Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss needs to be back in this week. Kicked 5.2 for Peel today and could’ve easily had more. Also brings the passion, he single-handedly started multiple biffs, elite shit-stirrer

Not sure why he was dropped in the first place. Can be inaccurate in front of goal but presents really well and finds the ball. Dare I say a better forward option then Jackson

Voss needs to be back in this week. Kicked 5.2 for Peel today and could’ve easily had more. Also brings the passion, he single-handedly started multiple biffs, elite s**t-stirrer

Not sure why he was dropped in the first place. Can be inaccurate in front of goal but presents really well and finds the ball. Dare I say a better forward option then Jackson
Question mark over whether he can get the shots at goal from that area in the AFL. Went fifty fifty on any angle I think. He was good though.

I have thought about the possible changes a bit. I would bring Wagner into the 22 in Emmett’s role. I think Wagner has a background as a failed small forward, he has a lot of the traits to be a pressure forward, and it is hard to believe he would be less effective than Emmett. Tommy can go back to WAFL and get his hands on the ball. Freddie in for Sonny who can have a rest.

Play JT as the deepest forward and let Jye come up the ground.

That’s it for now.

I have thought about the possible changes a bit. I would bring Wagner into the 22 in Emmett’s role. I think Wagner has a background as a failed small forward, he has a lot of the traits to be a pressure forward, and it is hard to believe he would be less effective than Emmett. Tommy can go back to WAFL and get his hands on the ball. Freddie in for Sonny who can have a rest.

That’s it for now.
Hmmmm not sure about this. History as a failed small forward doesn't bode well

The supposed strength of Wagner is the drive he gives us out of defense...playing small forward this takes away that weapon. Not sure he is that great at pressuring or kicking straight either

We already have an issue where some are not playing in their best position just so they are in the team..Wagner is not good enough for this reason

I'm not sure a dewy ball up in the NT and Steven nutcase May on him will help his cause.

But also treating Amiss as a baby and not letting him know the realities of AFL isn't a great move, either.
Everyone keeps talking about dewy balls and humidity etc. I thought it was a morning game in Alice Springs?

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure a dewy ball up in the NT and Steven nutcase May on him will help his cause.

But also treating Amiss as a baby and not letting him know the realities of AFL isn't a great move, either.
I doubt there’s ever any dew in Alice Springs. I suppose the nutcase will be there though

Freddy for Emmett
Sturt for Walters
Wagner for Draper
Walters to sub

Fyfe needs to be “managed” aswell but with only one game in nearly 3 weeks he should be fine

Come out of that and still look sluggish tho into second half season then well it should start being horses for courses for the champ , starting with Jonno moving inside and Ras/brodie geting a look in .

Yep. Unless it rains, humidity should be less than Perth. Whatever desert dew there is should be dry by mid-morning.

Last time I was in Alice in June I was wearing a jumper in the AM almost every day. (I was working in Broome at the time though so idea of cold was a little bit out of whack.)

I actually wouldn't be adverse to bringing Voss in as a chaos agent to put more physical pressure on May and Leaver even if it would leave us a little bit tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt there’s ever any dew in Alice Springs. I suppose the nutcase will be there though
Doesn't it get really wet? Geelong were practicing with wet footballs thorughout the week.

More humid than dewy, I guess.

Last time I was in Alice in June I was wearing a jumper in the AM almost every day. (I was working in Broome at the time though so idea of cold was a little bit out of whack.)

I actually wouldn't be adverse to bringing Voss in as a chaos agent to put more physical pressure on May and Leaver even if it would leave us a little bit tall.
Lever is injured

Its not even June yet where I am and I am in thermal socks and a jumper most mornings :( July is worse. I hate July. Give me 40+ temps any day over 1-2 and feels like minus 3 :(

That’s it for now.
100% agree at this stage Jye is better suited to half forward role and is a really good field kick, not physicaly ready yet to play as the key forward on Moore or May etc

Voss demanding selection makes things harder both figuratively and literally. Also I forgot about Sturt. So here is a fun hypothetical.

Out: Fyfe, Walters, Emmett and Draper.

In: Voss, Simpson, Frederick and Sturt.

Jackson to take Fyfe's role.

FB: Wagner Ryan Walker
HB: Clark Pearce Chapman
C: Sharp Young Banfield
HF: Sturt Treacy Frederick
FF: Amiss Voss Switkowski

R: Darcy Serong Brayshaw

I: Johnson Jackson Aish O'Meara

S: Simpson

Really want to keep Wagner in. Gives us so much run. Melbourne aren't really a tall forward line are they? Draper out, Chappy plays tall, and Wagner comes in.

Freddy for Sonny. Think Emmett offers more at this point.

I think the suggestion that Emmett out, JOM takes his position forward, Chappy goes up to a wing and Wagner takes a HBF makes more sense that dropping Draper. Also Chappy can drop back and help out with the defence. Then Freddy in and Sonny takes Wagners sub position

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back