Preview R2 v Crows - Showdown XLVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won 2 tickets for the ballot. Haven't really made any games the past few years and mate doesn't wanna go so handed them to a couple crows mates. Bit of rivalry banter!
Give the club a call to let them know otherwise both memberships maybe cancelled.

1591962597565.png

THE PORT ADELAIDE Football Club has ensured that all of its members will be at the Adelaide Oval – at least in spirit - when the players run out in the prison bar Guernsey for Showdown 48.

But, the club has come up with a way to honour every single person who has signed on as a member for 2020. That includes those who could not afford to continue their membership or elected not to after the pandemic hit.

A huge banner featuring the names of the more than 51,000 people who signed on as members for 2020 will be stationed behind the goals at the southern end of the ground, above where the players emerge from the race.

What other Club would do that.

Last edited:
View attachment 891266

THE PORT ADELAIDE Football Club has ensured that all of its members will be at the Adelaide Oval – at least in spirit - when the players run out in the prison bar Guernsey for Showdown 48.

But, the club has come up with a way to honour every single person who has signed on as a member for 2020. That includes those who could not afford to continue their membership or elected not to after the pandemic hit.

A huge banner featuring the names of the more than 51,000 people who signed on as members for 2020 will be stationed behind the goals at the southern end of the ground, above where the players emerge from the race.

🤣🤣 the two names you can read the easiest from that pic are Wingards!

View attachment 891266

No one can do a tarp like us.

So had to make the call that I couldn't make it tomorrow night after being successful in the ballot, Wife had booked something in almost a month ago. So called the club, tried to transfer it to another member, which couldn't be done. Which I was fine with. They then said my ticket would go back in the ballot which seams fair enough and a good outcome (call was about 4pm today). Will be very disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Has anyone recived a ticket today/tonight from member having to pull the pin on their ballot?

So had to make the call that I couldn't make it tomorrow night after being successful in the ballot, Wife had booked something in almost a month ago. So called the club, tried to transfer it to another member, which couldn't be done. Which I was fine with. They then said my ticket would go back in the ballot which seams fair enough and a good outcome (call was about 4pm today). Will be very disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Has anyone recived a ticket today/tonight from member having to pull the pin on their ballot?
I still haven’t heard either way...

View attachment 891266

I reckon my name would be on the next seat along on the right side of that picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won 2 tickets for the ballot. Haven't really made any games the past few years and mate doesn't wanna go so handed them to a couple crows mates. Bit of rivalry banter!

If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all from gbear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be fair

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I get you

So don't be afraid
to let them show
Your true colors
True colors
True colors

Red, yellow, blue...

P.S.: Reposting. It had been victim of a side effect.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this sounds a bit salty just because you lost. Maybe instead of getting annoyed at winners you could support the club and buy more memberships and improve your chances of winning next time?

it’s not about being salty. The club was very clear in their communications that you should only participate in the ballot if you intended to go. To enter and accept the tickets when you don’t intend to go is poor form.

it’s also in bad taste to give them to crows supporters when most port fans are locked out of a home game and the chance to see their beloved team wearing the prison bars.

then there is the ramifications of tracking which is the reason they were very clear that tickets should not be transferred

you are in the wrong here. People make Mistakes.

Own it. Fix it. Learn from it.

What an insanely disproportionate reaction to an innocent comment about giving tickets to friends. Peak Port BigFootball. Who cares about allegiance. You do this s**t for friends.

b..b...but the rules! It's not as if he ******* scalped them.

Take a bex, you'll all still see the game in some form.

What an insanely disproportionate reaction to an innocent comment about giving tickets to friends. Peak Port BigFootball. Who cares about allegiance. You do this s**t for friends.

b..b...but the rules! It's not as if he ******* scalped them.

Take a bex, you'll all still see the game in some form.

This is our life mate , I lost my s**t when I didn't get ticket to the game, to see someone piss there ticket away and to give it to 2 crows campaigners is infuriating on top

This is our life mate , I lost my s**t when I didn't get ticket to the game, to see someone piss there ticket away and to give it to 2 crows campaigners is infuriating on top

I don't think slagging another supporter is the answer for simply handing some tickets to some friends. Friends come well before any sort of football allegiance, unless you are insane. In which case, carry on.

Some perspective though, this is a season that is highly compromised in a game that couldn't have more modifications to it if you tried. We'll be wearing the prison bars every showdown, it'll happen. So you really aren't missing much.

However the overarching point here is that plenty of family and friends have divided football allegiances and this is not the first time or the last time tickets will be given to opposition supporters. I know I've done it before. Friends are certainly more important to me than random port supporters i wouldn't know from a bar of soap. Again, if he had scalped them for $$$ that's another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back