping, all the best for the remainder of the season. Cheers.

Not sure this is the right place but didn’t want to disrespect your general afl thread.

I’m coming here with a big ask. A lad in my son’s U9 team broke his arm last week, he’s a mad keen Hawk in a sea of Port & Crows kids. He only got one game in & is likely to sit out the rest of the season, he’s understandably devo. Does anyone here please know the best avenue to your club to get a short note/vid of encouragement from a player? I know this is a huge ask at this time but I’d regret not asking about getting something done like this for the lad.
Sorry if I’m interlopping, all the best for the remainder of the season. Cheers.
Did you think of maybe using the lost art of ringing the club?

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you think of maybe using the lost art of ringing the club?
I’ve emailed the club but I will call tomorrow thank you. All boards have members who know someone or know someone who knows someone & thought this may be a smoother conduit than bothering an understaffed front office. Thank you for your time.

I’ve emailed the club but I will call tomorrow thank you. All boards have members who know someone or know someone who knows someone & thought this may be a smoother conduit than bothering an understaffed front office. Thank you for your time.
When we lost our home in cyclone Yasi, (we were in it at the time - scary night) someone at the club sent us a lovely little hawks package including some messages of encouragement to our kids who were very young at the time. I will pm you their details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JTRx

Debutant
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sorry to invade your board.

Just had a question if I may... how many players have you taken up to the NSW hub, and is known if Impey is among them and likely to play at any point?

Asking for a friend, who is considering picking him up as a sneaky free agent in a fantasy game... ;)

Cheers

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When we lost our home in cyclone Yasi, (we were in it at the time - scary night) someone at the club sent us a lovely little hawks package including some messages of encouragement to our kids who were very young at the time. I will pm you their details.
Hello again, just wanted to let you know your club has sent me a fantastic vid featuring James Frawley & Isaac Smith to pass along to this lads family.
Considering what your club is going through this is an enormous gesture & one that is greatly appreciated.
Let’s hope situations improve for all & something may be salvaged out of this season.
Cheers.

Sorry to invade your board.

Just had a question if I may... how many players have you taken up to the NSW hub, and is known if Impey is among them and likely to play at any point?

Asking for a friend, who is considering picking him up as a sneaky free agent in a fantasy game... ;)

Cheers
Impey made it to the hub. Is probably 4 weeks off putting himself available for selection

Hello again, just wanted to let you know your club has sent me a fantastic vid featuring James Frawley & Isaac Smith to pass along to this lads family.
Considering what your club is going through this is an enormous gesture & one that is greatly appreciated.
Let’s hope situations improve for all & something may be salvaged out of this season.
Cheers.
Thank you so much for thinking of him and contacting the club.

Thank you for your great gesture.

Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cheers.

That's brilliant on everyone's account: yours for taking the time and energy to do this, grumbleguts for being able to point you in the right direction, and the club and the players for taking the time to do it. Hope the young chap gets great pleasure out of the vid.

Nice way to start the day, and I hope the boy's arm heals quickly and without complication.

P

So what draft picks do we have this year again? We have our first rounder and do we have North's or Melbournes as well?

We have North's second rounder. We traded our 2020 second rounder to Melbourne as part of the deal for Frost.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How do you sreach for a thread, just wanted to say "chin up" to Josh Morris in his thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back