Preview R23, 2022 – Showdown LII (Robbie Gray Farewell)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're just trying to put a bit of spice into and promote a game that means absolutely nothing. There haven't been many if any Showdowns where both teams were mathematically out of the season. But I agree with Nicks, surely celebrating Robbie Gray's career is enough.

Robbie Gray's final match is enough promotion in itself. This other stuff is completely pointless and only gives them a reason to try and win. There's zero chance Nicks doesn't use this pre-game to get his team of potatoes fired up. Scary thing is it'll probably work.

Mate I'm not sure if I'm going. Got a few 'turmoils' going on at the moment. Not really in a good head space, so Loony is feeling a bit Loony at the moment and I think I may not react positively to negativity.

So I am 50/50 about going. Don't mean to be rude, would normally like to catch up with fellow Port supporters.
No worries mate. All the best :)

Let’s throw our bodies around and crunch these knobheads. I want to win for Robbie but the only way I’m getting into this game is if I see a few of their players limping of the ground in pain. Who cares if a few players get suspensions, next year will be no different. Let’s give them a ******* sore mad Monday!

This is more scripted than WWE. Our mouths are writing cheque's that our asses can't cash.

The so called 'trash talk' pantomime is as irrelevant as it's both funny and true but deep down Bass is right.

2 kids fighting about who's sandcastle is bigger. What it has flushed out are crom supporters venting because the truth hurts.

It's also exposed Nicks as a now fully fledged campaigner. As much a cockerel as our very own Daddy Donuts

both of them disingenuous weather vanes pointing and reacting to where their money comes from... atm :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I ordered my Robbie Gray GOAT tee on Tuesday. Received email with shipping and tracking notification first thing Wednesday express post. Get home from work today shirt still hasn't arrived, apparently still at sorting facility. Wanted it for tomorrow night.
Australia Post should be carved up into 100 pieces and privatised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably a PR move, sure. But I really hope we smash those flogs tomorrow. The way Rowey has been prattling on about the crows the past 3 weeks you'd think they'd beaten Melbourne, Brisbane and Collingwood. Getting way ahead of themselves.

I shouldn't say this, but I've got a good feeling about the game. I think a lot of our young guns are starting to find some very dangerous form, and it's why I think a lot of you are underestimating what we can do next year.

It's probably a PR move, sure. But I really hope we smash those flogs tomorrow. The way Rowey has been prattling on about the crows the past 3 weeks you'd think they'd beaten Melbourne, Brisbane and Collingwood. Getting way ahead of themselves.

I shouldn't say this, but I've got a good feeling about the game. I think a lot of our young guns are starting to find some very dangerous form, and it's why I think a lot of you are underestimating what we can do next year.
lotr3-movie-screencaps.com-.jpg

Both clubs suck, that's the embarrassing truth.
To be fair, we may suck, but we aren't totally irrelevant like they are. They've been so bad for so many years, I don't even get joy out of watching them lose anymore. I actually hope they start to become more competitive, so I can enjoy watching them fail again.

Personally would probably rather be in there position though, at least they are bottoming out, getting picks in and building. We're just treading water, in the mid table abyss.

Farewell to Robbie Gray, an absolute super star of the comp.

One of my favourite opposition players to watch even if he tormented me at times.

Ironic that 2 of my absolute favourites (Kennedy & now Gray) both retire within weeks and my side gets to play both of them.

Hopefully the crowd gets out in force for his send off.

What chance do you think we are of a premiership next year?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think with a couple of good trades and the right coaching box we could win the flag next year or at least give it a real nudge.

People aren't angry because we have been no hopers, they've been angry because of how badly we've underperformed for a decade.

Port donuts always sell more, even people who don't care about footy grab it because it's way prettier then the crows 1
Teal icing

paris hilton thats hot GIF

I predict a blue might happen and Charlie Dixon will run in like he's about to crush some skulls but end up just giving some skinny fringe player a firm push.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Looking like a decent crowd. Hope the rain stays away. I'll be sitting right next door to the knitting needle brigade cheer squad. Wish me luck.

Whose idea was it to spew all this crap. Yes we hate them, but I have doubt we may even back it up.

Potential disaster on our hands

We should back it up. But, then again, we should have won the first Showdown; we should have been preparing for Finals; etc; etc…

Do it for Robbie

In a Victorian team he’d have a Brownlow and a couple more AA jumpers. But let’s not focus on the negatives.

An absolute legend of the club. Sublime skills, evasiveness and ability to read the play. I hope he gets the W and 1 more medal.

Thanks for the memories R Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back