Preview R19: Changes vs North - Jones in for VDB

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling Michie will go out for Newton, but since he is playing for his career I hope he stays in and shows something, because the next time he is dropped he won't play AFL again for us.

They obviously think Salem needs 1 more week in the VFL and fair enough. Should get back for 4 solid weeks to finish the year. So Grimes stays in.

Can't see Neal-Bullen, Vanders or Harmes going out. Can't see Jamar getting picked.

So it comes down to Michie, Newton or Matt Jones.

Michie actually did a couple of nice things when he got the ball on the weekend, just didn't get much of it! I think his biggest issue is he's really not a half forward/wing but we aren't going to play him in the centre with plenty ahead of him right now. If he is out of contract then in the scheme of things he's worth giving more chances between now and the end of the year.

Newton probably has the best future of the 3 but he hasn't really done much at VFL to get back in. Although I like the way he has a habit for hitting the scoreboard.

This is likely to be very unpopular but in terms of giving us the best shot to win the game it might be worth picking Matt Jones as a defensive forward. We still need pace and run to keep up with better sides. I kind of can't believe I said that though. He could be the best option as sub so the we can give the young guys a full run and Michie/Newton full games in the VFL instead of wasting their time with the sub.

This is likely to be very unpopular but in terms of giving us the best shot to win the game it might be worth picking Matt Jones as a defensive forward. We still need pace and run to keep up with better sides. I kind of can't believe I said that though. He could be the best option as sub so the we can give the young guys a full run and Michie/Newton full games in the VFL instead of wasting their time with the sub.

What good is pace and run when he butchers the ball when he's got it?

Lumumba's strengths outweigh the weaknesses in his game. His attack on the ball is key to his inclusion week in week out, it is his strength, he breaks the opposition lines.
His speed is actually extraordinary but also, sometimes it seems to make it hard to dispose of the pill accurately once he gets through the traffic. But imo that will improve as he and the team patterns settle a bit. Its a shame some MFC supporters refuse to see his upside, because the club selectors, P.Roos certainly do and I guarantee will continue to.
I'm looking fwd to seeing what he can do this week against Kangas.

Lumumba's strengths outweigh the weaknesses in his game. His attack on the ball is key to his inclusion week in week out, it is his strength, he breaks the opposition lines.
His speed is actually extraordinary but also, sometimes it seems to make it hard to dispose of the pill accurately once he gets through the traffic. But imo that will improve as he and the team patterns settle a bit. Its a shame some MFC supporters refuse to see his upside, because the club selectors, P.Roos certainly do and I guarantee will continue to.
I'm looking fwd to seeing what he can do this week against Kangas.

I actually think he's looked pretty slow this year. Maybe not slow, but not super-fast, like I always thought.

He does have some dash, but he's appeared to lose his out-and-out pace.

For the most part, I do like what he adds to the team though, for sure.

I actually think he's looked pretty slow this year. Maybe not slow, but not super-fast, like I always thought.

He does have some dash, but he's appeared to lose his out-and-out pace.

For the most part, I do like what he adds to the team though, for sure.

Nah his pace is good. He's been running into traffic nonstop.

They obviously think Salem needs 1 more week in the VFL and fair enough. Should get back for 4 solid weeks to finish the year. So Grimes stays in.

Can't see Neal-Bullen, Vanders or Harmes going out. Can't see Jamar getting picked.

So it comes down to Michie, Newton or Matt Jones.

Michie actually did a couple of nice things when he got the ball on the weekend, just didn't get much of it! I think his biggest issue is he's really not a half forward/wing but we aren't going to play him in the centre with plenty ahead of him right now. If he is out of contract then in the scheme of things he's worth giving more chances between now and the end of the year.

Newton probably has the best future of the 3 but he hasn't really done much at VFL to get back in. Although I like the way he has a habit for hitting the scoreboard.

Matt jones has been decent this year, people will hate him no matter what but he does move the ball forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Casey to be playing finals this year, what's the maximum number of Melbourne games someone can play and remain eligible for Casey? Could that be a consideration for someone like Salem?

Thought it was the other way around, thought you had to play a minimum amount of games at VFL level
Could be wrong

Vanders didn't exactly set the world on fire with his first half last week, looked a bit underdone as it was. Can't wait to see the chinese dragon run down the race for us instead :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back